SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Midterm Elections I Voted Check In Here (2018 Senate-Rep, House-Dem)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midterm Elections I Voted Check In Here (2018 Senate-Rep, House-Dem) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Dropped the absentee ballot off at the clerk recorder’s office Monday. Voted as RED as I could in commiefornia. Had to do absentee one year because of a trip and have never looked back. You get the ballot early and have plenty of time to do all the research you want, mark it in your home at your convenience, then mail it back (if you trust the mail with important stuff), drop it at the clerk recorder’s office anytime prior to the election during business hours, or drop it at any polling place on Election Day. What’s not to like?

Posts: 6929 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Went to early voting here in TX.

0900, no line whatsoever, and brisket being smoked across the street

she asked for my ID,

had me sign a roll,

and handed me a paper voting ballot,

voted,

thing was scanned in,

got a sticker.

Done. And I'm soooooo happy about having to show an ID here in TX-nothing like the shenanigans I saw in NC

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11311 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Voted today in SC, surprised at the turnout, took about 30 minutes to get to my turn.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted Monday, in Boca Raton...was the youngest in line @ age 61. BR is heavily 'D' but there were no issues to be had. Maybe the 'fossils' didn't want to take on a young (relatively) young turk. Pulled into the lot @ 1:31pm and was back in the car @ 1:55. Went very smoothly, d/l was scanned (yea!), ballots handed out, did the deed, deposited them into the box, OTD. Quite different from '16 when there were many more peeps (it was on Election Day) with a big amount of DJT bashing amongst themselves.

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Voted last week, hoping to gain a senate seat in MO.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Wife and I voted yesterday. Pretty steady flow while we were there.

We joke because my wife is a touch liberal, but she reminded me she is a registered republican Smile

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11451 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put my absentee ballot in the mail today.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Voted the other day. Early voting is much quicker than the day of.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early voted in WV. We went straight Republican.

Posts: 5770 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four from my house voted on Sunday. Love how Collin county allows early voting on a Sunday.

Anxious to see the vote counting begin.

John

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Going to be out of town next week. Mailed my vote in last week.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8034 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Done.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Done. Now I am on a week long trip and no longer have to hear campaign commercials. Ahhhhhh.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Brisket across the street you say? What do I need to do to get brisket at my voting location. Hell that might swing my vote. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7706 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Went to early voting here in TX.

0900, no line whatsoever, and brisket being smoked across the street

she asked for my ID,

had me sign a roll,

and handed me a paper voting ballot,

voted,

thing was scanned in,

got a sticker.

Done. And I'm soooooo happy about having to show an ID here in TX-nothing like the shenanigans I saw in NC

I voted YES to an amendment to require ID for voting in NC. I haven't read the whole thing, but on the surface it's a no-brainer to me.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11451 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Early voting here up by 85,000 votes over 2014 in this county. About 185K votes this year vs 100K in 2014. That could simply mean more people voting early vs an overall larger number of votes to be cast.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3770 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Straight ticket baby. Double checked, triple checked. Smile

Posts: 1805 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
My county requires me to vote by because of where I live. I don't like mailing the ballot so I dropped it off last night after work.

Hope it helps make a difference this year (CA).

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I did mine today.
Raining hard.
In and out in 15 minutes.
Easy when you vote straight ticket.
Smile

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I had my brisket 1st then voted. Handed her my ID, signed the rolls and proceeded to the machine. Checked strait R ticket then scrolled each screen to confirm no shenanigans with the machine. Double checked each summary page then pushed the red button. In and out in 5 minutes.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post