SIGforum
Payment for shipped rifle?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2180017164

October 05, 2019, 10:26 AM
techguy
Payment for shipped rifle?
I’ve got a guy in another state that wants to buy a rifle I have for sale, shipped to his ffl. What would be the best way for me to accept payment?
October 05, 2019, 10:30 AM
RHINOWSO
USPS Money Order
October 05, 2019, 10:47 AM
Zelle

Q

October 05, 2019, 11:17 AM
airbubba
zelle is my 1st choice as well but thru my bank up to $2k, either buying or selling.

zelle thru the app only is limited to $500/week.

zelle is near instantaneous with no fees. account is tied to checking account by cell # or email.
October 05, 2019, 02:46 PM
arfmel
As a Luddite, I generally use/specify a USPS money order, and cash it at the Post Office.
October 05, 2019, 03:03 PM
SpinZone
Keep in mind that the USPS cashes MO out of the counter's cash drawer for the day. If it is for a significant amount it can be a pain to cash it.

I just cashed one for $500 and it took going to 3 different PO and after i struck out at the 3rd one and was back in my truck one of the ladies came out and stopped me to let me know that someone behind me in line bought a bigger MO with cash and they could cover my MO.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

October 05, 2019, 03:08 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
As a Luddite, I generally use/specify a USPS money order, and cash it at the Post Office.

^^^^^
I just deposit USPSMO in my account. Is there an advantage to going to the USPS other than getting cash?
October 05, 2019, 03:46 PM
trapper189
The Post Office will be able to spot a fake money order immediately, the bank may not. If you deposit the money order in you bank account, ship the item and it turns out the money order was a fake, you are out of luck.
October 05, 2019, 03:53 PM
ZSMICHAEL
^^^^
Trying to avoid the USPS at all costs. How long does it take for the bank to identify a bogus money order? I would typically wait seven business days for a personal check to clear, what about a money order? I may just ask the bank branch manager if no one knows for certain.
October 07, 2019, 08:18 AM
Plasteek
I always use USPS Money Order for all my firearm transaction, Buying or selling.