SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OMG I'm going to get married again. Propose on Valentine's Day or too cliche?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OMG I'm going to get married again. Propose on Valentine's Day or too cliche? Login/Join 
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Great ideas. We are a bit older (50 and 54) so we won’t be running any marathons and we don’t skate. I do have an idea now. We live ona small mountain here. There is a nice little road to the summit that overlooks our area. If I find a mild day it would be a great quiet place with an awesome view.

I was going to suggest the MT Wachusett summit followed by a dinner at Gibbett Hill Grill?

Posts: 2077 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why wait ? seize the day

i also vote for a nice private moment / location

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I proposed to shirl123, 7 years ago today.

quote:
Propose on Valentine's Day or too cliche?

Are you catholic?

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Great ideas. We are a bit older (50 and 54) so we won’t be running any marathons and we don’t skate. I do have an idea now. We live ona small mountain here. There is a nice little road to the summit that overlooks our area. If I find a mild day it would be a great quiet place with an awesome view.

I was going to suggest the MT Wachusett summit followed by a dinner at Gibbett Hill Grill?

Interesting. Because our Valentines dinner is at Forge and Vine. This is a fairly new place right near Gibbit Hill and it’s our favorite right now. We like it more than Gibbit.

Now I’m considering Valentines Day again. Here me out. We don’t have strong feelings on this day either way. We planned dinner just because we like to go out and we needed to plan ahead. But we do small nice things like a card but say no gifts. Last year I got her a small pendant necklace anyhow.

Our dinner is late. 8 pm. So I was thinking I tell her I’d like to go up to the mountain summit to see the view in winter. I propose up there and then we go to dinner. Biggest reason for Valentine’s Day is the timing is conducive to all of this. Otherwise if I get the ring a week earlier I can try similar.

ETA. Mountain summit is out. It’s closed at night and winter. Time for a new plan.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Looked into a Bruins game we are going to but they won't do Jumbotron proposals.

A friend came up with an idea. I have a friend that does these Gun Grams. I did a Slayer Gun Gram with him as I'm known as Slayer Guy by my friends.

Anyhow, the idea is that we do a fake gun gram, where it looks like we are doing the gun gram but he stops playing the trumpet and I state my proposal. I can show this to Sherri as if it's a new Gun Gram I did with Charlie. Then she will see the proposal. The where and when won't really matter.

For an idea on what the gun gram is here is a link. Don't make fun of me for my shock at each shot I take. Hard to use little ear plugs, hear the music and try to shoot at the right time. A lot of editing in this...

(ETA: I just spoke to Charlie and he is in on my plan. He is at SHOT currently with a media pass. He will be back Saturday and we will video the proposal the following Saturday. Oh and I guess you guys will get to see it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B3pRsp8Jhg&t=5s

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I took my wife to Zurich Switzerland for the New Years fireworks in 2006 and proposed at midnight. Would have been bad she said no. Thankfully she didn’t. Spent a week traveling Switzerland by Swissrail exploring cities, the Alps, and countrysides. Best trip we ever took.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I remember that thread, and thought YOU were crazy, but it all worked out for the best. I proposed in my car after we looked at rings, she had no idea, but it was the night of March 31st, and none of her friends would believe her on April 1st that we got engaged,

Posts: 1505 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
10X: Switzerland may be out of my budget. Big Grin

Nuclear: That is hilarious. If I could wait that long I’d do the April fools also.

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
Did I miss the original story?

What’s OMG about it?

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yes, you missed the original story. Some of us we're worried frayed was going to be found in a bath tub full of ice missing his kidneys. There was much lamenting that dating in your 40s is terrible and women are crazy. Much advise was given, like date 20 years younger to avoid the crazy. It was a semi-epic thread.

I think Valentine's Day is a no go. I'd wait until Spring and ask while you were doing some normal, regular outdoor activity you both enjoy together. Of course, if you both like snow skiing, you wouldn't have to wait.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Yes, you missed the original story. Some of us we're worried frayed was going to be found in a bath tub full of ice missing his kidneys. There was much lamenting that dating in your 40s is terrible and women are crazy. Much advise was given, like date 20 years younger to avoid the crazy. It was a semi-epic thread.

I think Valentine's Day is a no go. I'd wait until Spring and ask while you were doing some normal, regular outdoor activity you both enjoy together. Of course, if you both like snow skiing, you wouldn't have to wait.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I agree don’t do it on V-day.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
V Day is out. I am definitely filming a fake Gun Gram with Charlie and it will have me proposing on the video. I will show it to her and pull out the ring as she watches. The where and when are being coordinated now with her best friend.

These go to eleven.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
First off let me say congratulations!

I will quote what a good friend said to me when he heard I was getting married again.

"I just don't understand you, why don't you just save up all your spare money for ten years, find some woman you just can't stand, and buy her a fucking house!"

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
First off let me say congratulations!

I will quote what a good friend said to me when he heard I was getting married again.

"I just don't understand you, why don't you just save up all your spare money for ten years, find some woman you just can't stand, and buy her a fucking house!"

Haha. Very true for my first marriage. But this time around I don’t stand to lose financially. In addition to that she is happy when I buy myself a new gun. She got me steel targets for Christmas and I set them up on our property which is big enough for me to shoot legally. Oh and we bought an atv for me to get to my little range. She is a keeper Not because of the stuff but because she deems my happiness to be that important.

These go to eleven.