SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Doomsday clock is ticking. You *think* you have all the guns you want or need, but in 7 mo you can’t buy another gun ever. What do you get?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Doomsday clock is ticking. You *think* you have all the guns you want or need, but in 7 mo you can’t buy another gun ever. What do you get? Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
12 gauge semi shotgun is a basic need, no one should be without one. Otherwise a 6.5 CM, as mentioned.

For defense a POF Revolution in 6.5 CM would be great. For hunting, a Seekins PH3 would be ideal.


-c1steve
 
Posts: 4368 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Redundancy of at least one handgun is a prudent suggestion, and one that I should consider doing myself. If one Glock 19 is good to have, then two are better!

Put a semi-auto shotgun towards the top of your list.


__________
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
 
Posts: 4121 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I remember you talking about moving to another state when you retired.

I think you live in one of the most beautiful places in the country. With weather that I love.

But the politics, yes we know. So I just mention that as you sound like you will be staying put with your question in this thread…



quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Best way to not participate is to not give them any more of your tax money.

Move



Yes, my absolute goal is to GTFO. However I have an 85yo mother-in-law in Adult Family Care and as long as she is still with us, we are stuck here. Vascular dementia, I am POA, and according to the doctors, she ain’t gonna die any time soon. Unlike Alzheimer’s, which progresses fairly predictably, vascular dementia can remain fairly stabilized until another stroke occurs. Her condition has been pretty much the same for 5 years.


As we are in our 60’s each year that goes by makes a cross-country relocation less plausible. Recent SCOTUS and DOJ activity has sparked a glimmer of hope, but changes through the court process can take years.



Realistically, I can’t think of anything I “need”. Even hard to think of something I “want”. Got pretty much the gamut of pistols, rifles, and shotguns yet only shoot a few times a year.


Honestly, I’ve been thinking about thinning the herd for the past couple of years, but the same laws make that difficult as well. Can’t imagine what will happen if I croak unexpectedly. I guess I should specifically bequeath everything to my daughter and grandson who are the only ones that would appreciate them.






What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???


 
Posts: 12302 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
IF it is truly doomsday..it's magazines and ammo you probably don't have enough of. Not guns.

Most people on these boards will have what they 'need'.

For me, it would be nice to have a few more suppressors, a bolt .308. Other than that, I just need more ammo and AR mags. I have many...but would rather have more.
 
Posts: 1456 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I think you already have plenty of guns. What you need more of is

A M M O!

Particullary in some of the less popular calibers.

As you can never have too much of that if you plan on living in a commie state.

And mags, plenty of mags.


------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
 
Posts: 7375 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
Real MP5 with super safety installed. It is reliable and proven, it can be used for home or vehicle defense, ammo is common and plentiful and it would be fun to shoot.


This.
I can't think of another firearm that is more fun to shoot than a select fire MP5.

I have just about everything I would ever need so ammunition would be my top priority.
Ammunition would be better than gold in a real doomsday scenario.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5661 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ammo, lots and lots of Ammo.

Parts for your existing guns might be wise, you never know what the communists in WA government will try and ban next.

Might even want to trade off or sell the other stuff you don't shoot and pick up a spare pistol of the one you do keep.
 
Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
Real MP5 with super safety installed. It is reliable and proven, it can be used for home or vehicle defense, ammo is common and plentiful and it would be fun to shoot.


This.
I can't think of another firearm that is more fun to shoot than a select fire MP5.

I have just about everything I would ever need so ammunition would be my top priority.
Ammunition would be better than gold in a real doomsday scenario.



MP5 is definitely sweet! A buddy and I had a chance to shoot full auto MP5 and a Tommy gun back in the ‘80s at a range in Vegas. Helluva story involving a cover model for a SOF type gun rag that worked there at the time and an impromptu topless photo shoot (her, not me) in the back room after the range time.

Yes, there are pics Cool


I’ll just have to make do with my MPX…






What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???


 
Posts: 12302 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:


MP5 is definitely sweet! A buddy and I had a chance to shoot full auto MP5 and a Tommy gun back in the ‘80s at a range in Vegas. Helluva story involving a cover model for a SOF type gun rag that worked there at the time and an impromptu topless photo shoot (her, not me) in the back room after the range time.

Yes, there are pics Cool


I’ll just have to make do with my MPX…


This post is worthless without pics, 911Boss. Big Grin

I also got to shoot them on a few occasions back in the ‘80s. At least 3 of the members of a local shooting club were class 3 dealers. Imagine the look on my face when I got a peak inside one of the members gun safe. 4 or 5 of those babies ready to go.
Several years before, in the true golden age of firearms, I was trying to decide between an MP5 or a Colt M16A1 Carbine. I ended up choosing the latter. Little did I know at the time what was going to happen in 1986.

I couldn't get over how soft shooting and controllable they were. These days, the real ones are out of reach for most folks.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5661 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If it were me and I were still in Washington state, I would Form 1 every rifle and shotgun I own, even if I didn't want to convert them over right now. Better to have an approved Form 1 and the parts to SBR/SBS if you want to later on than not be legally able to do so.

Now, how useful is a short barreled shotgun? I don't know, but I did an 870 and a Model 11 earlier this year and just bought a trade-in 870 Police Magnum today specifically to cut down to 14". A really short 12ga in the truck for longer road trips has been quite handy.

If you don't have a short barreled 9mm PCC, I think that's definitely something to have, in any flavor you prefer. Throw your R9 on it for extra grins. MP5? Great choice. AR9? Also great choice. Whatever you end up liking, that's a strong recommendation of mine for anyone, but for a Washingtonian staring down more political fuckery in particular.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
 
Posts: 19280 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
For anyone offering the “just move” advice mantra, I can only congratulate (or perhaps commiserate with) you on your situation that it would make it possible to do that yourself. That was true of me for decades, but no longer—and some people are evidently incapable of imagining any reasons why that might not be possible for some of us. To be charitable, that lack of imagination is the only thing I can think of that would prompt anyone to make such a thoughtless comment.

Yes, if I were warned that my house was about to be buried in 12 feet of Yellowstone volcano ash, I would figure something out, but that would impact me much more than the infringement of my rights to own magazines holding more than 15 rounds or to purchase an autoloading rifle without a “Mother, may I?” approval from the state.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49956 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I’ve always wanted a good magazine-fed, bolt action .50BMG.

-Rob

This was the answer for me as well.

And just like the 50AE Desert Eagle, it gets by the 10 round magazine limit.*

*if you needed more than ten of these rounds...




 
Posts: 10481 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
1. AR Style SBR with Can
2. 9mm Uzi-type with can
3. 50 cal bolt rifle, can

I know... a trend!


No quarter
.308/.223
 
Posts: 2621 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

This post is worthless without pics, 911Boss. Big Grin


I don’t think Para would approve Wink






What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???


 
Posts: 12302 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I have a few guns that I was absolutely sure I need but have never shot them. I don't even know if the work.
I guess at my age I not concerned about any in the future.


Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
 
Posts: 4726 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I'm late to the MP5 camp because it always seemed out of reach. I went the clone route with an AP5 and it's hella fun. I just picked up a tri-lug mount suppressor and FRT for it and expect to triple the fun factor.




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2465 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m probably ok, but given that scenario, I’d look for, or build, an SBR.


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14943 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Holsters and slings.
 
Posts: 1050 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm also in the "time to thin the herd" place. But if I had to choose something to get that I don't already have, it would be a PCC in .45ACP. Maybe an SBS, but given the tradeoff in capacity I don't really see a lot of use for one.
 
Posts: 8095 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I’m probably ok, but given that scenario, I’d look for, or build, an SBR.

I just bought one.
Colt M4 Commando 5.56mm Semi-Auto Short Barrel Rifle | 11.5" Barrel
Now I need an optic for it.



"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
 
Posts: 27377 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Doomsday clock is ticking. You *think* you have all the guns you want or need, but in 7 mo you can’t buy another gun ever. What do you get?

© SIGforum 2026