SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What can you say of India as a ally and trading partner?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What can you say of India as a ally and trading partner? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
India is he next China. Too big for their own (or ours, or the world's) good.
India has a age advantage over China right now. The number of young educated people is vastly larger than the number of people that would be retirement age. However, China has a severe generational problem due to restricting the number of births for so long that they now have more retirement age people than they have actual workers. I see China heading towards a bubble and India having 30+ years of growth.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Good cannon fodder in the upcoming war with China...

Wish i was joking.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I think it is better to have India as a trading partner and ally than Communist China as a trading partner that is our enemy.

The Indian culture has issues, that affect the Indians as people, but that is true of all countries in the world, including ours. If you are aware of that, you can work with the country and it’s people within those limitations.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Sigforum member, let me say a few things. Yes, Indians come from a society that is very heirarical, and is very class based and caste based. The Indian phone scammers and the Indians that people see here in the USA who are scam artists, are usually some people from the 3rd low caste, and they are usually useless people who are inherently dishonest folks. Unfortunately, they are joined by politicians of all castes and all religions, who like US politicians are generally dishonest, treating the Govt as a way to illicitly make money. Yes, Indian govt , and Indian society is full of people who are just plain dishonest, people who will sell out their Moms if it means a payout will be the result.

But, the Indian Army and the paramilitary forces are usually staffed by guys from the Warrior caste or the Brahmin caste. They approach their service like the way Americans in the USMC or the USArmy do. Sure, the training leaves a lot to be worried about as compared to American troops, but, at least they have the right attitude. You normally dont see these type of Indians immigrating to the USA in large numbers. Most Indians in the US and who are scam artists are usually the low-class bastards.

I think, despite all its faulty ( and there are many), India is preferable as an ally in that part of the world, instead of the jihadi-infested country of Pakistan, which many Indians, like myself, just cant seem to understand why the US Govt over many decades has tried to ally with Pakistan.
Thanks.
-Sid

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think it worthwhile to curry favor with India.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I sikh what you did there, but you should tikka break from the puns.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think India is going to be a very strategic ally against China for many years to come.

I'm kind of surprised at the amount of shitting on India in this thread, really? You're condemning an entire huge democratic nation over phone scammers? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I sure would like a Listeroid low RPM diesel generator from India, and a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

As for global politics, in any conflict with China, we should welcome the Indians as an ally. So what if you don't like their culture? Do you know how much more difficult WWII would have been without Soviet involvement? Some would argue that the allies' ability to win that war hinged on the Soviet meat grinder that was the eastern front.

India is a nuclear power. We should definitely want them as an ally.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm kind of surprised at the amount of shitting on India in this thread, really? You're condemning an entire huge democratic nation over phone scammers?

^^^^^^^
Surprised there isn't more disdain. I would much prefer dealing the Phillipines when it comes to CSR. Their programming skills suck as well.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Such appalling ignorance on display here.

Shameful, really.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Hard earned.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Decades back India said to hell with pharmaceutical patents and began manufacturing them itself, in the face of overwhelming need. The world's governing bodies considered India's situation and said go ahead. Point being, India has a well established and effective pharmaceutical industry now and could do a lot to wean us off our reliance on China for our medical needs. Sounds good on paper but we've been in bed with China for a long time and dumping them is not so simple. If there's a will, there's a way.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Seems like the only people left that don’t understand capitalism, is 50% of America.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I prefer their customer service to Mexico as they speak better English.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
They need us more than we need them..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
India couldn’t be any worse a trading partner and ally than Mexico…right?

Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
India produces solid IT people, worked with lots of good software developers over the years.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Largest population of English speaking people - India.

For all their faults, that is a good place to start in my book.

Now what might make things interesting in a hurry is when/if China dams the rivers that most of India counts on.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your insight about India. I enjoyed the puns also. Got my own ideas why, when they buy military hardwares its generally Russian made. If it comes down to conflict, I hope they put it to good use.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I am concerned about the ruling Hindu nationalist party. They seem to be ( from discussions with friends who know) persecuting hristians more than in previous years.
The contrast between the nation’s poverty and corruption and the capabilities of the Indian-origin physicians I know is really striking.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post