Main Page
The Lounge
Doomsday clock is ticking. You *think* you have all the guns you want or need, but in 7 mo you can’t buy another gun ever. What do you get?Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…![]() |
WA state “permit to purchase” takes effect May 1 2027. I’m of the mind to refuse participation. I got pistols, mostly .45acp/9mm, .357Sig barrel, got .22lr covered, long guns in .223/.308/.45-70/12 gauge. 9mm/.22 cans. Clock is running, lots already restricted in this state, what should a man not live without? Can’t budget without a shopping list. What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand??? | ||
|
| Member |
Backup pieces are most on my mind at the moment. For instance, a second and maybe a third P-229 in case I need them. I have several Glocks already. Do you have spare AR's? And, of course, mags since they may be limited at some point. -------------------------- Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H L Mencken I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is. -- JALLEN 10/18/18 | |||
|
Striker in waiting![]() |
For a true EOTWAWKI scenario, I’ve always wanted a good magazine-fed, bolt action .50BMG. It could ge useful to have the ability to crack an engine block at range or even take down a helicopter in an extreme situation. -Rob I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888 A=A | |||
|
| If you see me running try to keep up |
Real MP5 with super safety installed. It is reliable and proven, it can be used for home or vehicle defense, ammo is common and plentiful and it would be fun to shoot. | |||
|
| Member |
One needs a mix, handguns big & small, various sizes. Then rifles, at least 22, midsized 223ish, then larger, 308+. After that shotguns. As a hunter I’d go more, muzzle-loaders, black powder guns adds to options for tags or seasons. One may be a collector of sorts. Even if I don’t need a gun, if someone wants to sell me an $800 iron at half price, I’ll take it. In a true SHTF scenario, not very practical to be toting 25 guns around. That could apply even if just evacuating for a natural disaster. | |||
|
| Member |
Reserve the right to handle and rent the new SIG P385. If that turns out to be a no go do the same for the CZ TS3 Orange. Maybe a 380 pocket pistol also. | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
A Sherman Tank... https://x.com/TruckerDanUSA/st.../2100953318151307582 ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Member |
I would add a .338 Win mag and a fine double barrel 20 gauge. Also, no collection is complete without a nice .357 revolver (or 2 - one double action and one single action) and while you are at it you might as well add a nice .357 lever action to the list. Throw in a lightweight J frame as well. I think the only other thing I might add is a good high-capacity 10mm. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love. - 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 | |||
|
Member![]() |
At that point, I would move. The pot is warming up faster...and the majority of people who vote in WA do not think like you and it is literally a matter of time before they start outright outlawing specific firearms as "unsafe" or "public health hazard" and start enacting (idiot) laws where the possession of firearms is "unsafe" at gas stations, grocery stores, etc. and firearms will be confiscated. | |||
|
Diablo Blanco![]() |
A 338 Lapua and A 6.5 Creedmore to the list of things I would have on my shopping list. They would sit firmly behind a a 7.62 mini gattling gun and a 40mm auto grenade launcher. _________________________ "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last” - Winston Churchil | |||
|
| Green grass and high tides |
I remember you talking about moving to another state when you retired. I think you live in one of the most beautiful places in the country. With weather that I love. But the politics, yes we know. So I just mention that as you sound like you will be staying put with your question in this thread. In answer it really depends on what you see yourself potentially doing with said purchase. I think a large caliber, well scoped, suppressed long range rifle in something like burton said. .338win, Lupua, .300win. mag. .300PRC etc. That said you will be talking about something that could be 15lbs or more. And if you are recoil sensitive that could be and issue. And it is something you would need to be able to practice with. "Practice like you want to play in the game" | |||
|
| Freethinker |
My purchase in that vein some time ago was a Wilson Combat WC-10 (AR-10 type autoloader) in 6.5 Creedmoor when it was obvious where Colorado was going. I haven’t fired it much—less than 90 rounds thus far—and it’s hard to imagine that I would ever actually need* it for any foreseeable purpose, but I do have it, and doom on all Communist politicians. * That’s my “N-word” that I try to avoid. Even in my most imaginative days I never had desire for an antimateriel or very long range weapon for any reason, but based on my knowledge of external and terminal ballistics, there are better cartridges for the purposes than 50 BMG. “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” — Plato | |||
|
Member![]() |
9mm PCC is near the top of my list. Need to find the time [and budget] to go 'try on' a few. It was a CZ Scorpion for the longest time, but the Kuna has my eye more recently. The Enemy's gate is down. | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
Best way to not participate is to not give them any more of your tax money. Move ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
| No More Mr. Nice Guy |
A semiauto shotgun for shtf. Something with a decent capacity. As an older person, I might go 20 gauge. This would be for serious civil unrest home defense. A very concealable handgun if you don't have one. Something that disappears under any clothing in a prohibited environment. 380 Auto has some decent SD ammo choices, or a 9mm. Spare parts. Springs, BCG for an AR, etc. Though the trend nationally is very positive for 2A civil rights, making cash face to face purchases to stay off of lists we all know are being kept seems prudent. | |||
|
| Member |
I went back and read the OP again . It sounds like he has the basics covered. I can't suggest anything practical to add to the list . | |||
|
| Wait, what? |
This EXACTLY. I know it’s not always affordable, practical, or convenient but it’s a choice I’d make if the long term prognosis seems unchangeable. “Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown | |||
|
| Member |
I know that's the standard answer on gun forums, but I suspect few take that route. Minnesota, like WA, is getting more liberal by the year and I hate how it has changed in my lifetime. OTOH: I love my grandson too much to pick up and move over gun laws. The chance that I'll ever be in a firefight at my age where a hypothetical prohibited firearm or magazine would make a difference is close to zero. The chance that I'd miss him terribly is 100%. | |||
|
| Member |
A few years ago I bought a rifle in 375 Ruger, that’s even though my 300WSM is more gun than I normally need for anything. In my defense it was kinda a budget gun, low cost. In addition to that, I like to do the reloading with most cartridges. If the wildebeest(s) ever escape the sanctuary, I’ll be ready. | |||
|
| Member |
6.5 Creedmoor bolt action rifle. Really easy on shoulder compared to 308 win. Usually shows very good to exceptional accuracy in many different rifles. 9mm carbine. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|
Main Page
The Lounge
Doomsday clock is ticking. You *think* you have all the guns you want or need, but in 7 mo you can’t buy another gun ever. What do you get?
