SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thing is a massive glacier. It's moving, but so slowly, one cannot perceive it. But, now it seems the ice-flow is moving down the valley, and it may be that we shall soon see that our patience was worth it.

I know that there are many people who are understandably cynical about our government these days and feel as if there is no longer any justice, and no one in power is interested in the truth, but I have a feeling that we may be in for a big surprise.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I have faith in Horowitz and even more so in Huber.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
...and even more so in Huber.
Well, compact cars are fine but he rates a limousine if you ask me.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
At bottom of previous page there is a post about Justice Dept investigating ex-Senate Intel staffer.

There may be a link to this story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...-records-seized.html

Justice Dept. Seizes Times Reporter’s Email and Phone Records in Leak Investigation

Federal law enforcement officials secretly seized years’ worth of a New York Times reporter’s phone and email records this year in an investigation of classified information leaks.

A prosecutor notified Ms. Watkins on Feb. 13 that the Justice Department had years of customer records and subscriber information from telecommunications companies, including Google and Verizon, for two email accounts and a phone number of hers. Investigators did not obtain the content of the messages themselves. The Times learned on Thursday of the letter, which came from the national security division of the United States attorney’s office in Washington.

Shortly before she began working at The Times, F.B.I. agents approached Ms. Watkins seeking information about a previous three-year romantic relationship with James A. Wolfe, the Senate Intelligence Committee’s former director of security, saying they were investigating unauthorized leaks.

She did not answer their questions. Mr. Wolfe stopped performing committee work in December and retired in May.

Mr. Wolfe declined to comment. The F.B.I. is investigating Mr. Wolfe as part of the inquiry into leaks of classified information, people familiar with the matter confirmed.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
F.B.I. agents approached Ms. Watkins seeking information about a previous three-year romantic relationship with James A. Wolfe, the Senate Intelligence Committee’s former director of security, saying they were investigating unauthorized leaks.

#himtoo

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Romantic relationship

Unauthorized leaks

he he he

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Its coming. Im enjoying the suspense. I think trumps slow walking it for sure. Make these losers look as corrupt as possible and mainstream for the midterm election.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Romantic relationship

Unauthorized leaks

he he he

And text messages and emails.....it sounds so familiar....... Big Grin

I have seen a couple articles already on Yahoo "explaining" that the IG Report will be basically a war of words between the two parties. They are already in CYA mode.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more on Ali Watkins

(seen on Undercover Huber)

In Mar 2017 she worked for Buzzfeed

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ampht...estigated-by-the-fbi

Former Top Trump Aide Mike Flynn Was Investigated By The FBI, Source Says

15 Mar 2017 Ali Watkins

The FBI was investigating former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn as recently as December, a high-level US intelligence official has told BuzzFeed News.

The bureau was prepared to close the investigation into Flynn until “the Logan Act stuff,” the official said, referring to phone calls in late December where Flynn reportedly discussed US sanctions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

The source brought up the Flynn investigation after BuzzFeed News asked if clear evidence existed tying Trump to Moscow. The official then mentioned the FBI investigation into Flynn. It was not clear if the FBI’s probe was a counterintelligence investigation.

Flynn’s phone calls with Kislyak, first reported by the Washington Post, were a potential violation of the Logan Act, which forbids private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. At the time of the calls with Kislyak, the Trump team had not yet taken over the US government, and Flynn had yet to take up his new public official role. The Logan Act has never been used to prosecute anyone.

That an investigation was already up and running in December indicates there was concern among the intelligence community about Flynn’s loyalties before his phone calls with Kislyak. After the nature of those calls was revealed by the Post in January, Flynn quickly left the White House for misrepresenting the nature of the calls to Vice President Mike Pence.

It remains unknown when the FBI first started investigating Flynn and whether the probe has since been closed. In addition to fostering ties with Moscow — a longtime commentator on the Kremlin’s state-run news channel Russia Today, Flynn dined with Russian President Vladimir Putin during a trip to Moscow in 2015 — Flynn was also retained by a Turkish lobbying firm, a position he maintained while serving as Trump’s confidant.

Flynn, whose security clearance was only recently revoked, maintained access to classified information throughout the course of the campaign. The FBI investigation remained open at least until December, according to the intelligence official, at which point Flynn — who was named as Trump’s pick for national security adviser in November — was attending high-level national security briefings and accessing classified information.

Rumors have shot through Washington for months about whether the FBI was openly investigating Trump or any of his associates as a counterintelligence threat.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

reminder Buzzfeed had released the dossier 10 Jan 2017

Here in Mar 2017, Buzzfeed asks "if clear evidence existed tying Trump to Moscow"

I can't think of another American who could have survived the onslaught of the massive conspiracy to take him down.

But let's hope the team working to defend Donald Trump and expose the conspiracy is growing every day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

completely off the wall observation. Below the linked Buzzfeed article are other stories.

One is "A Small Dog Famous For Taunting A Local Crocodile Has Been Eaten"

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
well, that was fast.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-possible-leaks.html

A former security director for the Senate Intelligence Committee was indicted on charges of giving false statements to FBI agents looking into possible leaks of classified information, the Justice Department announced Thursday night.

James A. Wolfe, 58, served as the panel's security director for 29 years, according to the feds.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/...or-indicted/21209054

James A. Wolfe, 58, was indicted for lying to the FBI about repeated contact with reporters, according to a statement from the Justice Department.

At the time he made the alleged false statements to the FBI, Wolfe was Director of Security for the SSCI, a position he held for about 29 years. In this position, Wolfe had access to classified secret and top secret information and was responsible for safeguarding all classified information in the possession of the SSCI.

Wolfe is alleged to have lied to FBI agents in December 2017 about his repeated contacts with three reporters, including through his use of encrypted messaging applications, the statement reads. Wolfe is alleged to have made false statements to the FBI about providing two reporters with non-public information related to the matters occurring before the SSCI, the statement reads.

Wolfe was arrested Thursday and is expected to make his first appearance Friday in federal court.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen this before, thanks for posting, sdy.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from Wolfe indictment

MALE-1 was Carter Page

Here is Ali Watkins with her "brilliant" discovery on 3 April 2017 with Rachel Maddow

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightl...n-spies-913292867813

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The U.S. Attorney who brought the indictment is Jessie Liu. She was appointed by PDT last September

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a couple of swamp dwellers have been exposed.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here is the indictment.

He better have an awfully good story.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-d...ile/1069836/download

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

https://twitter.com/robbystarb.../1004929257250811909

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
A surprisingly fast rise to being a National Security Correspondent for NY Times - Ms Watkins was an intern in 2013, when she started schtupping Wolfe. A real head-scratcher here is what exactly are the qualifications the NY Times was looking at for the job...

The indictment of Wolfe indicates that lying to the FBI about his relationship with Ms. Watkins (REPORTER #2 in the indictment) is the basis for the arrest. It outlines the genesis of the relationship and the meteoric rise of Ms. Watkins from journalism major to a prestigious beat at the New York Times:

13. During in or around 2013 and in or around 2014, REPORTER #2 was an undergraduate student serving as an intern with a news service [McClatchy] in Washington, D.C.

14. In approximately December 2013, WOLFE and REPORTER #2 began a personal relationship that continued until in or around December 2017.

15. From in or around mid-2014 through in or around December 2017, REPORTER #2 was employed in Washington, D.C. by several different news organizations covering national security matters, including matters relating to the SSCI. During this period, REPORTER #2 published dozens of news articles about SSCI and its activities.

Watkins went from an intern at McClatchy to BuzzFeed, where she made a big name for herself with this story of April 3, 2017. The tone is apparent from the lead paragraphs:

A former campaign adviser for Donald Trump met with and passed documents to a Russian intelligence operative in New York City in 2013.

The adviser, Carter Page, met with a Russian intelligence operative named Victor Podobnyy, who was later charged by the US government alongside two others for acting as unregistered agents of a foreign government. The charges, filed in January 2015, came after federal investigators busted a Russian spy ring that was seeking information on US sanctions as well as efforts to develop alternative energy. Page is an energy consultant.

She went from BuzzFeed to Politico, and then, in December 2017, to national security correspondent of the New York Times.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...s.html#ixzz5HrBFc8c2

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
He’s 58 now, was 53 in 2013 when she was an undergraduate student and they began a relationship. Ew yuck!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Some time ago Para's CUT was something like "Wanted: ropemakers and guillotine builders."

I'm curious. Are those positions still open, and if so, where do I send a résumé?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
A surprisingly fast rise to being a National Security Correspondent for NY Times - Ms Watkins was an intern in 2013, when she started schtupping Wolfe. A real head-scratcher here is what exactly are the qualifications the NY Times was looking at for the job...

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06...ted-senate-official/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It’s situations like this where the best man for the job is apparently a woman.

We had a huge builder decades ago from whom we at this title company never got any business. It was all going to one of the competitors whose salesperson was an attractive woman.

The Regional Veep had pestered this guy for years. Finally, he goes to him and asks, “what do I have to do to earn some of your business?”

The builder replies, “you can’t do what she does!”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post