SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Taco Bell goes woke with a DRAG Brunch
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taco Bell goes woke with a DRAG Brunch Login/Join 
posted
I am really getting sick of this stuff. I hope they really suffer financially over this.

https://www.tacobell.com/news/...ell-drag-brunch-tour

Introducing Taco Bell Drag Brunch: Multi-city events at select Taco Bell Cantinas across the country celebrating drag culture and the LGBTQIA+ community

Irvine, Calif. (April 25, 2022) – Taco Bell is rolling out the purple carpet for a new immersive fan experience: Drag Brunch. Starting in May, fans across the United States will be able to participate in “Taco Bell Drag Brunch,” a one-of-a-kind experience coming to Taco Bell Cantinas in select cities.

Each show will be hosted by the fabulous drag performer and taco extraordinaire, Kay Sedia, and feature performances from local queens and kings that will transform any morning from Mild to Fire! Fans who attend the event will be immersed in an environment featuring captivating visual backdrops, craveable breakfast menu items, thrilling lip syncs and extraordinary high kicks and dips.

As a brand that brings people together, the Taco Bell Drag Brunch experience is rooted in celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community and creating safe and welcoming spaces for all. To further its mission to break down barriers to education, the Taco Bell Foundation is supporting the It Gets Better Project with a grant to expand workforce readiness resources for LGBTQIA+ youth around the globe. Each Drag Brunch will have dedicated time spotlighting the It Gets Better Project and provide attendees with information on how they can get involved.

“We understand the importance of creating safe spaces for the LGBTQIA+ community and are thrilled to provide a unique experience that spotlights and celebrates the wonderful artform of drag and its influence in culture with their chosen families,” said Sean Tresvant, Global Chief Brand Officer at Taco Bell. “Taco Bell Drag Brunch was concepted by Live Más Pride, Taco Bell’s LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group, which has played a major role in driving awareness of and meaningfully supporting LGBTQIA+ communities both within Taco Bell and the communities we serve and operate in.”

The Live Más Pride Employee Resource Group started at Taco Bell Corp. in 2020 and is made up of over 100 members across the brand with a mission of making an impact by creating opportunities and engagements that elevate the voices, stories and experiences of its community both internally and externally. The Taco Bell Drag Brunch experience, which helps foster positive environments for the LGBTQIA+ community and its allies, was a natural extension of Live Más Pride’s mission.

The Taco Bell Drag Brunch tour will kick off on Sunday, May 1 at the Taco Bell Flagship Cantina in Las Vegas and will then move on to four additional cities. Reservations for the brunches will be available exclusively through OpenTable for ages 18 and up, with Taco Bell “Fire Tier” Rewards members gaining early access on April 26, before the general public depending on remaining availability. “Fire Tier” Rewards members are the brand’s most loyal member base and this is one of the many exclusive opportunities that these members have received--including gaining early access for the beloved Mexican Pizza two days before it’s available for everyone.

Taco Bell Drag Brunch Tour Dates:

Las Vegas Cantina: Sunday, May 1
Chicago, Wrigleyville Cantina: Sunday, May 22
Nashville Cantina: Sunday, May 29
New York, Times Square Cantina: Sunday, June 12
Fort Lauderdale Cantina: Sunday, June 26
"What started nearly twelve years ago as an effort to provide hope and encouragement to young LGBTQ+ people has become a global movement to uplift and empower queer youth before they're in crisis,” said Brian Wenke, Executive Director of the It Gets Better Project. “We are beyond excited to partner with Taco Bell and the Taco Bell Foundation to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community through the Drag Brunch experience and to collaborate on programming designed to engage LGBTQ+ youth around their career aspirations and future potential."

It wouldn’t be brunch without delicious breakfast and refreshing bubbly, so attendees can expect Taco Bell breakfast, including the new $5 Bell Breakfast Box and new Cinnabon Delights® Coffee, mimosas (please drink responsibly) and more.

# #

About Taco Bell Corp.
For more information about Taco Bell, visit our website at www.TacoBell.com/news or at www.TacoBell.com/popular-links. You can also stay up to date on all things Taco Bell by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Taco Bell’s Twitter, Taco Bell News’ Twitter, TikTok and subscribing to our YouTube channel. For updates on how Taco Bell is navigating COVID-19, click here.

About Taco Bell Foundation
Taco Bell Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) public charity that helps break down barriers to educate and inspire the next generation of America’sleaders. Since 1992, the Taco Bell Foundation has reached more than 5 million young people across the country and has awarded more than $130 million in grants and scholarships, focused on education and career readiness.

For more information about the Taco Bell Foundation, visit www.tacobellfoundation.org.

About The It Gets Better Project
The It Gets Better Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that strives to uplift, empower and connect LGBTQ+ youth around the globe. Created in 2010 as the result of one of the most successful viral video campaigns in YouTube’s history, the It Gets Better Project provides critical support and hope to LGBTQ+ youth around the world by leveraging the power of media to reach millions of people each year. The project has expanded its origins in storytelling and media to include educational resources through It Gets Better EDU and reaches 19 countries outside of the U.S. through It Gets Better Global.

The project has garnered support from President Joe Biden, former President Barack Obama, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, along with numerous celebrities, including Kelly Clarkson, Gabrielle Union, Zachary Quinto, Mj Rodriguez, Josie Totah, and Gigi Gorgeous. More than 750,000 people have taken the It Gets Better pledge to share messages of hope and speak up against intolerance. Please visit itgetsbetter.org for more information, and join the conversation on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter at @ItGetsBetter; Facebook.com/ItGetsBetterProject; and YouTube.com/ItGetsBetterProject.

Posts: 12738 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just watch how well this will fly for their business model and earnings. Get woke, go broke in practice.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to Taco Bell in several months. I guess I won't be going any time soon, either.

I am "tolerant" of LGBTQ+ people to the extent that it they don't throw it in my face I'll be polite to them. They will not enter my zone of close friends nor am I accepting of their lifestyle choices.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Oh darn, won't be coming to a city near me, surprise.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several other places to get lunch.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm just saying there are other places to get lunch. No need to eat there if you choose not to do so. Very few Taco Bells exist without direct line of sight to a McDonalds, Wendys, or a Waffle House.

Of course, I'm a bigoted homophobe for even saying anything here, aren't I? I admit that I am incapable of teaching my 2-year old great-granddaughter how to properly put a condom on her playmate(s), so I should probably just shut up and let the fudge-packers and carpet-munchers take over the public school curriculum.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Two words:

No bueno.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This insanity has become more and more pervasive. When will there be a watershed moment that returns normalcy and traditional moral values to society?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
very soon...............metaphorically speaking

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Once again, normal people that make up the vast majority of the population are being inundated with this shit for a far smaller slice of the population to force acceptance. This is really an attack on our children rather than on us.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The only reason I can think of to eat at Taco Bell is to cure constipation.

Posts: 26941 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might be thinking about this the wrong way. I don’t think they are going to have a lunch for a bunch of drag queens. They are going to have drag queens preform while you eat lunch.

There has been a huge success with drag queen bingo. Many schools and club are hosting these events. I know many deeply conservative people who have loved drag queen bingo. It’s a show and performance, nothing more. They were not trying to force their lifestyle down your throat.

Dave Chapelle telling tranny jokes is funny. Trannys telling Dave Chappelle jokes is also funny.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Just watch how well this will fly for their business model and earnings. Get woke, go broke in practice.

This mantra gets tossed around here and other places.
Yet I am not familiar with it actually happening nor has an example of it actually happening to an established company of any size Gigantic, Large, medium, small, ever been highlighted.

Ones that get/got tossed around here:
Dick’s
Black Rifle Coffee
Netflix
Disney
Carhartt
Gillette
I am sure there are a few I have missed
Now Taco Bell

None of these companies have gone broke not even close. Maybe some have seen a very small drop in profits but certainly nothing that has made them change their ways or make other companies think about not doing it.
What will happen with Disney is yet to be seen fully but they certainly aren’t going broke that is for sure.

So I am not sure why this phrase continues to be parroted.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25443 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
This insanity has become more and more pervasive. When will there be a watershed moment that returns normalcy and traditional moral values to society?

I've been wondering the same.
Perhaps we end up like Sodom and Gomorrah.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least they are bringing back the Mexican Pizza

NRA Life Member

Posts: 241 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I will never understand how a business can think that catering to 5 or 6 percent of the population and essentially telling the rest how to live is a good thing for their business.

Ah well, I never ate there unless I was desperate anyway.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
No more Taco Bell in this family!

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Yep. Why any business would cater to a group that is:
1) only 3 - 3.5 percent of the general population with most no doubt concentrated in large cities
2) has the potential of driving away many "straight" people (see Flashguy's post)
3) an action that in the end will probably not endear the targeted group to their business as it may well be seen by it as a ploy.

If it where my business, I'd just leave the subject be and be tolerant of any of this group that does patronize. When we had our business, there were several obviously gay people that where regular customers. We treated them just like any other person and with respect. It seemed to work out fine. Of course that was some 20 years ago and things have changed quite a bit.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I contracted food poisoning from Taco Bell just before our first anniversary 21 years ago, haven't been back since.

Posts: 774 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant hurt their bottom line - No one eats there anyway. We have a ton of Mexican restaurants here and they all seem to do OK - except Taco Bell.

Posts: 585 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We haven't eaten there in years. Now we have another excuse to pass them by.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post