SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Naval Academy cadets to be punished for White Power hand signs.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Naval Academy cadets to be punished for White Power hand signs. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
I shouldn't even read the news anymore. Pretty sure a raised fist would have been okay.

(AP) - The U.S. Naval Academy has appointed an officer to conduct an internal investigation into possible “white power” hand gestures flashed by students before the Army-Navy football game.

A spokeswoman for the academy says in an email Sunday that those involved will be held appropriately accountable based on findings of the investigation.

West Point cadets and Naval Academy midshipmen in the stands appeared to display the hand sign during an ESPN broadcast segment Saturday.

The gesture is similar to the “OK” hand signal. A West Point spokesman says officials there are also looking into the matter.

Copyright 2019 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
to be punished

Is that the same as "looking in to it"?

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Watched this on the news tonight. Newscaster in the stands with a bunch of cadets. As the video runs you see several (4) make the sign. This wasn’t the “OK” that’s upright. Instead it’s downward and you see the back of the hand.
Read elsewhere where there was a punch game taken from a TV show. You make the sign below your belt and it someone reacts, you get to punch them.
My taken away was it was a bunch of juvenile behavior more suited for middle school.
I’m getting old. The “OK” sign has always been a positive message. Now it’s something else.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So serious question.

Is the OK sign now literally a racist sign? I have never viewed it as such.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way too much of dat der free speech goin’ on. Gots to stop it!

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So I guess no one remembers these fine young ladies that got off with just a slap on the wrist, eh? GMAFB....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Watched this on the news tonight. Newscaster in the stands with a bunch of cadets. As the video runs you see several (4) make the sign. This wasn’t the “OK” that’s upright. Instead it’s downward and you see the back of the hand.

Wouldn't that make an "MP"?

This whole thing is just so stupid.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Anyone at the Naval Academy that advocates investigating this is not fit to be in the Navy, it's not any different than AF Gen. Silveria falling for the hate crime hoax.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/1glTOFPECNI

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I worry about a simple hand-wave "thanks" when somebody lets me in traffic, in case they think it's some gang sign now that I haven't kept up with, and they pull a gun. We've gone way beyond PC.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Oh for fuck sakes and fuck all. I learned this game in 1988 in the line shack when I was at VF-124 NAS Miramar. It was called the meat gazer game. Hold your hand in the OK sign below you waist. If someone notices and looks, you punch em in the arm for being a meat gazer. If they stick a finger through the O before you can move your hand, they punch you.

4Chan and some other social media sites red pill the media into thinking this is a white power symbol and then we get this shit. Really this is SJW cultural appropriation of young and dumb sailors! We need a fucking targeted direct comet on the media and SJWs, right fucking Now!

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
If someone notices and looks, you punch em in the arm for being a meat gazer. If they stick a finger through the O before you can move your hand, they punch you.

That's the way I learned it.

Had to teach it to my nephews a year or so ago.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
So how much money will they waste investigating this?

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
Oh for fuck sakes and fuck all. I learned this game in 1988 in the line shack when I was at VF-124 NAS Miramar. It was called the meat gazer game. Hold your hand in the OK sign below you waist. If someone notices and looks, you punch em in the arm for being a meat gazer. If they stick a finger through the O before you can move your hand, they punch you.

Played by the same rules in HS a few years before you learned it. You had to get REALLY creative after a while, or be very quick.

If we had a chance to get EVERYONE on national TV, absolutely we'd have done that.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good grief....so, anytime a group that the lefties don't like, do a gesture, wear the wrong clothes or, fly the wrong flag, everybody else needs is on notice?

SO, when's a white Arayan Nation group going to 'appropriate' a BLM symbol or, flag?

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Well I found this:
https://thestir.cafemom.com/tw...r_teen/105116/hole/5
and these are Black hands...
https://www.huffpost.com/entry...-diaspora_b_11752260

I always thought it was a sign of a jerk-off, but I am old and things changed when I wasn't paying attention.

It just seems silly to me.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8363 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Quit wasting my time with nonsense.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"Naval Academy cadets"

No such thing.

And its the "Made you look" game. Been around forever.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:

This right here. The are still a couple people I work with (in their 40’s) who do this stupid shit all day long. Some people never grow up... But they aren’t racists.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4028 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
And its the "Made you look" game. Been around forever.

Yep. I can recall playing it when I was kid back in the late 1980s/early 1990s, and it apparently predates that by a couple decades.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Gee, yet ANOTHER manufactured 'racist' incident.

You know, if they are searching SO hard to find 'institutionalized racism' in the military and have to resort to this kind of nonsense, that just confirms that there really ISN'T a problem.

I mean, the leftists claim there is a racist under every bush (4 if it's on a military base). But, all they can come up with to support their argument is this stupid stuff (meanwhile, ignoring REAL racist symbols such as the West Point 'black power' photo above).

Comments on the facebook post I saw about this were tearing up the whole 'racist' angle. This was my favorite comment:

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post