SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'd like your thoughts on a company's "free shipping" policy.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'd like your thoughts on a company's "free shipping" policy. Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I agree, they will correct this for you.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Looks like from their reply... they are not going to give you the $5+ back.... pretty poor on their part... their answer was just in that they explained that the free shipping was on in stock items.... but I would think a good business plan would have been to reimburse you the small shipping charge just to be kind and take the extra step to make the customer happy. My point being in business a happy customer just might buy from you again.... but for sure an unhappy one will not and on top of that will probably tell others about it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Yes to the above. The OP, a dissatisfied customer, had passed his displeasure on to the Internet, where his imaginary friends will now boycott P-Co. for their poor customer relations policy.

I, for one, will no long do business with P-Co. (unless the P stands for Palmetto; I go back with them too long to sever our relationship over your $5.49) until this is resolved.
(/sarcasm)

Seriously, they should be up front with this facet of their shipping policy. If it didn’t state somewhere that back ordered items do not qualify for free shipping, and if you were not informed of the back order status of the item until the order was placed, then this is, at best, a piss poor online retail front end design.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Sigh... Folks, a $5 shipping fee means that they are, probably, barely covering the shipping cost.

I don't see why anyone would be angry about a company not losing money on an order.

Company's, and customers, are going to have to get comfortable with the idea of a company actually making money. I realize corporations are bad about this.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Im a little confused.When did you find out the item was backordered - before or after you hit the buy button? Im with Rey HRH.

I realized it was backordered after I hit the buy button. I'm phrasing the previous sentence carefully, so as NOT to say it wasn't shown as out-of-stock, but to say that I didn't notice it was out of stock. To be clear: I'm not peeved at P-Co, and I'm not trying to say that absolutely none of this rides on my shoulders. I'll admit having needed to pay better attention if that's the case.

quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
unless the P stands for Palmetto

(snip)

Seriously, they should be up front with this facet of their shipping policy. If it didn’t state somewhere that back ordered items do not qualify for free shipping, and if you were not informed of the back order status of the item until the order was placed, then this is, at best, a piss poor online retail front end design.

PLEASE NOTE: P-Co is NOT Palmetto State. I should have named them XYZ-Co for this example. There is NO need to be collectively peeved at Palmetto. Palmetto has zero involvement in this event. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Sigh... Folks, a $5 shipping fee means that they are, probably, barely covering the shipping cost.

I don't see why anyone would be angry about a company not losing money on an order.

Company's, and customers, are going to have to get comfortable with the idea of a company actually making money. I realize corporations are bad about this.

Maybe it's just semantics... but I'm NOT angry at P-Co. Heck, I've already started my next order from them.

What I am is curious -- did I have a faulty expectation of the policy? Did I not pay enough attention to the policy? Or am I totally off base altogether?

Heck, in sum the whole order will have shipped for $5.49 (whenever the last item does ship), and overall that's a bargain.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Each company tailors their own shipping cost and billing backorder policies. If the information easily obtained good on them. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned unless they schemed to deceive, which is not the practice of reputable companies.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

I agree. I honestly don't believe P-Co (definitely not its real name) intended to deceive.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post