SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like I’m ringing in the new year in the hospital
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I’m ringing in the new year in the hospital Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
We'll see you next year then. Get well soon.

Here are my two new toys: a couple of Sig P226 Legions.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20014 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It worked, lifted my spirits. But Mrs. 400m just pulled up here in an ambulance for the same reason I’m here.

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep ‘em coming boys, at least she gets to kiss her husband at midnight.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
It worked, lifted my spirits. But Mrs. 400m just pulled up here in an ambulance for the same reason I’m here.

Jeez, that's not good.
All I've got is some very big cookies. You guys get better and I'll get you the recipe.
(if I can get my pic to show)
https://imgur.com/a/XDYTRJt

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Get well soon!

My brother and SIL send me one of these every year around Christmas time.

Very good, especially when moistened with bourbon. They’re Baptists, so I don’t mention that part. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9433 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wishing y’all a safe and full recovery !!

————————-

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh geez... Frown

My best wishes for her quick recovery, too.

My wife and I both got hit with the Wu Flu. First me, three weeks ago, Sunday, then her, five days later. It didn't rough me up too badly, but it has been particularly unkind to my wife. She does seem to finally be improving a bit, though.

quote:
Keep ‘em coming boys, at least she gets to kiss her husband at midnight.

Well, at least your spirits are high Smile

I don't have any additional 2021 acquisitions to post up, but I do have this, which I just picked up from my 1911 smith, and its story:

Kimber had done an odd thing with this barrel. They'd reverse-crowned it, which is Very Cool, but they left a raised rim around the outside circumference of the muzzle. Every time I cleaned the gun I'd have to take a patch and run it around and around the inside of that rim several times, with my finger nail, to get all the crud out.

It was annoying. Very annoying.

I had my 1911 smith mill that stupid rim off Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to learn you are stuck in bed. Here's a Nightforce optic I bought this year. It's not very shiny though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it 400m I hope you both recover quickly and get home tomorrow for a really Happy New Year.

Posts: 1160 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Even w/o pictures .. I'd like to wish you and mrs400 a speedy recovery and the best possible New Years!

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2077 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
No pictures to post brother (although we did get a new Beretta Bobcat) …

But I wish you well and a happy new year !

0:01

Posts: 4279 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I hope you both recover quickly!

Here are a couple pics of what 2021 brought me and my family: We built and finished our new home and I finally got my truck!

Posts: 3477 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get well soon for the both of you.
Nothing new or shiny for me. I did get a case of the covid on Christmas night and tested positive on Tuesday. I've got a mild case but it is hard trying to keep the wife and kids from catching it.
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the well wishes. It helps the day go by. Happy new year SF members!

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year to you and Mrs. 400m! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My prayers and best wishes for you and your wife and family.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year! I hope and pray you get better soon!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
No new firearms or related things here to post pictures of. Just wishing you and yours a Happy New Year.
Sorry to hear that your wife got Covid, wishing you both a speedy, and complete recovery.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year, 400m! Hope you get better soon and you're back to shooting in no time!

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that both you and your wife are laid up in the hospital, but glad that you're well enough to post! Both my parents got hit by the 'vid pretty hard this year, but thankfully they both pulled through. Stay up and moving as much as you can...keep air flowing through your lungs!

As to shiny stuff...I started looking through my flikr account and realized that 2021 was a really good year for firearms acquisitions. But more importantly, I had some awesome times with my family. I got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a couple of months back, and while I'm getting all the changes from that figured out, I've gained a much greater appreciation for stuff that I used to take for granted. So instead of posting a bunch of gun pics (don't worry, I'll still sneak in a few), I'll share a few of some stuff we got to do and see together this year as a family:

A 4 day backpacking trip in Dolly Sods, WV with my younger brother:

Family vacation in Utah and Arizona:

Backpacking trip just me and my wife in the Bighorns in Wyoming:

A canoe camping trip with me and my son at Craig Lake in Upper Peninsula, MI:

A 3 day hiking trip with my brother and son and Mohican State park in Ohio:

Shooting 500 yard steel with a Garand at my buddy's grandpa's farm, with my son:

And the Enfield SMLE that I bought last week for my son. It's been a fun project together so far...he's going to have to learn to reload for it, and hopefully there are some good times together shooting it to come in 2022!

Posts: 9180 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post