SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
It’s not paranoia. Delaware state police were found to be keeping records on people several years ago.

Hmmm… so I wonder if they will be “following up” on those folks they expect to sell mags but don’t…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10351 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wont be long until we see this in Washington State.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing this is being challenged legally?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 36456 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
These stupid laws should quit exempting law enforcement. Maybe then the stupid laws would stop being passed.

You’re asking that the entity that make laws should make the people they’re hoping to enforce the law abide by the same law as the people they’re using force upon?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 8830 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

You’re asking that the entity that make laws should make the people they’re hoping to enforce the law abide by the same law as the people they’re using force upon?

I've met far too many cops who were perfectly happy with being able to own what they want, just because they have a badge, while also dropping the hammer on a citizen who got caught with something that some size large asshat of a politician didn't like the people having. So, yes, that's exactly what I'm asking for.

Posts: 326 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I guess you guys are against the provision in this law that allows CCW holders to be exempt from this, eh?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 36164 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:

I've met far too many cops who were perfectly happy with being able to own what they want, just because they have a badge, while also dropping the hammer on a citizen who got caught with something that some size large asshat of a politician didn't like the people having. So, yes, that's exactly what I'm asking for.

I agree with your opinions on this issue however such an outcome is unlikely in today’s political climate. The current crop of jagoff politicians thrive on the divisions caused by “rules for the but not for me or our enforcers” type policies they ram into law.

Posts: 2766 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I get your point but to answer your question, yes I am against that exemption as well.

There is only one real reason for exemptions. It's a political way to cut down opposition. It is either good law or bad. Giving exemptions and grandfather clauses it a way to make it SEEM more palatable.

Give me one good reason CCW or cops on their own time should have legal access to these mags and a homeowner shouldn't. I'll wait but there is no good reason.

If your position is that "well at least everybody doesn't get fucked" then state that and lets try to get as many exemptions as possible. It is bullshit though. Cops on their private time, veterans, ccw holders, blah blah blah, have to better reason to own these "lethal" hicap mags than ordinary citizens.

The reason you don't want cutouts for cops is because you don't want cops to enforce these bs laws knowing they are liable as well.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Delaware gun control laws face legal challenge

https://bearingarms.com/tomkni...e3e8139f308bd8a1cb93

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 7969 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I think I get your point but to answer your question

I know you do.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 36164 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I guess you guys are against the provision in this law that allows CCW holders to be exempt from this, eh?

Only on principle. If I get into it, the tread could get derailed

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 28308 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post