SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Un-Funk Thread. Big Victories, Small Victories, and Stuff that Makes You Happy - We Shall Start With Darius Rucker "It's Alright"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Un-Funk Thread. Big Victories, Small Victories, and Stuff that Makes You Happy - We Shall Start With Darius Rucker "It's Alright" Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
This cracks me up every time. I don't know why its just silly.

Here's another one. Language warning NSFW.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm2U_mzhyi_/

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
My son completed his last requirement to receive the BSA Den Chief Service Award tonight. He (we) have been working on this service award for almost two years. It is a difficult service award to get. His Pack gave him a gift card as well. He said it felt good to finally earn something he had been working toward for a long time. I’m proud of him.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8797 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today is my wedding anniversary. I started strolling down memory lane and so I'm having a good day so far.

My son started cursing sort of. He now walks around saying "oh biscuits." I don't know where he got it, but it's funny.

I fell asleep last night in my chair, and my wife said "Go to bed." I got 8 hours of sleep. That's rare.

I know with all that's going on these days, we should all count our blessings.

I hope everyone on this forum has a fantastic day!

Posts: 658 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
originally posted by xd45man:
Today is my wedding anniversary. I started strolling down memory lane and so I'm having a good day so far.

Happy anniversary

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
New hire showed up on Monday and came back Tuesday.

Potential new hire interviewed with the department managers and started Monday, also came back Tuesday.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well, summer vacation is almost here…one more week and our 11yo daughter will be out. Always fun to have 2 or 3 months off.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
It's going to be a lovely day folks. Smile

https://youtu.be/yfcTgnpo3vI

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I won the internet today!

We’ve been coming up to MI for the summer for 15 years. There’s two houses on the property, my parents’ and ours. Since my parents were here for six months at a time, they ran a phone line (over 1,000’) to their house and have a whopping 6mbps DSL connection. We’ve always used our cell phones.

Every year though, I’ve thought about connecting to my parents’ internet service 600’ away through the woods. Today, I did it. I used a 5GHz wireless bridge with to units that have 23dBi high gain parabolic dish antennas. I placed one inside my parents’ house connected to their switch and one inside our house connected to my laptop. These are supposed to be line of sight, but I figured I’d give it a shot. It worked, I got the full 6mbps on my laptop. Should be awesome when I mount them outside, trim some tree branches, and we get fiber next year.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rode the Pan America to the LGS today. Pleasant ride but chilly. 53 degrees!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this little song!

I just got out of an 11 day hospital stay, 6 in ICU, with diffuse pneumonia and a blood infection—- dodged the reaper again at age 82! Now at home with ampicillin every 6 hours around the clock for a month.

That little song has VASTLY improved my mood and outlook! A thousand thanks again!!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
At the gym I weigh myself. I do so on the first and fifteenth of the month.

This morning I learned that since January 2022, I have lost 108 pounds. I am now 21 pounds less than I weighed in January 2000. I was 40.

I’m also capable of longer aerobic output (>60 minutes at 85% max heart rate) and physically stronger (save my left shoulder which is FUBAR).

All those are huge positives in my life.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations 2340! That's a huge achievement.

You lost a mini-me!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Congratulations 2340! That's a huge achievement.

You lost a mini-me!

If I make my lowest end state weight, I will have lost 48% of my body weight.

ETA: I do not foresee making that weight.

Then I fully expect to die, to lose the other 52%. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Watching the fairly new kittens (7) in the back yard when I feed them. They're feral and skittish but are getting more used to me and don't run off when I come out. Maybe one day they'll be more socialized (their mothers are).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Now that I’ve posted in the “funk” thread, here’s my personal feel good for the day:

At the end of the initial several-day handgun training for an agency new hire who previously retired from the armed forces, retired from a state law enforcement agency, and worked in court security for several years, he said the firearms training was “the best” he’d ever received: the sort of thing that makes it all worthwhile.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Then you HAVE to keep doing it, John!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38655 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a bluebird house up last week on the fence post behind the house and a nesting pair have already moved in.

Went through Liberty, MO today on 152 highway at rush hour where there are about 10 stop lights within 3 miles and hit every one green.

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Today was a great day.

The weather was beautiful, I got to spend a couple of hours kayaking with my "other brother," and I'm sitting on the porch now with a nice beverage and a mild breeze. The neighbor's beagles are quiet, the birds are chirping, and I have tomorrow off from work.

I'm warm enough, cool enough, certainly well-fed. Today on the river I got a few minutes to watch three does and two fawns play and eat nearby. I set all of the daily worries and piddles aside and got to stare at the water and the trees.

I'm neither a saint nor a Bible scholar, but today brought Psalm 118:24 to mind: "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."

Toss that funk aside for a while, friends. Today has been a beautiful day.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post