SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Fund Me Gone wrong.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Fund Me Gone wrong. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Looks like all the money is gone...

https://6abc.com/all-gofundme-...ss-man-says/4144230/

Gee, really?!?!?!

LOL

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Unless the homeless guy was in on it from the beginning, this is the weirdest shit ever.

How could these clowns spend ALL of the money, especially when this story was national news and their faces were plastered all over the place?

They can't be that stupid...yes, of course they can, but this is a special level of stupid doing this and not thinking they wouldn't be called out.

This whole story is super sketchy.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
They should get charged criminally IMO. They raised money under false pretenses. Shit if a Republican did this he would definitely be in prison Smile

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/20...-bobbits-money-gone/

Bobbitt’s lawyer, Chris Fallon, argues the couple failed to deliver on any of their promises. They didn’t buy Bobbitt a house, they bought him a trailer, registered it under McClure’s name and parked it on her family’s land. They didn’t buy Bobbitt’s dream car, they bought him different used car, also registered under McClure’s name. It has since broken down. The salary never materialized and neither did the investments. And now, all of the money is apparently gone.

Fallon said he learned of the dried-up account during a call with the couple’s lawyer on Tuesday.

“It completely shocked me when I heard,” Fallon told the Philadelphia Inquirer. “It came as a complete surprise to me.”

He described Bobbitt as “completely devastated” by the revelation, according NJ.com. In an interview with CNN Fallon said by his accounting “there should be close to another $300,000 available to Johnny.”

McClure and her boyfriend had been given a deadline of last Friday to effect the transfer of funds and submit receipts and other documentation accounting for the rest of it. They missed that deadline and apparently went silent, prompting Fallon to call and check on their progress.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they followed the Government matrix:

Create a tax, make a lot of promises, collect the money, promises not kept, money gone, nobody knows where it went, people who paid are in the same boat as they were before but without the money they paid, politicians suddenly have unexplained wealth. need still exists, create a tax. . .

They followed it to a "T".

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Give him every last cent in a paper bag.

All his problems will be solved by nightfall.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Police raid New Jersey couple's home after $400G in GoFundMe cash they raised for homeless veteran disappears

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...eran-disappears.html

Police raided the home Thursday of a New Jersey couple who have been ordered by a judge to appear in court to explain what happened to the $400,000 they raised online for a homeless Good Samaritan.

Footage taken from the scene showed a shiny, black BMW car being towed away from the Bordentown property owned by Katie McClure and Mark D’Amico. Other videos showed D’Amico hitting golf balls off the lawn surrounding the home.

Burlington County said a "search warrant was executed early this morning by the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office and the Florence Township Police Department at the residence of D'Amico and McClure in connection with a criminal investigation into the Johnny Bobbitt matter."

"As of this time, there have been no charges filed," Burlington County Prosecutor Scott A. Coffina said in a statement.

Superior Court Judge Paula Dow said Wednesday that McClure and D’Amico must appear Monday for a deposition in a suit filed by Bobbitt over the whereabouts of the hundreds of thousands of dollars raised for him via GoFundMe.

Bobbitt’s story went viral in late 2017 after he gave McClure his last $20 for gas when she was stranded. She set up a GoFundMe page for him, which raised $400,000.

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...

Shitty people being shitty. No shit.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This thing stinks to high heaven from the very beginning where this "broke" homeless guy just happened to have 20 bucks on him to give to this couple for gas. I am starting to smell scam and these two scumbags just cut the druggie out of the deal.

This is why I will never give one thin dime to Go Fund Me no matter how much of a sob story they give.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There is a darthfuster gofundme page to help me buy a fast car. I'd appreciate it if y'all would contribute......Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29693 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This thing stinks to high heaven from the very beginning where this "broke" homeless guy just happened to have 20 bucks on him to give to this couple for gas. I am starting to smell scam and these two scumbags just cut the druggie out of the deal.

This is why I will never give one thin dime to Go Fund Me no matter how much of a sob story they give.
Roll Eyes

My thoughts too.

The boyfriend looks as scumbaggy as they get.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas@Last:
Sounds like they followed the Government matrix:

Create a tax, make a lot of promises, collect the money, promises not kept, money gone, nobody knows where it went, people who paid are in the same boat as they were before but without the money they paid, politicians suddenly have unexplained wealth. need still exists, create a tax. . .

They followed it to a "T".

This is exactly what happened when Mark Zuckerberg donated over $100 million to the Newark, NJ public school system. He went on Oprah to announce his donation. Years later, there's nothing to show for it. There's a book about it titled, The Prize .

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
This is exactly what happened when Mark Zuckerberg donated over $100 million to the Newark, NJ public school system.

The problem with getting something for nothing. Give a guy a million and within days, he'll ask for a second million. Give $100m to the 'schools' or whatever the school spending authority decides is part of the school (Cadillac Escalade leases for everyone?) and they'll want another $100m within months.

I'm rather enjoying the $400k dilemma. And think the judge will throw the thieves into jail for contempt when they try the '5th Amendment" excuse.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Fund Me is a rip off in the name of charity and do-goodness. They take approx 8%+ from the donations. That's downright criminal! We send donations directly to the non profits we deem worthy. Go Fund Me can go you know what to themselves.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ok...back to the point please...

posted Hide Post
i see prison in their future

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

Perhaps we can gofundme their bail and legal fees and then not give it to them... Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29693 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I just can't understand how some fuckwit goes to this website, sees a "cause" needs X amount of money and then continues to donate well after X amount has been reached.

I mean, the guy supposedly gave you $20 fucking dollars. How about give him his $20 back. If you're feeling like paying it forward, shit, $100 is a fivefold repayment.

People are stupid.

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
“Johnny will be made whole and we’re committing that he’ll get the balance of the funds that he has not yet received or benefited from. GoFundMe’s goal has always been to ensure Johnny gets support he deserves,” GoFundMe said in a statement.

I am betting the lawyer's tactic is to go after GFM and let GFM sue to recover the $400,000.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal....he-has-not-received/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

What law(s) did they break? (Serious question)

Seems to me they made a handshake deal and backed out of it. Wrong? Yeah. Illegal? I don't know.

Fraud maybe?

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post