SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Crackers, Which Do You Prefer ?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crackers, Which Do You Prefer ? Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Carr's Table Waters.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Cheese-its. They go with just about anything crackers go with. They’re great crumbled into tomato soup.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
All of you cracker snobs....

Nobody has said Lance Captain's Wafers.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
Saltines for chili or soup. For almost anything else Carr's table water crackers, cracked pepper version.

Crumbled crackers have remarkably good effect on chili. It’s the crunchiness!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8977 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Ritz and Wheat Thins.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carr's Table Waters.

With sesame seeds, and some herring in wine sauce on top.
Oh and a pinot grigio, if you have it, please.

Posts: 18078 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Chicken In A Biscuit, and Wheat Thins (the original, with salt on 'em).

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2841 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of half the types you guys are talking about. I shop in an Albertson's and buy major or store brands. You folks must be made of money.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah the longer they have been sitting on the table the better. Especially the ones in the basket that are crushed into little bits.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I've never heard of half the types you guys are talking about. I shop in an Albertson's and buy major or store brands. You folks must be made of money.

flashguy

Yeah, the extra twenty cents it costs to have a serving of them fancy-man crackers instead of the Sure-Fine saltines can sure wreck a family’s food budget. Wink

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Lots of the flavored and other crackers already mentioned (everything from Wheat Thins to soda crackers) are good for snacking and in combination with foods like chili and such, but IMHO it is hard to beat the versatility of a good Cuban cracker in both the smaller 2" and larger 3 1/2" varieties. Great with cream cheese and other spreads, tuna, cold cuts and other cheeses, Hebrew National salami slices, peanut butter and / or jelly, crumbled or dipped in chili, and on and on. The tasty combinations and uses are endless! Cool

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I like the usuals but got hooked on the Jacob & Co Cream Crackers in the tin while in the UK.

Red Oval Farms Stoned Wheat thins are great with peanut butter...

Mmmmmm... Red Oval Farms Stoned Wheat... Unfortunately, the wife stocks the usual Ritz (too oily for me). Triscuits are good depending on the flavoring... I can take the Carr table water crackers especially the cracked pepper... Grew up on Zesta Saltines. They're still OK. Bring back lots of memories of 'milk breaks' in grade school with peanut butter.

The problem is total intake. I can suck down 'lots of crackers' at a sitting.

drendean

Posts: 48 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Snyder-Lance is based here in Charlotte and on March 26 its sale to Campbell Soup Co. was overwhelmingly approved by shareholders.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
Chicken N A Biskit

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Saladitas

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Cheez-it Extra Toasty are great, but Wheat Thins are great as well. Almost any cracker that has extra salt or a strong extra flavor like garlic, roasted peppers, cracked pepper...

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid I used to like the crackers in the C-rations B-2 cans.

The bread and pound cake weren't so bad either...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Club crackers for snacking
Saltines for soups
Townhouse crackers for peanut butter

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
Carr's Table Waters.

With sesame seeds, and some herring in wine sauce on top.
Oh and a pinot grigio, if you have it, please.

Yes! Cracked pepper ones as well.

Posts: 5334 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post