SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have a Scammer Hooked, What Should I Send Them?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I have a Scammer Hooked, What Should I Send Them? Login/Join 
posted
I received a spoofed email on my work email and since I'm sitting here working on documents anyway I figured I'd have a little fun.

They want me to purchase and send them pictures of the back of 9 $100 Amazon gift cards. So far I've replied 3x saying they are attached, and they've grown increasingly frustrated. Now I've just sent them 9 attachments of blank screens Big Grin

What next? A full moon pic?

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not even sure what they just asked for now.

Their reply was "Please send them in a pair of two each."

So I responded "I’m confused a pair of two each would be 4, but I have 9 cards so there will be one left over. Should I get 3 more so that I can send 3 pairs of 2 each?"

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
What are they promising you in return for the pics?

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So what's allegedly is in it for you to send these?

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell them you're work with amazon and it would take too long to take pictures of 1000 gift cards. Then ask if you can just send the cards COD. Then ship a bunch of rocks that they have to pay for.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
call the feds and ask them

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54689 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Pictures of coupons for... diapers... Burger King... Lasik... motor oil...
Picture of address of a random bank or link.
Boxes of Haribo Sugar-free Gummi Bears

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They spoofed a high up in the company's email address, though its not even in our domain so not very well.

He's supposedly in a meeting and needs these gift cards ASAP.

Again, not really believable, but gives me a mental break every few minutes when they respond.

posted Hide Post
I'm trying to find a good rick roll link to send them at the end.

Anyone know where that one is that every time you close it, it opens another?

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Attach 9 Goatse photos (Don't search for it unless you like projectile vomiting).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Attach 9 Goatse photos (Don't search for it unless you like projectile vomiting).

LOL, I'm trying to keep it somewhat PG as it is my work account, but I'll keep that as a last resort.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
You need some pics of some used Amazon gift card. Let the suckers enter them just to find out they are used. They will likely re-enter them thinking they entered the wrong number.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
You should have him send you copies of Amazon gift cards so that you can see how he wants you to do it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15728 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent them some pics of gift cards from online where the code was partially peeled off. They didn't have any concerns about it. I don't think they're even looking at the images, just taking them and filing them away or something.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Send the front in pairs. That will get them even more. I'm sure Google images will have a pic or 2.

Posts: 12473 | Registered: October 13, 2002Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Ask them if you can send them $10,000 in Bitcoin instead because it's easier and have them send you back the change.

Posts: 9538 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
you can send them my future ex wife's name dob social address and phone number

Posts: 915 | Registered: November 06, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy sending cat photos to annoying people. Everyone likes cat pictures!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You know what the best part of this is? For every minute they waste on you, they're not bending some schmuck over.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You're obviously having technical problems that you can't solve. Send them a request for $1,307.69 in Bitcoin so you can get the equipment you need to help them.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post