SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It’s my turn at the ER
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s my turn at the ER Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this, Mark! Hoping you can get the permanent fix soon! Prayers and well wishes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good Luck to you Mark.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Be careful. Catch up on some reading and binge watch some shows or movies. Since you are forced into a vacation, take it easy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43907 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Did they make you hop out of bed following the surgery? The minute it seemed I was awake following surgery they came in and told me to slowly get out of the bed and a short walk. Yea, it was extremely sensitive in that area after surgery but in the weeks to follow it abated fairly quickly. Those stitches were awfully itchy. I was particularly sensitive to lifting anything heavy or awkward for awhile.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
They put a plastic mesh inside me where my hernia was. At year 4.5, still working.
I have slight mesh pain but things are decent enough.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31426 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Did they make you hop out of bed following the surgery? The minute it seemed I was awake following surgery they came in and told me to slowly get out of the bed and a short walk. Yea, it was extremely sensitive in that area after surgery but in the weeks to follow it abated fairly quickly. Those stitches were awfully itchy. I was particularly sensitive to lifting anything heavy or awkward for awhile.
no surgery yet.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
They put a plastic mesh inside me where my hernia was. At year 4.5, still working.
I have slight mesh pain but things are decent enough.
i have mesh on the other side. It's been trouble-free for 9 years.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I forgot to report that I saw my PCP on Monday. He looked at my bulging gut, poked it, shrugged, poked it again and said "you need surgery". Thanks, Dr. Obvious.

I picked a surgeon, and had him send in a referral (required by insurance). Couldn't get a consultation until 9/1. I'll wait until then for the surgeon to tell me "you need surgery".

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, Mark. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I picked a surgeon, and had him send in a referral (required by insurance). Couldn't get a consultation until 9/1. I'll wait until then for the surgeon to tell me "you need surgery".

^^^^^^^^^
No, He will just ask why you waited so long.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post