SIGforum
It’s my turn at the ER

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1750058384

August 02, 2021, 08:17 PM
6guns
It’s my turn at the ER
I'm so sorry to hear this, Mark! Hoping you can get the permanent fix soon! Prayers and well wishes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
August 02, 2021, 09:59 PM
Sigfest
Good Luck to you Mark.
August 02, 2021, 10:06 PM
sigmonkey
Be careful. Catch up on some reading and binge watch some shows or movies. Since you are forced into a vacation, take it easy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
August 03, 2021, 10:09 AM
just1tym
Did they make you hop out of bed following the surgery? The minute it seemed I was awake following surgery they came in and told me to slowly get out of the bed and a short walk. Yea, it was extremely sensitive in that area after surgery but in the weeks to follow it abated fairly quickly. Those stitches were awfully itchy. I was particularly sensitive to lifting anything heavy or awkward for awhile.

Regards, Will G.
August 03, 2021, 11:14 AM
lbj
They put a plastic mesh inside me where my hernia was. At year 4.5, still working.
I have slight mesh pain but things are decent enough.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

August 03, 2021, 11:16 AM
mark123
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Did they make you hop out of bed following the surgery? The minute it seemed I was awake following surgery they came in and told me to slowly get out of the bed and a short walk. Yea, it was extremely sensitive in that area after surgery but in the weeks to follow it abated fairly quickly. Those stitches were awfully itchy. I was particularly sensitive to lifting anything heavy or awkward for awhile.
no surgery yet.
August 03, 2021, 11:18 AM
mark123
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
They put a plastic mesh inside me where my hernia was. At year 4.5, still working.
I have slight mesh pain but things are decent enough.
i have mesh on the other side. It's been trouble-free for 9 years.
August 13, 2021, 03:00 PM
mark123
I forgot to report that I saw my PCP on Monday. He looked at my bulging gut, poked it, shrugged, poked it again and said "you need surgery". Thanks, Dr. Obvious.

I picked a surgeon, and had him send in a referral (required by insurance). Couldn't get a consultation until 9/1. I'll wait until then for the surgeon to tell me "you need surgery".
August 13, 2021, 03:04 PM
12GA
Sorry to hear that, Mark. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

August 13, 2021, 03:21 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
I picked a surgeon, and had him send in a referral (required by insurance). Couldn't get a consultation until 9/1. I'll wait until then for the surgeon to tell me "you need surgery".

^^^^^^^^^
No, He will just ask why you waited so long.