SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No. Don’t give ‘em anything. Not one goddamned magazine. They’ll know you had them to begin with, they’ll point to “X many turned in,” and then they’ll come back with an illegal search warrant to be executed by a SWAT team. No. Don’t give them anything.

They’re going to keep trying this bullshit in spite of Breuer and the SC kicking back California’s mag ban. Don’t comply to any degree!

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I think today is a great day to buy more magazines.

Imagine if nationwide a zillion more magazines were purchased!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Maybe buy a crate of these and triple your money…
https://thecastlearms.com/prod...ign=wikiarmslistings

"This magazine is designed for use with AR rifles. The AR-15 and SR-25 rifles are the main rifles that this magazine would work best with, and also look best with."

Uh... Good luck using .223/5.56 AR15 magazines like that in your 7.62/.308 SR-25 rifle.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just texted a friend from DE about this and he said it sucks bad but he's grandfathered in or something right now as he has his CCW? But he said this new law also prevents him from buying an AR or an AK going forward? WTF!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I assume this law has been challenged. Does anyone know?

And fuck Delaware.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The state that lays claim to Biden. Must be something in the water.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My original Seymour 30-round mags for the M1 Carbine are bringing over $100 regularly on GB. I'm thinking that it would be fun to hit them with an injunction barring enforcement until they pay my "fair market value" plus legal fees and court costs.

How hard would it be for Delaware owners to collect written purchase offers from each other, all for several times the state's offer of "fair market value"? Tie them up in the courts for several years, force the powers that be to go back to the state legislature for additional funding, run the budgeted costs up by a factor of 10 or 20. A few hundred like-minded gun owners pool their funds and retain a hot rod young lawyer who wants lots of press coverage from taking on the Big State. A quick and simple not-for-profit corporation to manage the funding of hundreds or thousands of "takings" lawsuits, shouldn't be too much of a stretch to demand punitive damages based on a huge disparity between what the State calls "fair market value" and actual market value.

Meanwhile, as the new law is being implemented and the resistance is building the "fair market value" will increase several fold. Remember the Clinton AWB of the early 1990s, when Ruger Mini-14 rifles went from $189 at WalMart to over $600, and pre-ban mags tripled and quadrupled in value.

With a million or more gun owners it shouldn't be terribly difficult to organize a few thousand willing to pitch in to support the cause.

Just the way my mind works. Peaceful civil disobedience while using government courts to block government excess.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

And fuck Delaware.

Firearms Policy Coalition is usually has a challenge filed within a week of these. I've been traveling for work this month so, haven't looked it up.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
I believe that there are several magazine capacity cases due before the USSC. I would think someone in DE could get an injunction that prevents this law from going into force until those cases are settled.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

And fuck Delaware.

The NRA-ILA amended its suit against Delaware on their AWB to include the magazine ban.

https://www.nraila.org/article...apacity-magazine-ban

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, lost them all in the boating accident.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 283 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Maybe buy a crate of these and triple your money…
https://thecastlearms.com/prod...ign=wikiarmslistings

"This magazine is designed for use with AR rifles. The AR-15 and SR-25 rifles are the main rifles that this magazine would work best with, and also look best with."

Uh... Good luck using .223/5.56 AR15 magazines like that in your 7.62/.308 SR-25 rifle.

Pretty sure the point wasn't to actually use them, but to punk the system by turning in $4 magazines for a $15 reimbursement, bring in 1000 mags, $4000 cost, get a $15,000 check...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
They can eat my ass.

I’ll even provide the spoon.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Allow this to establish a precedent and it will migrate to other States eventually. That’s the nature of progressivism.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
just wait till someone gets caught selling these turned in / confiscated mags on the black market in that state or shipping them out to other states.. be it a government employee / friend or family member of said government employee ... If there is money to be made then somebody will find a way to do it. ......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like a profit opportunity there.
You can buy Pmags for less than $10 new and they're showing that they pay $25?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t give ‘em anything. Not one goddamned magazine
Well, maybe the ProMags in the bottom of a box somewhere in the garage. Big Grin

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Looks like a profit opportunity there.
You can buy Pmags for less than $10 new and they're showing that they pay $25?

Yep, just like the guy who turned in printed non functional guns that had no value.

Turn in worthless or things worth less and make a profit since they are giving away more money than the street value of the item.

Make a good profit... make them payout money for nothing

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Make a good profit... make them payout money for nothing

And then they can increase taxes on the citizens to make up for their losses.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post