SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have a Scammer Hooked, What Should I Send Them?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I have a Scammer Hooked, What Should I Send Them? Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
If you can get them on the phone....

https://www.robokiller.com/blog/custom-answer-bots/

posted Hide Post
I always keep used iTunes gift cards around for some reason and I’ve used them before to mess with scammers.

Before they were too big, I’d give the phone to my toddlers and let them tell them stories about their toys and poop... Big Grin

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Keep sending them real pics of the front of the cards. Then after teh frustration level builds, send pics of the back but without the auth number security stuff scrapped of (ie, so they cannot see the auth number).

Start getting frustrated with them.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick Roll them.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Send them 9 pics of a male primary sexual characteristic.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, why waste time with garbage?

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Man, why waste time with garbage?

It's fun on slow days.

I took a call once a year ago, guy said I had won $500,000.00, yep $500K! And all i had to do was send $15 walmart gift card for shipping. So I thanked the guy and told him, rather than me sending the gift card, I would give him $40,000.00 as a tip, and he would pay the shipping. Blew the guys mind, he kept going back to the gift card, and I kept telling him he was now $40K richer!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Apparently you're bored, take a nap...

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Send him 9 pictures of Amazon women.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
at some point, send him pics of police creds.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Our purchasing agent fell for this exact spoof, put over $3k on his personal credit card.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Report This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
Send picture of amazon cards, but slightly out of focus, then if you are good at photoshop, slightly blur several of the characters so you can't tell if it's 0 or an O or G or 6, etc . That way they will have enter the number trying all different combinations.

Posts: 2122 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Got some scammer like this to my school e-mail account. They wanted an address to send the checks to so I told them 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, DC 20500... Never heard back from them.

If I get a chance next time I'm going to tell them 1060 W. Addison. Chicago, IL 60613.

posted Hide Post
Funny.

In the end, as much as I've WANTED to mess with the scammers, I figured if they have my contact email they could overwhelm it with spam, send increasingly vicious viruses, etc. As payback. So I usually send them a single "eff off email" and block the email address.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Got some scammer like this to my school e-mail account. They wanted an address to send the checks to so I told them 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, DC 20500... Never heard back from them.

If I get a chance next time I'm going to tell them 1060 W. Addison. Chicago, IL 60613.

They like a good goat related tip.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I'd start taking pictures of Starbucks gift cards, McDonalds, Wendy's...

GO to the local walmart or grocery store, they have a rack of fast food, movie theatre gift cards and the like.

WHen they ask tell them they didn't have Amazon, so you got them Starbucks instead and send them those pics...

THen repeat it when they get mad and ask again.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Not even sure what they just asked for now.

Their reply was "Please send them in a pair of two each."

So I responded "I’m confused a pair of two each would be 4, but I have 9 cards so there will be one left over. Should I get 3 more so that I can send 3 pairs of 2 each?"

When you get done with playing them you might want to unplug your equipment for at least two hours. If the scammers have your ISP number they may be able to get into your computer and do you harm. Unplug computer, modem, printer,etc., all of it. When you turn it back on your ISP number changes. My computer guy told me this is a good way to help keep out hackers or viruses.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The video of President Trump's inauguration.

Explain you got a great deal on the cards because the code is embedded in the video. You watch the video and write down the card numbers as they appear.

The next one should be Felonia Von Pantsut's testimony about Benghazi.

The third James Comey's exoneration of Felonia Von Pantsuit.

Then start linking random videos, stuff like Time Cube.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31474 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
f I get a chance next time I'm going to tell them 1060 W. Addison. Chicago, IL 60613.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who gets the mail at Wrigley?

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post