SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fitness, weight loss, dieting
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fitness, weight loss, dieting Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Many congrats heaped upon you 911Boss.Amazing job!

Posts: 3457 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Fantastic job, boss!

This year I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I drastically reduced my alcohol intake, eat mostly the same food, just significantly less portions, and committed myself to 5000 steps a day or a 30 minute ride on the peloton.

Six months later I am now down 40 pounds. I can live this lifestyle, my hope is that by the end of the year I am down another 30. Ultimately I want to lose 100 in total.

This is slower than it’s ever been for me in the past,But for the first time I feel like maybe I can actually keep the weight off and make these new routines a lifestyle.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Holdem, sig77, mark60 - thanks for the encouraging words!

Ronin1069 - Sounds like a lot in common between us, Semper Fi and remember pain is just weakness leaving the body Wink

MONTHLY PROGRESS REPORT TIME GENTS!- Good, bad, or stagnant - how did you do in August?

AUGUST PROGRESS

Weight- 239 lbs (Start 344 lb)
(-21 lbs/month, -105 lbs/total)

BMI- 36.3 “Obese” (Start 52.3 “Super-Morbidly Obese”)
(-3.2/month, -16/total)

Body Fat Percentage- 36.4% (Start 48%)
(-2.3%/month, -11.6%/total)

Body Fat- 87 lb (Start 165lb)
(-16 lbs/mo, -78 lbs/total)

Lean Mass- 152 lbs (Start 179lb)
(-5.4 lbs/mo, -27 lbs/total)

Food Calories - 1311/day average (Range of 664-2040/day)

Exercise Calories- 2023/day average (Range of 1263-2601/day)

Walking - 94.3 miles (3.2 mi/day average. Range of 0-5.1 mi/day)

Peloton - 506.5 miles (16.9mi/day average. Range of 6.1-28.6 mi/day)

Now wearing size 40 jeans, a month ago I thought that would be the best I could do. I am now confident I will get to at least a 38 and possibly even a 36.

Shirts- my 2X are now baggy and go nearly to the middle of my thighs. “Short” sleeves go past my elbow. Now wearing “large” after bypassing “XL” completely.

Three more bags of clothes off to the thrift store this month. They didn’t have anything I liked in L, and I really can’t see myself getting to medium so I bought a half dozen inexpensive shirts at Walmart to get me over for now.

At 239 lbs, I have lost almost 31% of my starting weight and have achieved 68% of my goal to lose 154lbs.

I a now the lowest weight I’ve been in at least 30 years and possibly 31 years.

While I am trying not to toot my own horn too much, my wife seems to always find a way to brag on me for loosing over hundred pounds when talking with friends. I have to say I am not used to the attention, but I kind of like it.

What really is getting my attention is little things like being able to comfortably sit at a booth in a restaurant instead of asking for a table, having to adjust car seat, steering wheel, and mirrors due to being physically smaller, and not having the steering wheel brush against me asI get in and out of the car.

My sights are now set on on getting under 200, I know August will be the last month with a 20 lb loss. I had to really bust ass to get there. My plan is to start dialing back on the exercise level in September with a weekly goal of 3-4 lb loss instead of the 4-5 lb/week I have been working for. If I can lose 12-15 lb a month, I should drop below 200 in November sometime, and my 190 target in December.

Staying motivated, working hard.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Who stayed motivated in September?

Since July 16th, 11 weeks, I am down 38 lbs.

Sticking to the meat, fruit and vegetables as staples. The occasional carb here and there, but those are down probably over 90% from the way I used to eat.

When I started this nearly 3 months ago, I questioned whether I could lose 40 lbs. I really was not sure it was possible. And now I am almost there, and still averaging approx. 2 lbs per week. I am looking forward to continuing the journey and seeing where I end up.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I started September at 304, ended at 288.6. So 15.4 lbs, which isn't as great as many of you (lookin' at you, boss and holdem!) but I'm very pleased with the movement off the "x" for the month. I've managed to do it with a 16/8 fasting regimen, no snacks between meals, and sticking to low carb dieting options without being militant. I do avoid anything that just screams obvious sugar like ice cream or bread, though.

Hoping that as I get into the Fall and the temptation months with Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc, that I can stick to my guns and be good.

In April I was 345 lbs. Now I'm at 287.8, so I'm getting there, just need to keep my head and not lose focus.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Congrats holdem and slabsides45! Just keep working, focus on the short term goals and the long term will take care of itself.

I am glad to see your posts, I was afraid I was taking over the thread and chased everyone else away.

MY SEPTEMBER PROGRESS

Weight- 220 lbs (Start 344lb)
(avg -20lb/month, -124 lb/total)

BMI- 32.5 “Obese” (Start 52.3 “Super-Morbidly Obese”)
(avg -3.3/month, -19.8/total)

Body Fat Percentage- 32.5% (Start 48%)
(avg -2.6%/month, -15.5%/total)

Body Fat- 71 lb (Start 165lb)
(avg -16 lb/mo, -94 lb/total)

Lean Mass- 148 lb (Start 179lb)
(avg -5 lb/mo, -31 lb/total)

Food Calories - 1284/day average (Range of 659-2152/day)

Exercise Calories- 2061/day average (Range of 1300-2697/day)

Walking - 65 miles (2.25mi/day average. Range of 0-6.2 mi/day)

Peloton - 505 miles

Bicycle - 135 miles

Cycling 21.34 mi/day average. Range of 4.2-45.7 mi/day

Big changes for me in September, I started the month thinking I would dial back my efforts and slow down my progress as I got closer to my goal. I had been losing 20 lbs +/- a month for the previous 5 months and figured with over 100 pounds gone I wouldn’t be able to keep that rate of loss up. I’ve also lost 10” around my waist since July, 3.5” of that in August. I didn’t start measuring until July, but I am guessing I have lost 14-16” around my waist since my start. Have gone from size 50 jeans (snug) to size 38 (with room for IWB carry). Shirt size has dropped from 3-4X to “L”, gym shorts from 3X to “L” as well.

My plan was to start reducing my workouts and increasing my food calories with a goal for Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec to average around 15 lb loss per month which would put me at my goal (190 lbs) by the end of the year.

Didn’t quite work out that way, I still lost 19 pounds in Sept. even though I went from walking 6-7 days a week to walking 3-4 days a week. While I was walking 3-4 miles a day in August, the days I walk now I go 5-6 miles so my miles walked did drop but only from 95 miles in Aug to 65 in Sept. Cycling effort and miles went up however, from a combined 506 miles (481 Peloton/25 bicycle) in August to combined 640 miles in Sept.

Exercise calories went up by an avg of 58 calories a day. Food calories on average actually went down by an avg of 27 calories/day, though the high end of the range did increase by over 100 calories. I guess my new habits have formed and I just don’t crave food like I used to. Still sticking with good portion control, loggin everything, and limit/plan treats and splurges so they have minimum overall impact.

On the type 2 diabetic issue, had my annual physical a couple weeks ago. My A1c went from 8.8 (Sep 2020) to 6.8 (June 2021) to 5.9 (Sep 2021). Doc cut my Metformin dose in half and told me to stop taking the Glimepiride.

All the other lab work (cholesterol, etc.) was fine (as usual) and Doc was quite impressed/pleased with the weight loss. He wants more blood work in 3 months, then blood work and a visit in 6 months with expectation of stopping the Metformin all together.

Last weekend I bought a rowing machine to add to the mix (I’m starting to think I have a problem…). With my focus primarily dropping weight most of my efforts have been walking and riding which is great for legs but upper body condition has been neglected. I figured rowing is something I would enjoy and help balance things out. Was never a fan of weights, dumbbells, etc. and if I don’t get some interest or enjoyment, very hard for me to make the effort.

I got the rowing machine from Costco (Pro-Form magnetic resistance model) it was $400 and included a 1yr “iFIT” membership which connects to tablet and provides interactive workouts and streaming video rowing courses similar to the Peloton experience.

Calorie burn rate is actually a little higher than the Peloton. Over a 45 minute work out I burn about 50 more calories on the Rower than I do the Peloton. I am definitely feeling it working my back, arms, and abdominal muscles. With fall and winter coming to the northwest, Peloton and Rower will help fill a lot of indoor hours.

All in all, another great month of progress and my 190 lb goal is now just 30 pounds away. While it is only a difference of 15 lbs, 30 lbs to go seems a lot more attainable than 50 lbs to go. Even at 10 lb/mo loss I should make it by the end of the year. If I do 15 lb loss/mo that means I might hit my goal end of Nov/beginning of Dec, a month earlier than expected.

This thread seems to have has died down quite a bit, hope folks are still working. I know this is coming into the worst time of the year for progress and success with fitness/weight goals but if you stay focused you can still make progress. I am almost 59 years old, had lots of starts and stops of trying to get back into shape over the years. I am now the lowest weight I have been since I got out of the Marines 31 years ago.

I am proof that it’s never too late, don’t give up.

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Boss said:
“I am almost 59 years old, had lots of starts and stops of trying to get back into shape over the years. I am now the lowest weight I have been since I got out of the Marines 31 years ago.

I am proof that it’s never too late, don’t give up.”
————————————

Proud of you brother. This thread inspired me to get back in the game. I didn’t eat as well in Sept, but I kept the exercise up.

Age 52
Down 40 since New Years.
310 to 270
Ultimate goal of 185 (1993 exit The Corps weight)

Primary sources of fitness:
-Free weights
-Peloton
- Planking

Oct Goal - 10 pounds and able to squeeze my Molan Lobe’ ring that I bought from Dave T, back on.

Semper Fi

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Proud of you brother. This thread inspired me to get back in the game. I didn’t eat as well in Sept, but I kept the exercise up.

Age 52
Down 40 since New Years.
310 to 270
Ultimate goal of 185 (1993 exit The Corps weight)

Primary sources of fitness:
-Free weights
-Peloton
- Planking

Oct Goal - 10 pounds and able to squeeze my Molan Lobe’ ring that I bought from Dave T, back on.

Semper Fi

Thanks! I have to admit that the recurring dreams (nightmares?) of being back in the Corps and in trouble for being a “Fat body” might have had something to do with keeping me motivated Wink

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
This thread seems to be dying folks, let’s stay motivated! Time to check in, good or bad how did you do in October?

MY OCTOBER PROGRESS

Weight- 208 lbs (Start 344lb)
(-11.4 lb for month / -135 lb/total)

BMI- 31.7 “Obese” (Start 52.3 “Super-Morbidly Obese”)
(-20.6)

Body Fat Percentage- 29% (Start 48%)
(-19%)

Body Fat- 60 lb (Start 165lb)
(-105 lb)

Lean Mass- 148 lb (Start 179lb)
(-31 lb)

Food Calories - 1410/day average (Range of 743-2339/day)

Exercise Calories- 1973/day average (Range of 1138-3644/day)

Walking - 28 miles (.8 mi/day average. Range of 0-8 mi/day)

Peloton - 602 miles

Bicycle - 29 miles

Cycling 20.35 mi/day average. Range of 3.5-37.6 mi/day

October was an interesting month. Weight loss was only 11 pounds while I was hoping for 15. Looks like that is due to me increasing my calories consumed (+5200 for the month) and even though I did 75 more total miles between cycling, walking, and rowing than I did in September, I did it burning 750 fewer exercise calories for the month. I must be getting more “efficient” Wink

With fall weather hitting the NW, walking is way down and rowing is picking up the slack. Still riding the Peloton everyday (usually 2-3 rides a day) and rowing every other day.

Surprisingly, even with lower than expected weight loss for the month I am down over 3” at the waist for the month and have managed to drop another 1-2 sizes in pants wearing size 34-36 depending on the brand/cut. Something I thought would never happen is my ass being into 34 jeans and “Medium” gym shorts.

I am sticking with my goal of 15 pound loss for November, will be dialing back the calories a little to make that happen. I am hoping to offset my lower base metabolism and more efficient exercise by keeping the daily average food at 1300 calories or so and keep my average exercise calories at 2000/day or more.

If I can drop 15 in November and 10 in December I can still hit my goal of 185-190 by the end of the year.

Definitely looks like I have taken over this thread. If others don’t chime in I’ll just quietly fade away. Would be a shame though as hearing others are dealing with same issue and working to improve has helped to motivate me.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Ok. I'll chime in. But with a slightly different story, and goal.

I'm 50, and I weight about 151. I was the most fit I've ever been when I was in my mid-40s. I've struggled with a low back and hip problem for about three and a half years. I've had some good progress with PT and have found a way to resume longer runs with less pain. So, I immediately re-activate my "irrational optimism" and I register for the Pittsburgh Marathon. 26.2 miles with some serious hills.

This will be my 5th, and in my 50th year. Today (11/01/2021) marks 180 days until race day. 5 years ago I was 130, and fast as hell. I want to lose 15 pounds and finish it in under 4 hours without crippling pain. I think that's quite doable. Less beer and ice creme fat will ease the burden on L4/L5 and the muscles working to hold that mess together. My fastest time was my first, at 3:26.

Game-on!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: r0gue,

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
The weight continues to come off, although it is slowing a little it, but that is to be expected.

I was at 38 lbs lost on 10/1. Official weigh in day was 10/28, and I was up to 45 lbs lost.

I am now lighter (226 lbs) than I have been since sometime to 2003 when I crossed into the 230's and never looked back. My next and final goal is 195 lbs. I was 195 lbs when I got married at the age of 24 in 1997. I figure if I can keep up the 1.5-2 lbs per week loss then I should arrive at that number sometime in March.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I started really taking my health serious last January.

Switched to eating paleo-ish as in no processed foods, breads, added sugars, etc. Only lean meat, fish, veggies, nuts, and a little fruit. It's never been a "diet". I've adapted my mentality as this is how I should be eating for the rest of my life and now I really love it.

For exercise I run 2-3 miles daily and switch in some bike riding to keep from getting bored. I also can't seem to get to a gym so I bought a set of dumbbells from 10# up to 65# and have been religious about lifting 5 days a week as well as core and other strength exercises.

I went from a soft and pasty 202 to a lean and athletic 175 and I feel I'm in the best shape of my life.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
... I should drop below 200 in November sometime, and my 190 target in December.

Staying motivated, working hard.
You are inspiring me to try to meet you there in December!

In 2019 & 2020, I reduced my weight by 70+ lbs.
Due to some health setbacks, I lost focus and am now working to get back on track to < 200.

I will be watching this thread for updates!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Ok. I'll chime in. But with a slightly different story, and goal…

Game-on!

Holy Moly! Eek I have a very active imagination at times, but I cannot even conceive of me doing a Marathon in the prime of my life, let alone at 50.

I would love to hear what your trying plan is. Not that I expect I will ever run again after knee damage while in the Marines, but just curious what it takes to reach preparedness for that goal.

quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
The weight continues to come off, although it is slowing a little it, but that is to be expected.

I was at 38 lbs lost on 10/1. Official weigh in day was 10/28, and I was up to 45 lbs lost.

I am now lighter (226 lbs) than I have been since sometime to 2003 when I crossed into the 230's and never looked back. My next and final goal is 195 lbs. I was 195 lbs when I got married at the age of 24 in 1997. I figure if I can keep up the 1.5-2 lbs per week loss then I should arrive at that number sometime in March.

Yes, it does slow as you lose more. I decided to start looking at % of body weight lost as the pounds are now going slower. Most weeks I am still managing about 1-1.5% loss, but now that is 2-3 lbs a week when it was 5 lbs/week or more at the beginning.

Currently, I am at the lightest I have been in 31 years. In June 1990 when I got out of the Marines I was 185-190 (about 10 over by USMC regs) and went north of 220 in about 6 months. I’ve looked back a few times, but never made the effort to get real progress. My goal is 185-190, I’d love to hit it by the end of the year, if not in January for sure. I turn 59 in February and I want my transformation to be complete by then.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I started really taking my health serious last January.

Switched to eating paleo-ish as in no processed foods, breads, added sugars, etc. Only lean meat, fish, veggies, nuts, and a little fruit. It's never been a "diet". I've adapted my mentality as this is how I should be eating for the rest of my life and now I really love it.

For exercise I run 2-3 miles daily and switch in some bike riding to keep from getting bored. I also can't seem to get to a gym so I bought a set of dumbbells from 10# up to 65# and have been religious about lifting 5 days a week as well as core and other strength exercises.

I went from a soft and pasty 202 to a lean and athletic 175 and I feel I'm in the best shape of my life.

Fantastic news, you hit the nail on the head - changing habits for long term goals and success.

While I didn’t go hard core paleo/keto a big part of my success has been changing habits. WAYYYY less processed foods, try to stick to less than 100-120 net carbs a day and cut back on any processed sugar I can. Whole grain breads, fruit, instead of cookies, candy and such.

My snacks now are usually meats, cheese, or nuts. Still allow myself the occasion treat (chocolates, jelly beans, licorice) but strict portion control to one serving and only 2-3 times a week instead of 2 servings or more almost every day. I told myself as long as I can exercise moderation, portion control and planning I wouldn’t deny myself anything and it is working for me.

quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:

You are inspiring me to try to meet you there in December!

In 2019 & 2020, I reduced my weight by 70+ lbs.
Due to some health setbacks, I lost focus and am now working to get back on track to < 200.

I will be watching this thread for updates!

Don’t just watch, POST!

This thread has slowed way down the past couple months. Need to keep hearing from folks for support and motivation.

More info about you? Age? Height? It helps to understand where others are at. 6’2” and 200 is a lot different than 5’8” and 200.

I’m 58 years old and 5’8”, currently 208, down from 345 in April of this year. I had been pretty steady in the 325-350 range for the past 10 years or so, down from a max weight was 365 in 2009.

At my goal of 185-190 I’ll still be 20-25 lbs overweight, but I am accounting for the flabby skin I will carry as a reminder to never let it get out of control again. Plus was always a bit on the chubby side, would -or ably look like a concentration camp inmate if I ever was at the “recommended” weight for my height.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
October was a tough month. I stress-ate, stress drank and fell off of the exercise bike…Gained 2 pounds back.

Hello November.
CTRL-ALT-DEL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
October was a bad month for me. Started 287.8. Finished 285.2. Lots of travel and poor life choices (related to eating, that is... Big Grin).

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t just watch, POST!

This thread has slowed way down the past couple months. Need to keep hearing from folks for support and motivation.

More info about you? Age? Height? It helps to understand where others are at. 6’2” and 200 is a lot different than 5’8” and 200.

I’m 58 years old and 5’8”, currently 208, down from 345 in April of this year. I had been pretty steady in the 325-350 range for the past 10 years or so, down from a max weight was 365 in 2009.

At my goal of 185-190 I’ll still be 20-25 lbs overweight, but I am accounting for the flabby skin I will carry as a reminder to never let it get out of control again. Plus was always a bit on the chubby side, would -or ably look like a concentration camp inmate if I ever was at the “recommended” weight for my height.

Okay, I’m 75, 6’ and float between 199 and 200 lbs. Thirty years ago I was 270, made a decision to change my life style and it took about a year to drop down. I stay away from sweets and basically just eat healthy food stuff. I do calisthenics and free weights every morning. I would like to drop another ten pounds but it seems like my body is happy where I am so I don’t think about it anymore.

Posts: 57 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Ok. I'll chime in. But with a slightly different story, and goal…

Game-on!

Holy Moly! Eek I have a very active imagination at times, but I cannot even conceive of me doing a Marathon in the prime of my life, let alone at 50.

I would love to hear what your trying plan is. Not that I expect I will ever run again after knee damage while in the Marines, but just curious what it takes to reach preparedness for that goal.

Basically Hal Higdon's Novice plan is the least stressful way to get there. I've tried more rigorous plans, but at this point, I'm just trying to hold this baby together. So... This should be fine. I've used this a few times. Not so bad.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good recovery schedule Rogue. I ran competitive 5K's all through my 20's - early 40's. Stopped running competitively last year to give my feet, knees and hips a rest. I was also lifting much heavier over the past few years so I found out the difference between running at 160 and running at 175. Still had the speed - but my body hated me for it and let me know every day. Good luck with your upcoming race in Pittsburg !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
October was a tough month. I stress-ate, stress drank and fell off of the exercise bike…Gained 2 pounds back.

Hello November.
CTRL-ALT-DEL

Admitting it and realizing what happened is the first step to correcting it. While I was down overall for Oct I had a couple of stagnant weeks.

November off to a good start though, cracking the whip on myself.

quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
October was a bad month for me. Started 287.8. Finished 285.2. Lots of travel and poor life choices (related to eating, that is... Big Grin).

Hey, still down - that’s a good thing. Hard to stick to routine and diet when traveling.

quote:
Originally posted by Joe 5632:

Okay, I’m 75, 6’ and float between 199 and 200 lbs. Thirty years ago I was 270, made a decision to change my life style and it took about a year to drop down. I stay away from sweets and basically just eat healthy food stuff. I do calisthenics and free weights every morning. I would like to drop another ten pounds but it seems like my body is happy where I am so I don’t think about it anymore.

Welcome to the thread! Thirty years is a good long time to maintain the loss and keep the good habits. Hopefully I will be around long enough to do the same.

quote:

Basically Hal Higdon's Novice plan is the least stressful way to get there. I've tried more rigorous plans, but at this point, I'm just trying to hold this baby together. So... This should be fine. I've used this a few times. Not so bad.

I would be hating Sundays pretty quick Big Grin I just can’t run anymore, maybe a brief jog to get across the street before a car comes by but my knee with arthritis just won’t do it. Not walking as much now as the past few months due to the NW weather, but was up to 6-8 miles at a time at about a 2.7 mph pace.

I really prefer the bike, Peloton, or Rower though. More calories burned in shorter time and much easier on my bum knee.