SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chappaquiddick movie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chappaquiddick movie Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Ted had the first confirmed kill in the war on women. I hear he’s been sober for almost 9 years now.

That's funny x2!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
More people died in Ted Kennedy's car than were killed by my guns.

I bought this for my son when he was born:

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15257 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I love when any amount of truth surfaces and is appreciated. In this case it is too late to prevent the damage Kennedy did to this culture. His influence will be suffered for generations. I do take comfort knowing that though he'd likely be arrogant enough to lie to God, it will do him no good and he will have his day of reckoning.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29716 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I love when any amount of truth surfaces and is appreciated. In this case it is too late to prevent the damage Kennedy did to this culture. His influence will be suffered for generations. I do take comfort knowing that though he'd likely be arrogant enough to lie to God, it will do him no good and he will have his day of reckoning.

I believe all of us will have that opportunity to give an accounting of our choices in mortality. And I don't think fame/fortune/deceit/clever lawyers will hold any sway.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

I would disagree that he was a "great Senator". IMO, he was a lousy Senator and I despised him. The only smart thing he ever did was to NOT run for President, because he believed that someone would kill him. (I think he was right.)

flashguy

To be fair, the Kennedy’s did seem to bring that out in people...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10947 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a double feature, "Chappaquidick" and "Paul the Apostle".
Saints and Sinners.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybody focuses on what happened AFTER they left the party . I think it's pretty interesting that a bunch of rich married guys rent a house to have a party with some low level campaign workers that were all female . There was nowhere else more convenient to party down with the ladies than some house out in the middle of the sticks ?

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They should have filmed my theory of what probably happened. Wink

"Erha.. oh my god! Save the booze!" (him diving down to the car and returning to the surface, his arms full of bottles)

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Another article:

“In January 1970, a secret inquest was held, the results of which were later released, and one key finding was that there was 'probable cause' that Kennedy had driven his car 'negligently and that such operation appears to have contributed' to Mary Jo's death.

Kennedy made a payment of $90,904 ($615,061.90 today, with inflation) to Mary Jo's parents and they received an additional $50,000 ($338,302.99 today, with inflation) from Kennedy's insurance company…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...-Kennedys-TWICE.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8989 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I saw the movie today.

I recommend it for those of age who remember the case. The move presents a story that jibes well with my recollection of the actual history of the event, plus it brings back some forgotten info from the case.

I saw only one or two instances of Ted being given a pass. on the event.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The ads close with typical warnings about the usual stuff like foul language and **historical smoking** Eek This bothers me, are second hand historical smoke warnings a thing?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8355 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
The ads close with typical warnings about the usual stuff like foul language and **historical smoking** Eek This bothers me, are second hand historical smoke warnings a thing?

- - - - - - - - -

Maybe that's just Hollywood rating folks trying to scare off the viewers. I don't remember noticing any inordinate smoking - remember the story is set in 1969 --- there was actually more smoking then.

I'm sure the liberal folks of Hollywood would prefer that you not watch it. There are still some Kennedys out there in politics.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Absolute shamless thread drift here, HighZonie, IMO the two best flags in the world are the state flags of Arizona and New Mexico. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8355 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
From today's NYT op-ed

quote:
. . .‘Chappaquiddick’ Distorts a Tragedy

Let’s set aside the fact that, despite the film’s advertisements claiming to tell the “untold true story” of a “cover-up,” the story has been told plenty, and no one but the most lunatic conspiracy theorists see this as anything but a tragic accident in which nothing much was covered up. . . .

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...y-distortortion.html

I agree with the NYT. The Kennedy's have always been honorable, honest, transparent, forthright in all their dealings. (And I need a bigger emesis basin Roll Eyes )

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

I heard this bit about "historical smoking" in a radio ad and was LMAO. Just shows the depths to which we have sunk with political correctness.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Please reconsider going to the theater to see it...

Thanks for this info, Rusbro. We will try to see it now.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Limbaugh stated it was not a leftist retelling of the events, but an accurate portrayal. As someone posted, this movie is not to sanitize Teddy.

I might go see it if I have time, just to contribute dollars to this film. I'm actually amazed this got general release.

Thanks, oddball. I am going to try to see it now.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I would disagree that he was a "great Senator". IMO, he was a lousy Senator and I despised him. The only smart thing he ever did was to NOT run for President, because he believed that someone would kill him. (I think he was right.)

I believe Ted Kennedy did challenge Jimmy Carter in the 1980 Democratic Primary, but lost by a fairly wide margin.