SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Make a good profit... make them payout money for nothing

And then they can increase taxes on the citizens to make up for their losses.

Make it hurt enough and maybe they'll learn to vote better in the future.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Make a good profit... make them payout money for nothing

And then they can increase taxes on the citizens to make up for their losses.

And whose fault is that, why it's the citizens of DE, and they can pay for electing people that put these plans in place.

They can solve that by electing responsible politicians that don't have to be taken to court over things like this.

And if they are going to do something this stupid, someone will take advantage of it....

The rules of economics apply to all...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As always I won't mention how much Small Pistol Primers I have stashed or the size of my reloading reserves but it's all adequate. I also won't mention whats in my Hillary box but there are a lot of items in their that would set her to going into apoplexy.

As for Delaware, I find that 17 round capacity limit actually works in my favor. One of my first polymer handguns and very first Semi was a Springfield Armory XDM early edition in 40 S&W. Which features a 16 round magazine. Some may consider that a bit limited but if you rock and roll with it at a 0.4 second split time you can make thunder for nearly 6 1/2 seconds. BTW, found it was completely reliable with 180 grain Winchester Ranger-T so I have a rather nice stash of that in a spare closet.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eat shit. I already screwed up and trashed my bump stock when I shouldn’t have. I’m done with getting rid of anything.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just texted a friend from DE about this and he said it sucks bad but he's grandfathered in or something right now as he has his CCW? But he said this new law also prevents him from buying an AR or an AK going forward? WTF!

"An individual who holds a valid concealed carry permit issued by the Superior Court under § 1441 of this title" is exempt from the new large capacity magazine prohibition.

Sec. 1469(c)(5)
https://delcode.delaware.gov/t...sc07/index.html#1469

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Maybe buy a crate of these and triple your money…
https://thecastlearms.com/prod...ign=wikiarmslistings

I see your SDS 30rd mags and raise you w/ SHK 33rd mags at $7.99 each, which one could sell for $25.
https://globalordnance.com/shk...-upc-00850003223063/

I couldn't find anything in any announcement about a limit to how many mags a Delawarean can sell to their govt.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These stupid laws should quit exempting law enforcement. Maybe then the stupid laws would stop being passed.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
A court case regarding mag capacity limits has been brewing here in CA since 2016, as I recall. It made it to the Supreme Court this year after the 9th upheld the ban. The Supremes kicked it back down for "reconsideration" in light of the ruling from the New York case.

As I seem to recall from a recent summary, the lower court judge ruled against the ban, the 9th upheld it, the Supremes kicked it back down for reconsideration.

So now it is back before the original court that ruled against it, who will certainly rule against it again.

Then the state will again appeal to the 9th. Given the fact the 9th has gradually drifted back towards center, this is where the path becomes murkier..

Perhaps 1-2 years until the ban is struck down completely if things go well, or 3-5 if it takes the long process... but I think most believe it'll eventually be struck down entirely in light of the ruling this June by the SC.

Duncan V Bonta is the CA case in question... There is a giant thread at CalGuns if anyone wants to periodically check for updates.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Eat shit. I already screwed up and trashed my bump stock when I shouldn’t have. I’m done with getting rid of anything.

Yeah me too! I regret destroying my rare breed trigger.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Rhetorical question:
What do you suppose the founders would do?

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
These stupid laws should quit exempting law enforcement. Maybe then the stupid laws would stop being passed.

I completely agree, nothing against LE but the rules should be the same for everyone.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I completely agree, nothing against LE but the rules should be the same for everyone.

I say that as a retired deputy, by the way.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

I say that as a retired deputy, by the way.

I agree as well, as a current Sgt in CA. No more carve outs.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It should not be limited to just LE. Military should also be limited to whatever limitations are subjected to the public. Same rules for public, LE and military.

If we need to fight against tyranny, then any entity that could represent the tyranny should be subject to the same rules. Otherwise, conflict of interest.

This is so ridiculous. The USA, as an entity, arms itself to the best of its ability to defend itself against thugs like isis, russia, prc, etc. And it should. And yet the hypocrisy when trying to apply the same logic domestically for citizens vs thugs.

They are making law abiding citizens felons here and not doing a damn thing to the actual felons. Not a damn thing.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have an old 90 round drum that has issues. I got it for free decades ago. If I could get $80 for it, I’d do it.

Is it bad to sell a defective magazine into the buyback?

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Walker:
Do you think Magpul will make new 15 round mags for AR? Perhaps some manufacture will install a block in existing 20 round metal magazines, reducing capacity to 15-17 rounds. I have 10 round mags for AR and Mini-14 and like them for range shooting.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I have an old 90 round drum that has issues. I got it for free decades ago. If I could get $80 for it, I’d do it.

Is it bad to sell a defective magazine into the buyback?

Nope. I’d be perfectly happy selling them non-functional 3-D printed shells I knew didn’t work if they’d take them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’ll just point out that I’d expect everyone complying who presents ID and proof of residency will likely have their name and address placed on a “registry” of sorts that will be retained for undisclosed future use…

Maybe I am just paranoid though…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It’s not paranoia. Delaware state police were found to be keeping records on people several years ago.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
It’s not paranoia. Delaware state police were found to be keeping records on people several years ago.

Hmmm… so I wonder if they will be “following up” on those folks they expect to sell mags but don’t…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post