SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeep Wrangler owners step in. Update!! Second Jeep bought
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeep Wrangler owners step in. Update!! Second Jeep bought Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
You will get a lot of fun out of it. I have had 3, a 06 unlimited TJUR, 08 JKUR and a 18 JKURR. The after market is wide spread. Taking the top off and doors are a blast. Start looking at off roading being in areas that few get to see is an adventure. The national forest trails are plentiful. While in the Black Hills of SD we hit most of the trails by Jeep and by UTV. Maybe I’m a bit biased but the fun factor of a wrangler is hard to beat!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Bought an Unlimited, turned out to have a blown head gasket. Maybe a warped head too, not sure. The dealer made it right and I ended up with a 2016 Sahara two door soft top. Not exactly what I was looking for originally, but when I drove it I loved it. Pics in the top post.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
You're gonna need this:

Posts: 1993 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The JL manual transmissions have a recall going on right now - but you're looking for an auto so you're safe in that regard. (The JL MT recall is a complete shit show)

Daughter bought a low mileage Wrangler, SIL worked for the dealer and got it with a trade in on a deal, first month they had it the transmission (auto) went out during the dempanic, took 90 days to get a new transmission. Other than that it's been a good vehicle.

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats Todd, looks nice. Vtail, love that saying from you grandmother. Indeed Todd. Do that. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19242 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought a brand new Jeep Gladiator three years ago, it's been 100% reliable. I like it.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been driving Jeep Wranglers as daily drivers since 1989. In early 2022 I was making frequent trips to Georgia and Jacksonville from south Florida. Wife complained about noisy highway ride (had MT tires). Traded it in for a new Grand Cherokee. Great on the highway and around town. Felt like I was driving a rental car and missed my Wrangler. Few months ago traded that GC for a new Gladiator Mojave. Definitely not as good on the highway but I feel like I got my mojo back.
Good luck with your Wrangler- and I'm a fan of white Jeeps- most of mine have been white-

Posts: 343 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
No other rig made me smile every time I drove it.

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Love the 2 door. And, honestly if you have a garage or safe place to park the soft top is my favorite choice. So fun to just throw back the top but still have it available in a pinch. Congrats! Now come the never ending mods which are a lot of fun. Kind of the AR 15 of vehicles.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Since your new ride is a JK (JL’s have this incorporated into the interior molding) I suggest a set of these. Simple install and rock solid. Nice, inexpensive quick little mod that will save using your steering wheel as an entry point grab handle. Helpful especially if you ever add a lift.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/ro...-handles-wrangler-jk

I was gifted a set of these by a neighbor who was a fellow jeeper when I did some favors for him around the house while he was out of town.

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post