SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Payment for shipped rifle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Payment for shipped rifle? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
I’ve got a guy in another state that wants to buy a rifle I have for sale, shipped to his ffl. What would be the best way for me to accept payment?

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
USPS Money Order

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Zelle

Q

Posts: 26391 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
zelle is my 1st choice as well but thru my bank up to $2k, either buying or selling.

zelle thru the app only is limited to $500/week.

zelle is near instantaneous with no fees. account is tied to checking account by cell # or email.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
As a Luddite, I generally use/specify a USPS money order, and cash it at the Post Office.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that the USPS cashes MO out of the counter's cash drawer for the day. If it is for a significant amount it can be a pain to cash it.

I just cashed one for $500 and it took going to 3 different PO and after i struck out at the 3rd one and was back in my truck one of the ladies came out and stopped me to let me know that someone behind me in line bought a bigger MO with cash and they could cover my MO.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a Luddite, I generally use/specify a USPS money order, and cash it at the Post Office.

^^^^^
I just deposit USPSMO in my account. Is there an advantage to going to the USPS other than getting cash?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The Post Office will be able to spot a fake money order immediately, the bank may not. If you deposit the money order in you bank account, ship the item and it turns out the money order was a fake, you are out of luck.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Trying to avoid the USPS at all costs. How long does it take for the bank to identify a bogus money order? I would typically wait seven business days for a personal check to clear, what about a money order? I may just ask the bank branch manager if no one knows for certain.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always use USPS Money Order for all my firearm transaction, Buying or selling.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post