SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fitness, weight loss, dieting
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fitness, weight loss, dieting Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Lastly: Diet is king.
All the exercise in the world can't beat a bad diet.

^^^ this is key, not cal-counting or starvation.

I would highly recommend looking at a diet that deals primarily with carbs.
Believe me, once the light goes on and you understand it becomes an almost cult-like phenomena.
The reason being that you finally understand...
Carnivore and Keto seem extreme to many but take the time and consider what is right for you, and I say that it may not be exactly right for everyone but maybe most everyone regardless of metabolic type or at least a variation that fits you.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made my first weight loss goal thursday.
100 pound weight loss in five days short of a year.

If I can lose three pounds a month for the next year , I will be elated.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bendable, that’s fantastic; congratulations! You should be very proud!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, bendable!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
That is impressive Bendable. Keep it up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you my Family doctor was filled with glee,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Working the Peloton, walking, and occasional weights into the game. Wearing a Garmin Fenix 7 pretty much exclusively unless I’m going ‘out’ and throw on the Marathon.

Reviewing the tracking numbers over the past year or so, I am shocked at how much a few beers and a cigar affect my HR, sleep and overall numbers. On the flip side, I am equally surprised at how quickly my resting HR plummets and my sleep improves after a few days of cardio and no beer or cigars; definitely has affected how often (and how much) I do have when I choose to partake in a cigar and bourbon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Started with Spartacus workout a few times a week back early in December late November. Then moved over to Spartacus 2.0 x2-x3 times a week. It's a hell of a workout. Been doing it with a single kettlebell & have worked up to a #45 one. Probably due to move up to the #55.

Scales say I started at about #215 and I'm hanging out around #205 now. But I've got WAY more muscle on me and if I flex I can actually see some ab muscles on top abs & on sides.

So I'm getting there. Plus doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu x4-x5 days a week. But at about x5 years into that. It's not as much of a workout anymore cause I'm just more efficient.

I really should dial in my diet more. Kick the alcohol and carbs. I'd love to get down to a athletic #190 - #195. That'd probably be my ideal "fighting weight". Where I'd be strong and lean at the same time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post