SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    rewatching series or movies,
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rewatching series or movies, Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
Watching a Movie and we say to each other, we've seen this before and usually watch it again. Seniors !!

NEVER!
"Watching a Movie and we say to each other, we've seen this before"

We immediately kill it and find something else to watch.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
I would very much like to rewatch the original Magnum P.I. and Miami Vice. Does anyone know how I can get the entire series of each.

You can get the old episodes of Magnum PI on a streaming service called "freevee" - freevee is also free. There are a few commercials but not too bad - none of this "5 min of commercial then 7 min of the show" crap. Ive only watched the first couple of episodes of season 1, but the picture/sound quality is OK. Maybe the commercials will increase after a while once they know you are "hooked".

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Not very often. But I have rewatched "The Sopranos."

In movies; "Oh Brother Where Art Thou," "The Outlaw Josey Wales," and "Dr. Strangelove."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
https://www1.freemoviesfull.com/

This link is free and what I've watched is commercial free

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I threw in the towel as far as TV entertainment goes. The total crap that "Hollywood" puts out now is unbearable.
The thought of those responsible for putting out this garbage, getting residuals when I view it, is too much.
I severely critique anything that Netflix puts out and anything made after 2019 will probably never get watched by me.
I get by with watching old series that I have already seen.
Sopranos, The Wire, Justified, Dexter, Banshee, Homeland, Deadwood, Bosch, the Americans is next in the que.
When I need to remind myself what a great movie is like I look for Saving Private Ryan or a similar classic.

It saddens me that young people today don't seem to demand any sort of quality in what they watch or listen to.
Mediocre at best, is whats put out today and is found acceptable by the viewing and listening public, not me.

I'm surprised when I watch the older series as to how woke some of them where at the time they wrote the stories. Somehow this does not bother me like it does with the new woke garbage, maybe because at the time they were not trying to force it down my throat.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I threw in the towel as far as TV entertainment goes. The total crap that "Hollywood" puts out now is unbearable.
The thought of those responsible for putting out this garbage, getting residuals when I view it, is too much.
I severely critique anything that Netflix puts out and anything made after 2019 will probably never get watched by me.
I get by with watching old series that I have already seen.
Sopranos, The Wire, Justified, Dexter, Banshee, Homeland, Deadwood, Bosch, the Americans is next in the que.
When I need to remind myself what a great movie is like I look for Saving Private Ryan or a similar classic.

It saddens me that young people today don't seem to demand any sort of quality in what they watch or listen to.
Mediocre at best, is whats put out today and is found acceptable by the viewing and listening public, not me.

I'm surprised when I watch the older series as to how woke some of them where at the time they wrote the stories. Somehow this does not bother me like it does with the new woke garbage, maybe because at the time they were not trying to force it down my throat.

Give Fauda a watch.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just the past few days I’ve been watching early episodes of The Rifleman tv series. That was a good show, and I’ve already seen a young Dennis Hopper and Michael Landon.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely watch anything new programming wise. Consistently watching reruns of older series and movies.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Sopranos, Rome, Band of Brothers, Friday Night Lights, The Wire, The League, Breaking Bad amongst others I periodically rewatch.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Add Master and Commander to this list.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Justified, six times I think, before they made it not free.

Better Call Saul, a few times, most recently to watch the whole BCS/Breaking Bad think in its entirety.

Breaking Bad, on my nth rewatch.

Bosch, two or three times, but I refuse to watch the latest on that channel with ads.

Deadwood, at least 3 times.

I do not watch much network TV, never have.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
All the time.
Every year I used to re-read the Harry Potter series right before the new one came out so I’d be refreshed.

I used to read Heinlein “Stranger in a Strange Land” every year (alternating with another book of his- Job: comedy of justice).
Right now I’m reading “The Passage” by Justin Cronin again because this new series “The Last of Us” reminds me a bit of it.
Every Thanksgiving my husband and I used to watch “Lord of the Rings” around Thanksgiving.

I watched the Firefly series over and over again while I was doing my masters program studying for exams. Watched “Breaking Bad” at least 2-3 times while writing my thesis.

The last notable series I’ve rewatched is the Game of Thrones. Read the books at least twice from beginning to end. I rewatched that a few different times, and still pull up fav episodes when I can’t find anything I enjoy on.
There are others, these just stand out.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I do not watch much network TV, never have.

I do not watch ANY network TV.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I just rewatched Repo Man for the first time in decades. Now The Plugz' Reel 10 is stuck in my head. RIP Harry Dean Stanton.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I love Bluebloods. Last year we rewatched the series. I just recently rewatched 3 Jessie Stone movies.
Clint Eastwood and John Wayne westerns many times, and for some reason, Crocodile Dundee ! He makes me laugh! Not the wife so much

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh ya, The Equilizer, 1 & 2! Denzel Washington nailed them!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
All the time.
Every year I used to re-read the Harry Potter series right before the new one came out so I’d be refreshed.

I used to read Heinlein “Stranger in a Strange Land” every year (alternating with another book of his- Job: comedy of justice).
Right now I’m reading “The Passage” by Justin Cronin again because this new series “The Last of Us” reminds me a bit of it.
Every Thanksgiving my husband and I used to watch “Lord of the Rings” around Thanksgiving.

I watched the Firefly series over and over again while I was doing my masters program studying for exams. Watched “Breaking Bad” at least 2-3 times while writing my thesis.

The last notable series I’ve rewatched is the Game of Thrones. Read the books at least twice from beginning to end. I rewatched that a few different times, and still pull up fav episodes when I can’t find anything I enjoy on.
There are others, these just stand out.

we are replacing carpet in our upstairs with hardwood soon, (had a water leak that flooded the carpet anyway,, ) and one of the rooms has my book 'collection' in it

most of the SciFi I have read since high school,

I'm going to sell off a pile of it, stuff I will never read again, but almost all of the works by Niven I will keep and all my Heinlein,

I have read Stranger in a Strangeland a few times, (as well as Foundation, and Dune) and am about due to reread it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are recovering from GI flu, feeling crummy. Today was the perfect day to start rewatching Firefly.

Can't think of other series I've rewatched except Band of Brothers. Oh, and SCTV.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of good ones already mentioned, two that I haven't seen posted, and I feel are VERY underrated:

Rome
Black Sails

If you've not been able to watch either of them, highly recommended; very good bad weather/cabin bound binge programs. Rome has developed a cult following after HBO cancelled it after only 2-seasons. Black Sails, is arguably the most articulate live-action entertainment of the Golden Age of piracy.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Lots of good ones already mentioned, two that I haven't seen posted, and I feel are VERY underrated:

Rome
Black Sails

If you've not been able to watch either of them, highly recommended; very good bad weather/cabin bound binge programs. Rome has developed a cult following after HBO cancelled it after only 2-seasons. Black Sails, is arguably the most articulate live-action entertainment of the Golden Age of piracy.

Tried watching Rome, I just couldn’t get into it. Ill try again. Is Black Sails on HBO as well? Haven’t heard of that, but sounds like something I’d enjoy.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post