SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple is Killing iTunes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple is Killing iTunes Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
What are the options for backup if I do an OTA update? Is cloud storage used for that?

Yes.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
More than once, I have had an OTA update just "freeze."

Between my wife and I and our two iPhone 6S' and iPads we've probably had two dozen iOS updates and countless app updates. Neither of us has ever had one "just freeze" during an update. I've seen some of the bigger ones appear to come to a halt for the longest time, but they eventually move along and complete.

But we update only on WiFi, I have commercial-/carrier-/prosumer-grade network hardware throughout and a business class Internet connection, with automatic Internet connection fail-over to a backup LTE connection, so we have an above-average reliable network.

In fact: As a result of somebody on another forum asserting "WiFi is unstable and not to be trusted" I started up a ping process to my only wireless security cam two days ago and forgot it was running. It's now up to nearly 17,000 pings w/o a single packet loss Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Apple finally explains how the switch from iTunes will work. Decent article.

“Apple announced this week that it's sunsetting the iTunes brand to make way for a trio of new apps - Music, Podcasts and TV.

While the services bring with them a bevvy of new features, many users have been left wondering what will happen to their beloved iTunes music libraries, some of which have grown to amass hundreds of gigabytes worth of content.

The iPhone maker is now reassuring users that their music collections aren't at risk of vanishing as a result of the move away from iTunes.
……
When users update to macOS Catalina, their current music library, as well as any playlists created in iTunes, will appear in the new Apple Music app for Macs.

None of their iTunes files will be deleted, they'll simply be reorganized in the new Apple Music app…”

Lots more info follows.

https://mol.im/a/7114075

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post