SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    10 year old driveway sealer support needed please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 year old driveway sealer support needed please Login/Join 
posted
Guys - I am about to finish power washing my 320 foot long - 15 foot wide concrete driveway - first time since we had it poured and I am not using chemicals - only water and pressure and it is coming clean...

What sealer type product do you recommend I use to “spray” on that will help reduce the amount of discoloration (mold and dirt) that accumulates over time.....Thanks Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
When I had an asphalt driveway in Anchorage, I just used the most expensive Asphalt Driveway sealer at HD. In Alaska, you were lucky to get 1/2 the life (e.g. 3 or 4 years on 7 year sealer) claimed on the label before having to do it again.

They came in 5 gallon pails, and I had a several in my truck. A GD moose crossed the highway in a 65 zone and I slammed on the brakes. The 5 gallon pails surged forward, hit the front of the truck bed, and by the Grace of God the lids stayed on and they hit steel instead of the glass rear window.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23093 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
http://www.seal-krete.com/driveway-sealers.html

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THe ROI is not good on this stuff. I used what the pros use around here and its last about two years. The third year its fading by the fourth its just time to redo. The labor and material cost to keep this up is $$$.

If your fabuously wealthy then it's worth for the look enhancement you get. Otherwise spend your time having fun or getting rich. DIY this and your just well...

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Dryway and Toughcrete.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
My old concrete drive turns black every year.
Last year's washer wand marks are the worse.
I give up ......

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spray Wet & Forget on it, wait a few months, and you're good for a few years before you'll need to do it again. The stuff actually seems to work, plus you don't need to power-wash beforehand, although that will help speed up the lightening effect.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't bother sealing it with anything.

But everyone here (commercial paver companies) uses Surface logix products to seal concrete paver driveways, which would work on your concrete as well. It's a good product, would recommend going with one of the water based ones.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post