SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATF proposing to ban/restrict pistol “braces.” Very short comment period: Please get involved.
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF proposing to ban/restrict pistol “braces.” Very short comment period: Please get involved. Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Ok, I scanned through the actual ruling quickly, and maybe I missed it, but I did not see anywhere it mentioned the ruling applied nationwide. It just says "the Court...STAYS the Rule in its entirety". It would be great, if it truly does nationwide, but...

..yeah, I don't see it clearly as well, but it SEEMS that the the states represented by the 5th Circuit (Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana) are covered.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^At the end of the previous paragraph:

"But public safety concerns must be addressed in ways that are lawful. This Rule is not."

I read that to say that the judge finds that the rule itself is unlawful and hence the decision to 'STAY the Rule in its entirety'!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Awesome update, thanks for posting. Good on those of you who have been relentlessly fighting the good fight for our rights in the court system.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Tony, I get it. But, realize that this is just someone else's opinion. The guy even made the disclaimer to the effect of "Hey man, I'm just a messenger. Don't pin this on me. Those guys are the experts". And, even those experts opinion means very little, if at all. The only opinion that matters is what's written down by the ruling court. Didn't we already have this kind of go around earlier? Does the temporary injunction apply only to the plaintiffs and GOA members, or does apply nationwide?

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well this just came out today, so I'm sure we'll get some more clarification tomorrow. Either way, good news and a step in the right direction!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5516 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A nationwide injunction is awesome news!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23643 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tony, sir. When dealing with the JBTs, I just need to be absolutely sure. Smile

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
GOA on twitter says it's national...
https://twitter.com/GunOwners/.../1722451485164699764

As well as Mrgunsandgear....

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5516 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Was anyone entertaining the idea of complying with this if it passed anyway?

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You mean like gettin' Free Tax Stamps & shit? Wink

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3594 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With this rule being declared invalid, does that make all the newly minted "free" SBR's now owing a $200 fee or if the owner chooses not to pay do they revert back to pistol status? This could get interesting...

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2939 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Nope, they’ll stay free SBR’s is my guess. They did get partial registration though, if only a small percentage.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
With this rule being declared invalid, does that make all the newly minted "free" SBR's now owing a $200 fee or if the owner chooses not to pay do they revert back to pistol status? This could get interesting...

The 'Rule' has not been declared invalid...The judge just issued a Nationwide Injunction preventing enforcement! The case actually hasn't been to court yet, so to speak.

Live Free or Die!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:

The 'Rule' has not been declared invalid...The judge just issued a Nationwide Injunction preventing enforcement! The case actually hasn't been to court yet, so to speak.

Thank you, I am far from a lawyer so appreciate the clarification.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2939 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Yippie! Now I can a full compliment of tools in my work vehicle:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Imagine if every single gun owner regardless of whether they own a braced pistol or not started posting pics of them every day; the atf goons would lose their minds Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

A lot of people were duped into getting on the lists and now can't take their firearm across state lines without asking daddy for permission.

posted Hide Post
I thought the current brace rule was stayed because it's deemed illegal by this judge, and not merely issued an injunction against its enforcement.

-MG

Posts: 2204 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^
Imagine if every single gun owner regardless of whether they own a braced pistol or not started posting pics of them every day; the atf goons would lose their minds Big Grin