SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    rewatching series or movies,
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rewatching series or movies, Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There are countless films that I've seen on multiple occasions, but the list of films that I purposely rewatch on a semi-regular basis includes:
-Black Hawk Down
-Saving Private Ryan
-The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Editions, of course)
-Gladiator
-Aliens
-Fury

As for TV series, I've seen Band of Brothers probably 12+ times, all the way through. I've watched The Pacific 4-5 times, Firefly around 3-4 times, and there are several other TV shows that I've watched all the way through at least twice, including The Night Manager, Sherlock, the Battlestar Galactica reboot, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager.

I'd like to rewatch Justified, but it's not on any streaming service that I currently have.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've rewatched Jesse Stone several times over the years. Also The Witcher on Netflix, I seem to catch more that I missed in that series each time I view. Will watch again as there is a new season coming later this year. I read the Witcher books and each video season is picking up more of the story. Like the books, the timeline jumps back and forth a lot.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just re-watched the first 15 seasons NCIS over a few weeks.

Can't find a place to stream the rest.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tombstone. I’ve watched it dozens of times. My favorite movie.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I do that all the time as my son gets older. Most recently Justified, Breaking Bad and Reacher.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Warehouse 13 on Freevee. Boy, those guys travel around the planet quick Roll Eyes

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I enjoy rewatching movies and series. I all most always pick up things missed previously.

Just a few...
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
No Country for Old men
Pulp Fiction
Deadwood
Mad Men

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Series are harder for us to do due to the time commitment. Movies, yes.

quote:
Tombstone. I’ve watched it dozens of times. My favorite movie.

My kids hate that I can quote this, but still enjoy the story. Same with The Godfather.

My position is almost every single situation in life can be addressed or summarized with a quote from either Tombstone or The Godfather.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Breaking bad
Ted Lasso

Always!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
A few movies, most notably Pulp Fiction, U-571, Die Hard, and, of course, Groundhog Day (over and over and over).

The only TV series I recall watching in binge mode is WKRP, still hilarious, many of the episodes wouldn't be allowed to air today, and not because they contained the word "booger" Smile.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
I rewatch movies quite a bit. To name a few:

Terminator
Once Upon a Time in the West
Gladiator
Godfather 1 and 2
Roadhouse
Any Bond movie
Any Avenger or Captain America movie
Cold Mountain
Jeremiah Johnson
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Josie Wales

I’m sure there are others, but I can’t think of them now.

Posts: 255 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I just recently completed watching all 19 seasons of NCIS.
I have to admit I didn't remember much or anything of the plots of the first 15 or so seasons.
That was kind of nice as it seemed "fresh".
Except for a blip now and there like when Catelyn got shot between the eyes.
But remembered the characters quite well and it was nice not to have any commercials - Paramount Plus.
The last few seasons it was more familiar.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I enjoy rewatching movies and series. I all most always pick up things missed previously.

That's my motivation for watching it again.

Shawshank Redemption
Napoleon Dynamite
Hunt for Red October
Chernobyl

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
All the time, we have an extensive DVD movie and series collection. Currently re-watching Taken (tv series). A while back we rewatched Firefly. Going to watch Condor after Taken.

Only have an OTA antenna and use free streaming services (Tubi, Crackle, Freevee, etc...) so almost 90% of our viewing is rewatching older shows/movies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Firefly / Serenity

This plus:
Braveheart
How I Met Your Mother
The Office.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Rambo(s)
Star Wars
Mythbusters
Harry Potter
Cream 2005 Albert Hall
Combat
Back to the Future
Bourne ID movies

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Currently re-watching Seinfeld and Farscape right now..

If there are any Farscape fans it's at YT right now on 4K...

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Silverado
The Apostle
Bull Durham
Ride the High Country
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Ive rewatched Stargate SG-1, and Babylon 5. My wife is wanting me to go through Blue Bloods with her. She has watched from the beginning but me not so much.

Just for kicks, we also went back through Downton Abbey before the most recent movie came out.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Watching a Movie and we say to each other, we've seen this before and usually watch it again. Seniors !!

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post