SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lamborghini revives the Countach
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lamborghini revives the Countach Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I'll probably see one soon on "The Avenue" in Delray Beach.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... and brimming with all sorts of techie doodads, nanny monitoring, and kilometers of wiring.

Not for me.

This is 1985 for sale in Aus ... and likely could be had for $500kAUD

... and as jhe wrote, it has an ashtray.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Nice, but so totally irrelevant to my life as to to be meaningless.

Right now, the world seems to be filling up with multi-million dollar and pound and euro cars that make great posters, but mainly fill the garages of impressively-wealthy people who might as well be Martians for all their connectivity with us mere mortals. Even the UK's Mr Bean - Rowan Atkinson - has recently been in the news for buying some kind of car for $12.5 Million...

Unreal, at least to me.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

This is 1985 for sale in Aus and likely could be had for $500kAUD . . . and as jhe wrote, it has an ashtray.
How many cup holders?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
The C8 Z51 is all of 0.1 seconds slower 0-60, and it’s top speed is 4 mph slower. For about $2.4M less.

But I get the attraction of a Lamborghini.

Really it is about letting others know how much money you have - bragging rights. People that have 2.5 million to spend on one of these are not worried about how it stacks up against a measly GM product. They want to be looked at, to brag to their friends. And as long as there are people willing to spend outrageous money on a car, they will keep creating them. There is no way that car is 2.4 million better than the Vette but people can think what they want.

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

... and as jhe wrote, it has an ashtray.

</chris>

But it’s also like meeting your childhood hero and finding out they’re a pedophile.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I got to drive one (very briefly) back in '87.

While living in WA a good friend and client of mine 'repo-ed' a Countach. The Lambo was owned by a Saudi Prince who gave it to his 19 y.o. son while a student at U of W. The kid was a playboy that was flunking out and dad payed my friend to take and store the car in his auto repair shop. I get a call to come down and help move a bunch of customer's cars around his facility. Well I drove it around a Huge commercial/industrial parking lot and even took a couple of ladies for a ride. Never got out of 2nd as I didn't want to have to pay to fix $$$omething.

- Friend took the stupid 'Miami Vice" pic.

Posts: 4027 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Also, the C8 is a cool 2.5M (est) cheaper than the new Countach.

Yeah, and you can spend $25 for a Lorcine or High Point instead of $800-1200 for a SIG, or $500 for a Glock. . .

As stated, a Corvette isn't anywhere NEAR the same level as this car.

I like it. I've always had a lust for the Lambos. . .

Meant to quote the Corvette comment above mine.
Yes, the C8 is a bargain, but not even close to a comparison to a limited run Italian Supercar.

The C8 is every bit as equal in performance.

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post