SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portable Jump Starter Recommendation
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portable Jump Starter Recommendation Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
NOCO is a good one. I have the GB-40. Another SIGforum member has a different brand, tried to start my GMC 3500 truck 5.7L V-8, did not work. My NOCO started it instantly.

MSRP is $125 for this, Amazon is $99, email from WOOT! has it for $79 today.

Link

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 2 as gifts.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I just tossed out a few jump boxes, they worked well for a couple of years then crapped out.
A set of heavy gauge 16' cables went back in the trunk, still need to get another box.

We use this one at work to start semi engines, it's a beast.
https://www.amazon.com/GOODALL...&smid=A1AUFI5NHGNZ61

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Are there any of these that are NOT made in China?
I wanted one made in the U.S. Best I could find was NOCO.
quote:
The NOCO Genius chargers and jump starters are designed in the United States of America and assembled in various countries around the world. All product support is based in the United States.
Trying to decipher the NOCO website, I think that design, engineering, sales, support, etc. are U.S. based and actual manufacturing is Hong Kong.

I believe mine says made in Malaysia.

I wound up getting a NOCO GB70, it also says Made in Malaysia. Still not domestic, but at least it's not from China.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After my Audew starter didn’t ‘make it back’ from a ski trip that my wife went on Mad and I replaced it with a GOOLOO GP4000 purchased from WalMart for $93.00.

GOOLOO 4000A Peak 26800mAh 12V Car Jump Starter

I have not used it yet but the Project Farm guy gave a similar GOOLOO unit (which has a digital display) a strong review.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cookster,

Posts: 3490 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
This is the one I got.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5342 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post