SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like I’m ringing in the new year in the hospital
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I’m ringing in the new year in the hospital Login/Join 
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
1944 Vintage.....

Posts: 2030 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Hey praying for you and your wife for a full recovery!

As for the picture request, here is a new-to-me S&W Model 27-2 with a 3-1/2” barrel along with some gunleather from Barranti, all 2021 arrivals.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6732 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Get well soon.

I'm having a blast with the PSA AKV9.

Q

Posts: 27503 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Rest up and get well!

Not new but acquired many years ago. Production run from Walther was 2600 of these babies.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
My mom's Ruger three screw, 1953 .22LR. I come from good stock, both of my parents were shooters.

Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I ordered a new car in '21 but it's been pushed to '22 with the shortages. In the next two months I should be taking delivery of a Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition exactly as pictured.

Posts: 662 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Shiny toys? Are there any other kind?

Lie-Nielsen #102 block plane, hand scrapers, carbide burnisher.

Get well soon! Lay off pinching cigars and smoking nurses!
(In my parent's day there were smoking areas in hospitals. Even smoking rooms).

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Hope you get well soon. I spent five days in the hospital with it, went in on December 15th. Got to the ER at 9:30pm and sat there until 3:30am when they finally took me back and got me in a bed. They put me on oxygen because it was hard to breathe, couldn’t get that good deep breath because of pneumonia in both lungs, fatigued, fever, headache, diarrhea, discomfort in chest when I tried to take a deep breath, just felt horrible. I thought I was going to die the next day, I freaking felt horrible. This shit was not like the flu for me, I’ve still got fatigue and breathing issues. Also, I’ve had to take a nap every day, I’ve never had to take naps.

Posts: 1783 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Get well soon!

Posts: 9402 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Preowned Hatagane clamps and a really nice Micro•Mark mini-vise. NYD purchase, nine items, $50, CL, no headache. The mini brass clamps may be c.1980-ish but I'm no expert.

posted Hide Post
Well the Mrs. got to go home today. I’m stuck for now but thanks everyone, some awesome pics in here.

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woodman, nice low angle block plane.

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Good to hear of some progress. Hang in there!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Sorry no pics just wanted to say I'm glad your better half is doing well and hopefully you get sprung soon.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be damn Thankful you are in a hospital that allows SF!! When I was in for my heart I couldn't. My Prayers are up for a full recovery for you both!! Our family was spared from any hospital stays, and I am Thankful for that!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I put this together in my basement this last fall. Just a place to relax and think for a bit.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
Woodman, nice low angle block plane.
Lie-Nielsen makes really nice tools. Their Violin Maker's Plane was chosen in 2018 although the #102 would have been better overall. Started working reclaimed white cedar and made due with a 9 1/2" Stanley Handyman. Now reclaimed heart pine with tendonitis, it's long past time for the right size plane.

A better plane required better sharpening skills. Plus, the card scrapers were in woeful shape. A hack job every time, creating a burr. So I studied up and first cleaned & flattened two filthy acquired honing stones. Then squared up my cards real pretty, and finally more-or-less properly used the carbide burnisher on the first card.

LN is not, IMHO, shipping their edged tools with as piercingly sharp an edge as them may have in 2018. The #102 blunted up fairly quickly. "Freehand" sharpening, I now know, does not mean holding the plane blade in your hand at the correct angle Wink although that is the way I've always done it. Checked the budget, gritted my gums, and hit Complete Sale on a Lie-Nielsen Honing Guide after reviewing budget eclipse-style guides as well as the Veritas. Also ordered a Sand-Flex Hand Block - Fine to get the spots off of my card scrapers.

Note: In case anyone asks, Lie-Nielsen tools do not come up on the pre-owned marketplace very often. If they do, they cost more than new. These are heirloom tools, used for a lifetime, and passed on to the deserved.

I've three cedar "vessels" of staved slats, flat bottomed, a little too wide in diameter to allow a SimpleHuman Size B drawstring trash bag to fit. Once the No. 102 is sharp enough to slice a hair in half lengthways, one of the vessels will be sacrificed in this experiment to make a kitchen counter refuse bucket.

Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Here's a Caddy photo I did a while back. Hope you are improving! Cheers