SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for Billy Ray Cyrus
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Billy Ray Cyrus Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
With a net worth estimated at 220 million between them in 2017 wouldn't most sane people be content to live out a happy life, out of the lime light, while maybe doing some serious good for mankind friends and family?...

Dopamine (and cocain probably) is a hell of a drug.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
The article misspelled slutty, they put sultry.

Posts: 3457 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is a sad little thing, isn’t she? We have progressed past the point where I would be disgusted by her antics and now I just pity her. Just think, one day she will have to explain her behavior to some young child and I sure wouldn’t want to have that conversation.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Can she actually, you know, sing? Can't say as I've ever heard anything by her.

Point being: If she can sing she could've leveraged her Hanna Montana gig into a respectable C&W career, probably.

Instead, she went low. Very, very low.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one comment below the story/photo: "A hermit crab just found a new home". LOL

Posts: 1924 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Billy Ray Cyrus is probably the one who took the photos.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Point being: If she can sing she could've leveraged her Hanna Montana gig into a respectable C&W career, probably.

Yes, she can sing. She is pretty damn good. I don't care for her pop music, but she does country tunes every once in a while, and she knocks them out of the park.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, Auto-Tune is a miracle of the modern age.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I see one hell of a train wreck coming.

"All aboard, track 27..."

Damn I hope not. She's a skank and all but I wish that particular train had never been made. It's taken more than its share.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I didn't know she's queer. Hm. Oh well.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked she's still actually alive. Eek

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Yes, she can sing. She is pretty damn good. I don't care for her pop music, but she does country tunes every once in a while, and she knocks them out of the park.

She can sing. It's a shame that she's wasting her talent when she could have gone a very different direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I think she would be a crazy kinda fun girl for about an hour.
Her Mom for 2 hours.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Huh, says she's queer- I agree.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She's super freaky.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Oh yeah.

Sorry to burst people's bubbles, but AutoTune is used far more than one realizes.

I read an interview with a top record producer a couple of years ago and he says it is far easier to count the number of chick singers who don't use AutoTune than those who do. He named only two, who to his knowledge, did not use the process.

Pitch perfect singing does not impress me anyways; technically great singers are a dime a dozen, reality show have proven that. My favorite compelling vocalists pretty much do not have perfect voices. But they bring far more to the table than an AutoTuned voice, skinny whorish costumes, and slutty behavior. Which pretty much defines today's pop music scene.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Truly he should have just paid the extra $5 to have her swallowed, but as unfortunate as it is for us, she is his little cash whore....soooooo

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

She can sing. It's a shame that she's wasting her talent when she could have gone a very different direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="394" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wOwblaKmyVw" width="700"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

When you work in the music and recording biz as long as I have, you learn to detect the myriad of effects that are present in that recording of Jolene. Auto tune is but just one of them.

Here in the Bay Area, we only have one station left that plays Rock & Roll. The morning DJs will play single tracks of yesterday's singers, and contrast them with today's. Just last week, they played a solo track of Anne Wilson singing Barracuda. These solo tracks are bare - no effects added whatsoever. Anne was truly talented beyond belief! Then, for contrast, they played a solo track of Mariah Carey. OMG - without compression, auto tune, pitch enrichment, reverb, chorus and doubling, it was truly sad. I'd be interested in hearing that track of "Miley" singing Jolene bare bones - without any effects whatsoever.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
The only thing impressive about the Jolene video, as has been said, is the high quality post production.

She can sing pretty decently *without* auto tune, as alleged in this video:

I still think she’s a mess, though.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post