SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Burger King Ruined Their Whopper
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burger King Ruined Their Whopper Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
The Burger King Whopper has been my absolute favorite fast food type thing since I was a teen.

I more recently had laid off a lot of that fast food type stuff, but had a Whopper around a month or six weeks ago and couldn’t quite put my finger on it what was different. Then a few weeks ago I stopped with my boys and had one and again there was something different about it and not for the better, it just didn’t taste as good something was off about it.

Today I had another craving for one and was off so while out doing errands I stopped at my local BK and had a Whopper. Halfway through I finally realized what they had done to it. They switched out the real mayonnaise for a (disgusting) Miracle Whip-like goop. Frown

I’m sure it was because Miracle Whip is cheaper because it has less vegetable oil in it than mayo and vegetable oil is very expensive as are eggs right now.

That stuff is way more tangy though, and it completely changed the flavor. I guess I’ll have to put my own mayo on at home or just avoid them in the future.

Has anyone else noticed something like this with something they love?

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Domino's Pizza and Pizza Hut are shit compared to 20 years ago.

Also, Miracle Whip SUCKS. Tell them to skip that crap and put some Dukes on it at home.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17287 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My son brought me home a Whopper last week. First one I had it a couple of years. Wasn't the Whopper that I had remembered. I won't be buying another one. Tasted terrible.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4016 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody famous said
If you always do what you've always done,
You will always get what you've always got.

So I wonder if ,in the myriad new sandwiches on the fast food market.

Perhaps Whoppers are not cutting it as well as they once did.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54672 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I honestly think it’s a cost cutting move, they need to shave off every penny they can by substituting cheaper miracle whip, they can save maybe a few pennies per Whopper.

I also had to laugh at the fries they served me, they are so ridiculously stingy now. The container was literally like half filled, looks like someone in the back had started eating them already.

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Did it taste sweeter?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Perhaps Whoppers are not cutting it as well as they once did.

I’m often genuinely surprised BK is still in business. Most have closed around here; the ones left are hardly ever busy and, when I’ve been forced to go to the ones left (thru work a couple years ago) , the food’s been awful.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Did it taste sweeter?

Very much more tangy and sickly sweet, yes

Completely change the flavor in my opinion of a good Whopper.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember the Carrols Club Burger?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8927 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I could never explain why the whopper jr. always tasted better to me than the whopper.
Either way, they all sit in my stomach for hours making me regret my decision.

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Ask to have it your way. Big Grin

Posts: 9056 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
<snip>
Today I had another craving for one and was off so while out doing errands I stopped at my local BK and had a Whopper. Halfway through I finally realized what they had done to it. They switched out the real mayonnaise for a (disgusting) Miracle Whip-like goop. Frown
<snip>

That’ll make flashguy happy. He much prefers Miracle Whip to mayo. I much prefer mayo, but when it comes to food it’s each cat in his own bag.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8985 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
They are saving 1 penny and pissing off heretofore dedicated consumers. Smart? I kinda like BK whopper but haven't had one in probably 5 years. If I cave, I'll order sans the MW or any other objectional toppings. Maybe pick up some mayo packets from Wendy's or other FF outlets.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
in this area, soem BK's are better than other,

I think they are closing a few outlets here and there, but the one's near me I frequent are still running,

one is always good, one is iffy somedays,

however I have not noticed a change in the sauce here, (but will pay more attention next time)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
PASig- Butterflies, puppies, Jesus and sno-cones

Stop complaining about everything

From you, I want to hear happy talk.

Butterflies, puppies, Jesus and sno-cones

Posts: 107659 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Anyone remember the Carrols Club Burger?

I certainly do. That was my first fast food job in High School.
Carrols had it all - burgers, fried chicken, roast beef sandwiches on a torpedo bun, etc.

I bet FN in MT remembers it too. He and I have had this discussion before -the Carrols I worked at in NJ was in the same town where he started his LE career.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Speaking of sno-cones, who here has had real Hawaiian shave ice?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’m sure it was because Miracle Whip is cheaper ...

I don't know where you do your shopping, but I just paid $10.99 for a jar of Miracle Whip. That ain't cheap!

We do agree on the old Whopper with cheese being the best burger there was. They have changed, but I don't think it's the Miracle Whip. The buns have definitely changed to a much firmer one. The old ones were nice and soft. And the burger is definitely thinner than they used to be.

Posts: 20121 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Over the years the Whopper has changed way more than the shitty condiment. Hamburger quality has decreased, the sear on the beef like substance has decreased, the bun quality has decreased, etc.
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Speaking of sno-cones, who here has had real Hawaiian shave ice?
Me. I've been to Hawaii 7 times and not coincidentally that number matches living through 7 winters in Alaska and Canada.

I'm pretty sure one of the places I had Hawaiian shaved ice was burnt to the ground during the Maui wild fires this past week.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There's something about true Hawaiian shave ice. It's more than just flavor. It's texture.....vanishing texture. It is like placing frozen lace in your mouth and feeling it melt away. I don't know how they do it. It's not granular like the sno-cones and sugar water at the county fair or the drag races. Perhaps if snow flakes were the size of a tablespoon that could describe it.

My first Hawaiian shave ice was in Lahaina, Maui. It was sold at a little shack which must surely now be in cinders as is likely the henna tattoo shop just 20 feet away. The young lady operating the tattoo shop was a transplant from Chicago. She was on vacation on Maui many years before, fell in love with the island and never flew back home. She gave my youngest a brilliantly crafted tribal armband henna tattoo while we savored our shave ice and watched. It was almost a shame that the tattoo would wear away after two weeks, it was such art.

We walked to the Lahaina city hall building after and enjoyed the banyan tree which was planted 150 years ago. What a marvelous creation it is. I understand it will survive the wildfire though it is extensively damaged. Anyway, later on we went to the old Lahaina Luau for dinner and entertainment. I must say, of all of the vacations Mrs DF and I have been on around the world, Our time in Maui was the most enchanting. We seriously almost did what our tattoo artist did.

So that's my butterflies, puppies, Jesus and sno-cones story for ya. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post