SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Taco Bell goes woke with a DRAG Brunch
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taco Bell goes woke with a DRAG Brunch Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I get my colon blow from Moe's anyway

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Celebrating "drag culture?" Would this be Top Fuel, Funny Car, or Pro Gas?

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't eaten taco bell since before they got busted for not having enough "meat" in their "meat" to actually call it "meat"

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I will never understand how a business can think that catering to 5 or 6 percent of the population and essentially telling the rest how to live is a good thing for their business.

I think 5-6% is high. I would think maybe 2%,possibly,although Cali. is a hotbed for weirdness. This country loves to promote insanity and it just keeps doubling down.

Posts: 6904 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't know Mimosa's were on the Taco Bell breakfast menu...

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Taco Bell would be the last place I'd think of as being a safe place for anyone.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I attempt to shove a taco supreme into my mouth and not make a mess, Ru Paul will be performing as my lunch time entertainment Roll Eyes Well shit, I guess that's better than a ton of kids and mothers screaming and yelling like you'll find at a McDonald's or, a riot at Chuck E Cheese. Roll Eyes

What I find hilarious and pathetic is these companies bending over backwards (and some forwards Wink) attempting to articulate what they're doing and try to shoehorn it into this 'bigger social message' Fuck me. You're gonna have a bunch of campy crossdressers, flaunt around in a fast-food place at lunch hour, performing as if they're still in front of their mother's bedroom mirror.

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Fuck those assholes, I don't eat their dog food anyway.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9370 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...I guess the next time I need a case of ass-blast, I'll just zip through the drive-thru. GMAFB... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually a couple of those companies on your list have lost quite a bit of value by catering to political values rather than consumer ones.

Disney and Netflix have both lost a bunch of value ostensibly to this very issue. Go woke go broke is an exaggeration, but go woke lose a bunch of very avoidable losses is quite correct.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Actually a couple of those companies on your list have lost quite a bit of value by catering to political values rather than consumer ones.

Disney and Netflix have both lost a bunch of value ostensibly to this very issue. Go woke go broke is an exaggeration, but go woke lose a bunch of very avoidable losses is quite correct.

I mentioned that in my post. But Netflix issues are nothing to do with their wokeness and Disney’s losses are a drop in the bucket to them.

None of these business have even remotely lost enough to think about changing their ways or even to have other businesses say to themselves this is a bad idea. Because it keeps happening over and over.

My point was the mantra is silly because it is not even close to being anything that is factually accurate.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Both of the Taco Hells nearby are walking distance to a Chic-fil-A.

Spicy chicken sandwich anyone?

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Wait, drag queens have tacos? I’m confused.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know why taco bell doesn't have a play ground. It's hard to have fun while you know you might shit your pants.

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm in the minority here. I love Taco Bell's softshell supremes. Squirt a little fire sauce on there and half a dozen of them makes a fine lunch.

I just do the drive-thru though, so I don't give a rat's ass what kind of entertainment they've got going on inside.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The only reason I can think of to eat at Taco Bell is to cure constipation.

Making it ironic to cater to THAT demographic considering their proclivities..............

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sgalczyn,

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I am so dissatisfied in our country, our values, I cannot ever foresee that we will experience “ normalcy” as we called things years ago. I get growth and development, but damn….. we are in a mess..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
What I find hilarious and pathetic is these companies bending over backwards (and some forwards Wink) attempting to articulate what they're doing and try to shoehorn it into this 'bigger social message' Fuck me. You're gonna have a bunch of campy crossdressers, flaunt around in a fast-food place at lunch hour, performing as if they're still in front of their mother's bedroom mirror.

Big Grin
It does occur to me that most of us here are not likely to eat at Taco Bell too often. I mean, I have... years ago it was good, quick late-night drunk food. But I don't really go out drinking anymore.

So if I'm not their target audience, and I'm not likely to eat there anyway, I can't boycott.
So I don't really care. But it is indicative of the cultural rot in this country.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24173 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Politely I will disagree. Netflix is getting pushback on multiple levels. Their woke programming is definitely one of those. Losing 200k subscribers hurts. Disney is absolutely losing business due to their woke nature. The potential loss of their tax status in Florida is 100% due to sticking their nose into woke politics.

Nobody is breaking a multiple billion dollar business by avoiding their product but if you think Disney and some of your list isn’t rethinking their actions you are nuts.

One year ago Disney was nearly touching 160 a share, today it’s nearly touching 100 a share. Obviously you can’t point to one single issue and the market clearly is down overall but that is a huge drop period. If you think Disney execs aren’t concerned by that broad drop and the multitude of potential reasons why, including wokeness, then you and I will just disagree.

Like I said before, the saying is an exaggeration when applied to huge multinational billion dollar corporations. It still can be applied, go woke, lose a significant chunk of otherwise avoidable business loss.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That bunch will leave when they find out there's no real meat at Taco Bell...

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post