This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2060072444

May 28, 2023, 10:44 AM
smschulz
Fitness, weight loss, dieting
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Lastly: Diet is king.
All the exercise in the world can't beat a bad diet.

^^^ this is key, not cal-counting or starvation.

I would highly recommend looking at a diet that deals primarily with carbs.
Believe me, once the light goes on and you understand it becomes an almost cult-like phenomena.
The reason being that you finally understand...
Carnivore and Keto seem extreme to many but take the time and consider what is right for you, and I say that it may not be exactly right for everyone but maybe most everyone regardless of metabolic type or at least a variation that fits you.

May 28, 2023, 02:44 PM
bendable
Made my first weight loss goal thursday.
100 pound weight loss in five days short of a year.

If I can lose three pounds a month for the next year , I will be elated.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
May 28, 2023, 03:07 PM
Outnumbered
bendable, that’s fantastic; congratulations! You should be very proud!
May 28, 2023, 03:37 PM
ensigmatic
Congratulations, bendable!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
May 28, 2023, 04:03 PM
dave7378
That is impressive Bendable. Keep it up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 29, 2023, 05:04 AM
bendable
Thank you my Family doctor was filled with glee,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
April 15, 2024, 07:25 AM
Ronin1069
Working the Peloton, walking, and occasional weights into the game. Wearing a Garmin Fenix 7 pretty much exclusively unless I’m going ‘out’ and throw on the Marathon.

Reviewing the tracking numbers over the past year or so, I am shocked at how much a few beers and a cigar affect my HR, sleep and overall numbers. On the flip side, I am equally surprised at how quickly my resting HR plummets and my sleep improves after a few days of cardio and no beer or cigars; definitely has affected how often (and how much) I do have when I choose to partake in a cigar and bourbon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
April 15, 2024, 09:14 AM
myrottiety
Started with Spartacus workout a few times a week back early in December late November. Then moved over to Spartacus 2.0 x2-x3 times a week. It's a hell of a workout. Been doing it with a single kettlebell & have worked up to a #45 one. Probably due to move up to the #55.

Scales say I started at about #215 and I'm hanging out around #205 now. But I've got WAY more muscle on me and if I flex I can actually see some ab muscles on top abs & on sides.

So I'm getting there. Plus doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu x4-x5 days a week. But at about x5 years into that. It's not as much of a workout anymore cause I'm just more efficient.

I really should dial in my diet more. Kick the alcohol and carbs. I'd love to get down to a athletic #190 - #195. That'd probably be my ideal "fighting weight". Where I'd be strong and lean at the same time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
May 01, 2024, 08:58 PM
soflaac
I'd typically been pretty slim most of my life, then fell in with a poor group of friends & gained a good bit of weight due to lots of drinking (and poor diet impulse control).

6' / 235# was where I ended up at for years.

Went to a low carb diet 5 years ago + walk 5-6 days a week. Lost 40#, felt good. Got lazy, discipline fell off, and was recruited into a work-from-home position, so back up to 225# for the last few years.

My youngest son, wife & I have been doing the 'Starting Strength' routine for couple months now + walking 4 nights a week. Combine that with watching calories instead of fad dieting (low carb). Down to 212# and more to go. I'm just as happy that the wife is lifting with us along with she and I both losing weight & gaining strength. This routine is going to be much easier to stick with.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave
May 02, 2024, 09:35 AM
myrottiety
Prepping for Memorial day Murph. Weighing in still around 205#.

Yesterday I did 3 miles of rowing, 100 pull ups, 200 pushups, and 300 squats.

I'm fairly wrecked. But not as wrecked as last time I tried it. Stay on the path guys! I actually slipped into some 34" waist jeans last week & wearing some old workout shorts I haven't worn in a LONG time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
May 02, 2024, 12:06 PM
Edmond
I have actually gained weight:

-weight lifting 3 times a week
-Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 3-4 times a week
-kickboxing once a week
-try to get in a long bike ride (12+ miles) once a week

Somehow I need to fit 1-2 sessions of dedicated cardio in there.

May 02, 2024, 12:16 PM
HRK
Congratulations Bendable very impressive, I'm at 70 pounds in just over a year, so right behind you, I did hit the goal for the year to get below a number, now on to the next goal, 50 pounds this year and I'll be close to my College grad weight, without a single day in Protest! Big Grin