SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any users have experience with the Lemon Law regarding automobiles?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any users have experience with the Lemon Law regarding automobiles? Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
I had Chevy buy back a lemon 2006 Corvette. The car would just die driving down the road. At first it would restart but with each random (weeks apart) event the car would take longer to restart. At the end it was over two hours. The process was straight forward and painless. Hardest part is getting the service departmentn to accurately list the problem. The game the dealer plays is to call it something different everytime so that it looks like 5 new problems instead of one continuing issue.

After reviewing the service records, it shows that the engine is throwing the same code each time. I'm hoping that it happens the required number of times since they can't seem to fix it.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact this guy:

http://lehtoslaw.com

An attorney will take a lemon law case at no cost to you typically since the manufacturer has to pay legal costs if you when. This guy has written a million articles about lemon law and has weekly podcasts about automotive law. From what I gather, he's damn good at what he does and he's likely local to you depending on what exactly "SE Michigan" entails.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
Contact this guy:

http://lehtoslaw.com

An attorney will take a lemon law case at no cost to you typically since the manufacturer has to pay legal costs if you when. This guy has written a million articles about lemon law and has weekly podcasts about automotive law. From what I gather, he's damn good at what he does and he's likely local to you depending on what exactly "SE Michigan" entails.

Thank you for the info, I have sent him an e-mail with the pertinent info with the hope that he will be able to help me.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post