SIGforum
Jeep Wrangler owners step in. Update!! Second Jeep bought

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1720095305

September 24, 2023, 12:03 PM
Ozarkwoods
Jeep Wrangler owners step in. Update!! Second Jeep bought
You will get a lot of fun out of it. I have had 3, a 06 unlimited TJUR, 08 JKUR and a 18 JKURR. The after market is wide spread. Taking the top off and doors are a blast. Start looking at off roading being in areas that few get to see is an adventure. The national forest trails are plentiful. While in the Black Hills of SD we hit most of the trails by Jeep and by UTV. Maybe I’m a bit biased but the fun factor of a wrangler is hard to beat!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 01, 2023, 10:10 PM
Todd Huffman
Bought an Unlimited, turned out to have a blown head gasket. Maybe a warped head too, not sure. The dealer made it right and I ended up with a 2016 Sahara two door soft top. Not exactly what I was looking for originally, but when I drove it I loved it. Pics in the top post.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
October 01, 2023, 10:16 PM
TexasScrub
You're gonna need this:

October 02, 2023, 01:54 PM
HRK
quote:
The JL manual transmissions have a recall going on right now - but you're looking for an auto so you're safe in that regard. (The JL MT recall is a complete shit show)

Daughter bought a low mileage Wrangler, SIL worked for the dealer and got it with a trade in on a deal, first month they had it the transmission (auto) went out during the dempanic, took 90 days to get a new transmission. Other than that it's been a good vehicle.
October 02, 2023, 03:02 PM
old rugged cross
Congrats Todd, looks nice. Vtail, love that saying from you grandmother. Indeed Todd. Do that. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
October 02, 2023, 03:28 PM
Warhorse
I bought a brand new Jeep Gladiator three years ago, it's been 100% reliable. I like it.

October 03, 2023, 05:56 AM
Alyron
I have been driving Jeep Wranglers as daily drivers since 1989. In early 2022 I was making frequent trips to Georgia and Jacksonville from south Florida. Wife complained about noisy highway ride (had MT tires). Traded it in for a new Grand Cherokee. Great on the highway and around town. Felt like I was driving a rental car and missed my Wrangler. Few months ago traded that GC for a new Gladiator Mojave. Definitely not as good on the highway but I feel like I got my mojo back.
Good luck with your Wrangler- and I'm a fan of white Jeeps- most of mine have been white-
October 03, 2023, 09:47 AM
signewt
No other rig made me smile every time I drove it.
October 04, 2023, 07:38 PM
P226RN
Love the 2 door. And, honestly if you have a garage or safe place to park the soft top is my favorite choice. So fun to just throw back the top but still have it available in a pinch. Congrats! Now come the never ending mods which are a lot of fun. Kind of the AR 15 of vehicles.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

October 05, 2023, 10:06 AM
x0225095
Since your new ride is a JK (JL’s have this incorporated into the interior molding) I suggest a set of these. Simple install and rock solid. Nice, inexpensive quick little mod that will save using your steering wheel as an entry point grab handle. Helpful especially if you ever add a lift.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/ro...-handles-wrangler-jk

I was gifted a set of these by a neighbor who was a fellow jeeper when I did some favors for him around the house while he was out of town.

0:01