SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ridiculous things you see on TV cop shows
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ridiculous things you see on TV cop shows Login/Join 
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't see anyone mention the never ending weapon magazines. Never a reload, never run out of bullets.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hold on a minute, are yall trying to say or imply that the cop shows don't mimic real life? I can see that for some of the shows, but I know for sure that shows like Reno 911 are 100 percent true............LOL

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
I had a new front door installed by an excellent contractor. The contractor went over with me the amount of force it would take to brake down the door. So that very night, I'm watching a cop show on TV. The cop is denied entry, so with a single kick he knocks down the door, and charges right in. Pure bullshit. I realized that you actually see that a lot. You really do have to suspend disbelief to watch these shows. What other crazy ridiculous stuff do you see on cop shows? Would love to hear from LEOs or anybody.

Actually that is NOT BS. Most residential home feature WOOD door frames made using soft Poplar that is very easy to split. With these types of frames a 65 year old 150 lbs geezer can easily kick the door in with just one kick.

If you want true Security you have to start at the frame. Preference is a steel frame designed to be very secure. Then when you mount a Security rated door using security rated hinges and latch plate you will have a door that is fairly difficult to kick in.

I have a rather large tool collection in my garage so to insure it was secure I rebuilt the latch side of the door frame using a 80 inch piece of 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/4 inch steel angle. The latch hole, deadbolt hole and countersinks for 12 flat head screws are all milled into this piece of angle iron. On the hinge side I sistered in an addition vertical stud and then secured the Security rates hinges using 4 inch decking screws. As for the Door, it's a Security rated exterior door. End result is a door that won't be at all easy to kick in.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5695 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Short of "Barney Miller". No one EVER does any REPORTS!

Cops involved in chaotic pursuit resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars damage in multiple jurisdictions, with several bag guys killed rom gunfire or death by auto accident. After the commercial everyone back on the street...life goes on.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Detectives are the first in the stack to make entry (i.e. detectives precede SWAT)

Crime techs boss around detectives, interview suspects, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Barney Miller was often called the most realistic cop show ever.
Adam 12 is a close second.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching Kenda last night. Someone is firing, what I presume to be a semi-auto as the casings are ejecting and hitting the floor. Problem is the casings are revolver casings.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Whenever you encounter a really goopy crime scene the first thing you should do is stick your bare finger in the goop to determine what it is.

Bonus points for taste testing.

Not to worry if this fails, even the smallest trace of evidence can be quickly rendered into a full body description of the subject in 3D hologram format once you get it back to the lab.

Posts: 7497 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Watching Kenda last night. Someone is firing, what I presume to be a semi-auto as the casings are ejecting and hitting the floor. Problem is the casings are revolver casings.

maybe they were shooting a Smith & Wesson 52, or a 1911 in 38Spl?

never know when a bullseye shooter may go rogue Big Grin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10464 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post