SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Google vs Huawei, how does it affect my phone?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google vs Huawei, how does it affect my phone? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
I've been using Motorola for quite some time (Razr->Z3 Play) and not much is different since they were sold to Google and then Google sold them to Lenovo, ...

...other than they used to be made here in the USA by a US company and now they're made in China by a Chinese company.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
My phone works fine but I just learned that the commercial war has reached both Giants and no more Android updates or Google Play store for Huawei.

Please understand that this in not Google's doing. Huawei was put on a restricted list by the U.S. Department of Commerce. All U.S. firms are forbidden from selling technology to Huawei without first obtaining approval from the U.S. Dept of Commerce. Google has no choice but to obey the law. This will affect Microsoft and Intel as well.

Google has been granted a 90 day extension. So you don't have to worry about it until August.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post