SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Irma - everyone has gone nuts
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irma - everyone has gone nuts Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I just thought about something.

IRMA GERD!!! A HURRURRCANE!!!

Please stay safe out there. My idiot nephew in law is running down to Apalachicola right now to retrieve his big fishing boat and RV camper.

Unfortunately he has dragged my Niece along to drive one of the trucks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I sincerely hope we don't see a decap on live tv.

Ron white classic

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
** BREAKING NEWS **

Jim Cantore, on the Weather Channel, just announced he's seen his first fallen palm frond.

He had someone off camera cut it off and toss it into view.

I saw a news crew in action once, and heard someone yell "CUT". That's how they fool you.

Lee County Emergency Management had to release this statement. From what I've read it was Jim Cantore that made a comment on a camera that is causing trouble. People inside now think the place is unsafe. What a d-bag.

Inaccuracies reported by a national media outlet are leading to some unrest in one of our shelters.
The outlet falsely reported that Germain Arena is not a safe shelter to be in.
Germain Arena is a hardened building that is structurally sound................

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16402 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
quote:
** BREAKING NEWS **

Jim Cantore, on the Weather Channel, just announced he's seen his first fallen palm frond.

I saw a news crew in action once, and heard someone yell "CUT". That's how they fool you.

Lee County Emergency Management had to release this statement. From what I've read it was Jim Cantore that made a comment on a camera that is causing trouble. People inside now think the place is unsafe. What a d-bag.

Inaccuracies reported by a national media outlet are leading to some unrest in one of our shelters.

Typical media...always stirring shit up

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Downey said he feared that the storm could knock out the Overseas Highway, which would hamper rescue efforts.

I wondered about that. Watching Irma approach as a Cat 5, earlier, looking at those long, low bridges: I wondered just how much hurricane abuse they could take.

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I think "Irmagerd" has already been done. A couple times.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Typical media...always stirring shit up

FUD = panic. Panic = viewers. Viewers = advert revenue.

There is this local on-air field personality (can't really call them "reporters" with a straight face) that's now on Detroit channel 7 entertainment-billed-as-"news". This is "news"? (She used to be on the local Fox affiliate.)

I don't think so. Entertainment is what it is. Low-brow entertainment, to boot.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I think "Irmagerd" has already been done. A couple times.

More like a couple of hundred times.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
quote:
** BREAKING NEWS **

Jim Cantore is a grade a douche nozzle. He and his crew stayed in one of our Hotels (Company I used to work for) during Ivan and was on the air standing in the parking lot with the hotel in the background, saying that the hotel was about to collapse with all the people inside.

I and my family were going to stay in the hotel (so I could be on-site for data center recovery if required), but we changed plans and went to Lake City in order to take animals.) and he and his crew got our room.

There was roof damage and some water intrusion, but not much, and he "demanded" they be given another room, even if it meant sending other people out of the hotel to do so. (in the middle of landfall).

The owner (my boss) told him he could leave if anytime he wanted, if he was not happy. He stayed.

He is a self centered, egotistical prick. If he "dies doing what he loves", I'll hoist a glass in honor of good riddance to bad garbage.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^Well thank God Virginia's moronic governor declared a state of emergency. It's obviously heading straight for them. They might see some showers!

Roll Eyes

That just means his cocaine supply from Florida has been disrupted.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Irma still heading North, but speed is up to 12 mph

looks like it is just south of Naples (guessing 20 miles south)

Miami City Manager Daniel Alfonso says a second tower crane has collapsed into a building under construction in the city’s downtown area. Alfonso told The Associated Press that the crane collapsed in a large development with multiple towers being built by Grand Paraiso.

Another crane collapsed earlier Sunday onto a high-rise building that’s under construction in a bayfront area filled with hotels and high-rise condo and office buildings, near AmericanAirlines Arena. No injuries have been reported.

High winds are impeding Miami authorities’ ability to reach the cranes, and authorities are urging people to avoid the areas.

Alfonso says the approximately two-dozen other cranes in the city are still upright and built to withstand significant wind gusts.

Moving the massive equipment, weighing up to 30,000 pounds (13,600 kilograms), is a slow process that would have taken about two weeks

Forecasters are issuing urgent warnings to residents of Marco Island and Naples, Florida, that receding water is going to return with a potentially deadly vengeance.

As Hurricane Irma skirts within 8 miles (13 kilometers) of Marco Island, the U.S. Hurricane Center has sent out an urgent alert telling residents to “MOVE AWAY FROM THE WATER!”

The center is warning of a “life-threatening storm surge inundation of 10 to 15 feet (3 to 5 meters) above ground level.”

Irma’s eye may move over Marco Island or with a wobble just miss, but that’s not really the point, said hurricane center spokesman Dennis Feltgen. The eye or track line are distractions with such a powerful and giant storm. The impacts of this huge storm surge are what matter.

Because the leading wind bands of Irma whipped the coastal water more out to sea, the waters retracted, but once the eye passes and the wind reverses “the water comes rushing in, kind of like a tsunami,” said Jeff Masters, meteorology director for the private service Weather Underground.

Water levels will rise about 8 feet in an hour going from negative to positive, Masters said.

https://apnews.com/fe1652ad9c4...127,000-as-Irma-hits

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

that's too good not to turn into a meme.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Landfall on Penisula at Marcos Island anytime now.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Very strong winds, heavy rain, 9+ foot storm surge, significant damage expected as the storm tracks up the west coast, unsure of where it will track into the SE states.

I think I've summarized everything in the Weather Channel Continuing coverage

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they demonstrate that batting helmets don't protect you from stupidity.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Some of the videos from South Beach and Brickel are impressive.

Rain is picking up here in Orlando.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
Im becoming concerned with the storm going on here now. My yard is fully saturated and holding more water than Ive seen it hold, and Irma's not even close yet. Im tempted to gear up and walk a couple blocks to see how the banks of the St Johns River look.

Posts: 743 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
^^^Well thank God Virginia's moronic governor declared a state of emergency. It's obviously heading straight for them. They might see some showers!

Roll Eyes

That just means his cocaine supply from Florida has been disrupted.

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
While it is amusing, Im getting tried of watching these a-holes standing in the weather.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Mike on the The Weather Channel is entertaining, but I'm missing out on a nice day outside. I'll just record this whimsical drama and watch the conclusion tonight.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes

He's truly an idiot.

He already declared the STATE OF EMERGENCY Razz

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post