SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Fund Me Gone wrong.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Fund Me Gone wrong. Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
So, I assume the homeless man wasn't really a "vet" either???

Vets can be shitty people too.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Katelyn McClure and Mark D’Amico were taken into custody surrendered to authorities on Wednesday and were released. Philadelphia Police said Thursday homeless veteran Johnny Bobbitt was arrested in the city by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.

GoFundMe says all donors will receive a full refund.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal....undme-case-arrested/

McClure, 28, D'Amico, 39, and Bobbitt, 34, were all charged with second-degree theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pros...ed/story?id=59215607

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I like crowdfunding as a way to fuel entrepreneurs bringing new products to market, the electronic pan handling is pathetic tho.

Bingo.

Kickstarter is awesome, since it's crowdfunded entrepeneurship.

But GoFundMe is just elaborate panhandling in 98% of cases.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I never trusted the guy on the right after what he did to Superman.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So which one in those mug shots is the homeless guy? I can't tell.

And anyone who didn't know this was a scam from the get-go is simply naive.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Before being given $400,000 which they did not earn.

After being given that which they did not earn.

Kind of says it all right there.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is, but something seems odd here. Just 14 months?

Military records obtained by ABC News show that Bobbit served in the Marines as an ammunition technician from December 2002 to February 2004 and was awarded a National Defense Service Medal.

Complete article:

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

Military records obtained by ABC News show that Bobbit served in the Marines as an ammunition technician from December 2002 to February 2004 and was awarded a National Defense Service Medal.

Complete article:

Probably got booted for drugs and/or being cray cray (or medical). He never saw combat if all they mentioned is a national defense medal.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

Complete article:

Which means he did less than dick in the military and the term Veteran, while technically correct, is not an accurate term for this guy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they got nailed, and that all donors get full refunds. At least they won't have to worry about where they'll live and how they'll eat for a good long time. I doubt the clothing will be as fashionable as they are used to though.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37912 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go fund me takes a 10% vig ?! What a time to be alive.

Posts: 4733 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
The thing about free Money is that people are gonna keep asking for more

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It sounds like these scumbags friends and family knew it was a scam from the beginning but no one turned them in:

Read The Unbelievable Text Messages Behind $400K GoFundMe Scam

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
Taking advantage of people generosity, SMh. This is as bad as it can be.

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It sounds like these scumbags friends and family knew it was a scam from the beginning but no one turned them in:

An interesting little read... I loved seeing their anxiety mount as the noose started tightening. I think it’s funny how the homeless guy (Bobbit) looks less like a homeless guy in the mug shot than D’Amico. I sincerely hope they enjoy jail.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Greed, may I introduce you to Avarice.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

An interesting little read... I loved seeing their anxiety mount as the noose started tightening. I think it’s funny how the homeless guy (Bobbit) looks less like a homeless guy in the mug shot than D’Amico. I sincerely hope they enjoy jail.

They all look homeless now...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And now that chick is busy trying to throw the boyfriend under the bus in order to save her thieving, lying ass Big Grin

GoFundMe scam: Woman says she was duped, releases audio

There truly IS no honor among thieves.

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butterflyeffect:
Taking advantage of people generosity, SMh. This is as bad as it can be.
You piece of shit lying fucking asshole. You think you're clever son? Say hey to all your thieving buddies is shithole Nigeria, you fucking thief.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Do you want to piss off a judge in a family court? Start a GoFundMe to finance your divorce from your "no-good cheating bastard of a husband."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post