SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eggs AREN’T bad for your heart!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eggs AREN’T bad for your heart! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Don't pay attention to these "studies" even if they say what you want to hear. They aren't studies in a scientific sense, they are worthless.

I don't pay attention to MD's nutrition advice either, they don't really have any nutrition training and just repeat whatever is the prevailing wisdom at the time...which is behind the power curve.

Eat as many eggs as you want (ideally cage free, better Omega3/Omega6 ratio), cook them in a healthy fat like coconut or avocado oil. Skipping carbs for breakfast is a great idea, a hit of blood sugar and insulin first thing in the am not so much.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
that's what Dr. Atkins has been saying since 1972, while in 1977 the government mantra turned to low fat (which directly translates to high carb, high sugar, high processed grains) and low cholesterol eating - which are both wrong and never substantiated by science. eating cholesterol does not raise your cholesterol. if you don't eat enough your body (brain) needs it so much it will make it. if you eat it your body does not make as much.

gov low fat created some nice poisons that we still live with - seed oils / aka vegetable oils: canola, soybean, sunflower, cotton seed, corn, grapeseed, safflower, and margarine / aka trans fats.

cholesterol lowering drugs will mess up your brain. another government / corporate money making scheme.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

That absolutely needs to be a sig line, sir!!!

Big Grin

Smile

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

It would seem boiling them would be the best method then. I guess??

I like to poach them if I have time. Otherwise, microwaved. (Use a special dish made for this.) Two large take roughly a minute.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I use 2 regular whole eggs, then I add some Egg Beaters brand Southwest style in a volume to be about 2 more egg size.

Cuts some calories and gives me a nice taste.

Posts: 11855 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anytime someone tries to tell you anything like slimatebchange is 'settled science', just point to the fact that science can't even settle on something as simple as whether or not eggs are healthy.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Two poached every morning (been using one of those steamer hard boiling gizmos of late... works well) on a single slice of toast along with some meat (bacon, sausage, ham, etc.). Large mug of coffee to wash it down. Works for me. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Before you know it, they'll tell us smoking isn't bad for you either.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Two poached every morning (been using one of those steamer hard boiling gizmos of late... works well) on a single slice of toast along with some meat (bacon, sausage, ham, etc.). Large mug of coffee to wash it down. Works for me. Smile

That sounds juuuuuussssstttt right, my friend.

I might even be inclined to acquiesce to a modicum of sauce Hollandaise Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
That sounds juuuuuussssstttt right, my friend.

I might even be inclined to acquiesce to a modicum of sauce Hollandaise Big Grin

LOL Frank, that early in the morning it is enough of a challenge to make what I listed while keeping my eyes open. Whipping up some Hollandaise I fear would only end up in a mini-disaster! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Two baked eggs most days. Eggs frittatatized with veggies the other days.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Incredible Edible Egg is once again HEALTHY and, lard is better than vegetable oils.

https://www.express.co.uk/life...-coconut-lard-butter

Win, win!

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15901 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fry 'em up in olive oil pan spray in a ceramic lined skillet, 4 slices of bacon, and a little cheese. Eggs actually help improve glucose control in some type II diabetics.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Week days - two fried eggs over easy ... with half an advocado.

Weekends - add bacon.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a kidney failure patient on dialysis for over 5 years, they think my kidney failure was due to taking 800 mg of ibuprofen twice a day for my arthritis, it caused my blood pressure to spike and blew my kidneys. One thing that they really push is to get a bunch of protein in your diet so I eat 3 or 4 scrambled eggs cooked in butter with a piece of bacon and a patty of sausage every morning. I am almost 70 and my cardiologist says my heart is in fantastic shape as good as any 30 or 40 year old.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, I’ve got a weak stomach. erj’s gif gave me dry heaves. I knew I shouldn’t have looked at it.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Are beans really good for the heart?

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
]
Everything is OK in moderation! Wink

Oh but years ago we had a guy here in town that was promoting the evils of alcohol... he had billboards that had a great line on them... not that I agreed just thought it was a good line:

"Monderation: Satan's Big Lie!"

Oh and keep in mind all the government nutrition recommendations were made up by a committee comprised of the different food suppliers...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

Two baked eggs most days.
I have never had a baked egg. What is your recipe?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30697 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Does the bacon I have with my eggs affect this. Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post