SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like I’m ringing in the new year in the hospital
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I’m ringing in the new year in the hospital Login/Join 
posted
Covid went a few rounds with my lungs and landed me here. No visitors allowed. So I was hoping some of you could post some pics of all the shiny new toys that 2021 has blessed you with. That should help keep the spirits up.

Posts: 1156 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon. I have a friend in Denver doing the same since before Christmas.

Here is one shiny toy I put together earlier this year:

Get well soon!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I really need to go back and determine if posting pix on here is as easy as some say Razz

I want to wish you a speedy and full recovery so you can return home sooner than later. You know, like. "Lets get out of here." Wink

Prayer sent.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19683 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Get thee Regeneron, pronto! Then get thyself out of the hospital ASAP....Don't stay there any longer that you have to!

My brother was in the hospital w/ COVID for THIRTY-ONE Days! It was no picnic, but he said it seemed like they were never going to let him leave...

Stay Strong, Godspeed, and Happy New Year! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9413 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I have nothing to post as I didn't get anything. All the same, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21099 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hope you recover quickly!

'Twas a 1911 year for me, 2021 was:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Nothing shiny and new, but I wish you well and hope it is a short stay 400m

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11445 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I wish you a very speedy recovery. I'm just on the tail end of my second Covid go around and it is quite the PITA. Get lots of rest and keep hydrated and you will be up and around in no time!

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1588 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Get well soon!
My boss (and his whole household) & grandmother both have it right now, but mild cases fortunately.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15956 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I was in a few days earlier this ear for an infection and while it wasn't a great experience, they got me fixed up and the staff was wonderful.

Only new thing I got for Christmas was a Shadow Systems MR920. I sold off a Gen5 Glock 19 that I just wasn't overly impressed with. With the sale of the Glock, I paid a little over $150 to upgrade to this. Boy is was an upgrade too. Better trigger, better sights, feels better in the hand, groups a little tighter. Now this is the Base MR920, it doesn't have the optics cut on the slide or the threaded barrel.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4573 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Santa brought a defroster door for my truck.

Recently I was able to get a P228 that I couldn't live without.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Posts: 9388 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
No pics, just my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5311 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a quick recovery!

Merry Christmas to me from meSmile

A wedding gift from my best man.

Finally got around to getting a safe. It's cheap but works for my purposes.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1783 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear and my prayers are with you.

I picked up a few neat things this year but nothing as fun as this, a new Beretta M9A4 that I added a compensator to. It’s a blast to shoot.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. I had a family member that COVID whipped their butt pretty good but they are on the mend as I am sure you will be too before you know it. Just be prepared to be TIRED for a quite a stretch. Hang in there and always remember pain is just God's little way of letting you know you are still alive and he is thinking about you. Big Grin

Alas I haven't been doing as much powder burning over the last couple years as I traditionally do so I haven't really bought anything new on that front. You will have to settle for a shiny new airgun, literally.....the shiny one in the middle. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7849 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Feel better soon.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8004 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Get Well Soon and a Happier New Year!

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Hope you’re back to 100% soon. Happy New Year.

My wife and I bought our dream home back in October. The front has been cleaned up of much of the vegetation as has the backyard.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4302 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
The wife and I are getting over it now.
Get better soon and enjoy the New Year!
Our older son and family are moving to TN and will join our younger son in the Franklin area. So we got that going for us, which is nice.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nothing shiny, only want you to get well.

Keep physically active, and do deep breathing exercises.

Stuck in a bed is bad medicine.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44415 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post