SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OMG I'm going to get married again. Propose on Valentine's Day or too cliche?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OMG I'm going to get married again. Propose on Valentine's Day or too cliche? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECapfjJLig

Just be absolutely sure of her response, though. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the pond at Barrett Park in Leominster frozen? Is it that busy in the evening? If it’s as I imagine, should be a reasonable guess that an out of the way spot could be found. Friends skate up later, warm drinks are had.

That’s just from googling around your location. But, I think skating with someone is a delight and I liked the ending of Serendipity (and have the hots for Kate Beckinsale). Maybe a different idea is born.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
My first proposal was at a beach in NC. Last one was at the Potomac River near Great Falls, VA. Accepted both times, but the second woman still lives in my house. She is a great wife (#2) and always asks me to keep her updated on SigForum.......

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
this past saturday (18th) at the finish line for a marathon race as the cameras filmed a woman runner was met at the finish line with her boyfriend down on one knee holding up a ring box... she said YES.... something they will always remember and can talk about....... drill sgt.

Posts: 2010 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Great ideas. We are a bit older (50 and 54) so we won’t be running any marathons and we don’t skate. I do have an idea now. We live ona small mountain here. There is a nice little road to the summit that overlooks our area. If I find a mild day it would be a great quiet place with an awesome view.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No suggestions, just best wishes, man. Big Grin

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nt sure if lame or clever but with wife 1 I told her “Let’s go to Lullwater ( our fave little casual cafe), I need to talk to you..
She said later she was half convinced we were going to break up...

Anyway, we got there, sat down and she said “ok what do we need to talk about”

I said “Well let’s start with this and whipped out a ring box”.

Tears of joy ensued. But we were both crazy :-)
I like the unconventional. Atraditional is rarely lame in my book.

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I would do it right in the Office of the JOP, get hitched, pay the small fee, run off to your local gun shop and buy each other some new Sigs.. Big Grin. Now its range time. Tell her" I love you baby".

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Going against the tide, I guess. I don’t see anything wrong with proposing on Valentines Day. That’s all it will be is the day you proposed. I do agree that a restaurant is not ideal, but a private proposal sounds nice. Congrats

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My Anniversary is on Valentines Day.
Not getting a dinner reservation is not an option. Frown

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I did it on vd its cool why not?

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Don't get married again.

Instead, get a hamster or a Pet Rock. At least with the hamster if pick one that has a shitty personality they all die within 2 years anyway so you can get another one.

The hell, guy. Way to be positive.

quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Congrats!

I wouldn't do it on VD unless you're 100% sure that's her dream scenario. I'd skip the restaurant proposal too. Find a time and place that's about the two of you.

I would agree that VD is garbage. A weekend getaway somewhere? Skiing? A hotel and dinner/show in Boston? https://www.marliave.com/

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Surprise her the day before.

Posts: 3662 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not on Valentine’s Day. Maybe opening day at Fenway instead Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My dad's getting married again this Feb 15th. They decided NOT to make Valentines Day their anniversary date. I can totally see why with a wedding anniversary, but I don't see as much of an issue being Cliche and proposing on that day, unless she has strong opinions on what V-day is supposed to be?

I proposed to my wife on her birthday, and she loved it, if that helps at all.

Bottom line: I dunno, but Congratulations!! and best wishes to you both!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is a cheesy sappy Valentines Day type proposal something she’d appreciate? If she would then I say go for it.

All you guys knocking the idea don’t seem to understand this isn’t about you, it’s for the wife to be.

My wife would be thrilled at a VD proposal, but I wasn’t ready at the time but she loved what I did for her.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

Some of you know the crazy story of how I met my new significant other and how I totally thought she was a crazy person after our first "date".

I vaguely remember some story...maybe you could regale us with the story again?

Never mind!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcereuss,

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I agree with bobtheelf... how bout the day before at that bar you frequent, with friends showing up after (or in the wings)? Then you can have VDay with no pressure Wink. I say this because you mentioned she is a social creature.
I’m assuming you’re confident of her answer, if you’re not sure, then I’d stick to the private moment out of the spotlight, and meet up w the friends after for drinks.
Congrats!!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Like others have said keeping HER in mind will lead you to the best choice.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post