SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome Your New Cleveland Guardians! No More Indians
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome Your New Cleveland Guardians! No More Indians Login/Join 
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Nah, the Cleveland baseball team is the Indians.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Dolans should have sold the team to somebody with balls

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This could be stopped, but it would take a sacrifice from most of the fans- just stop going to the games, cancel your season tickets, etc. That's the only thing the club owners and the baseball commission understand- money. "Bring back the Indians and the Indians' fans will come back. Otherwise, best of luck with your...whatever it is."

Ain't gonna happen, though. The fans will just lay down for this shit, so...

Oh, and any TV programmer or executive who decides to brodcast Major League- well obviously they are racist and deserve to be killed.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Won't stop until the rest of us stand up and stop accepting this wokeism crap, a minority is directing all social actions in the country, wiping out historical statues, history, teaching false historical narratives in order to erase one thing and replace it with falsehoods that allow them to further their sick agendas.

Still, they're shitty....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This could be stopped, but it would take a sacrifice from most of the fans- ...

Ain't gonna happen, though. The fans will just lay down for this shit, so...

Precisely. Even here on SF, where we certainly have a way above-average level of love of country and a way below-average tolerance for st00pid, there are still people that just gotta have their watching sports fix.

So, yeah: Ain't gonna happen.

Mind you: As far as organized sports are concerned: I don't really give a rosy red rat's backside. Other than regularly listening to the Detroit Tigers play, many moons ago, and a brief infatuation with pro ice hockey, I never have been to terribly interested in following sports. Where is does concern me is these teams aiding the leftist agenda will further aid in the dissolution of our country Frown

I know you once wrote "Thou shalt not berate other forum members about their pro sports interests," so I don't, but sometimes...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently a reference to this "statue", Guardians of Traffic, on the Hope Memorial Bridge in Cleveland.

Like most, I am done with MLB after the All Star fiasco, so I dont really care.

Link

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... Just priced tickets for the Woke Guardians. 40 bucks for two in the cheap seats and over 300 if you want some class. Then factor in parking and food / beer.
No way. And you have to actually go to Cleveland.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Guardian?
Not!

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Cleveland Woketards?

Cleveland Millenials?

Cleveland Quislings?

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Cowards.

Now every one gets to forget about the American Indians and the history they have in the U.S.

They should be called the Cleveland Capitulators.

Atlanta is next. Atlanta Oncewasbrave

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
FFS! What a stupid name. Idiots

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Cleveland Karens.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Cleveland Wokeians

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Ask a real Indian if they care and the answer is overwhelmingly No. Of the had a team called the white guys or crackers I’d be a fan. Who doesn’t want a team named after them??

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
If you show up for a game in an Indians jersey, will they throw you out of the stadium?

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
This hits me probably harder than most given I've been an Indians fan my entire life. I even played local league ball on an Indians team as a kid. Over the years, whenever I was in Cleveland working, I always stayed at a hotel close to the park so I could go watch the Indians play at night. I've probably watched hundreds of Indians games, either in person or on TV, over the years.

This whole clusterfuck can be laid on the shoulders of one man....Larry Dolan. This man is truly a POS of the highest order and has almost single handedly destroyed a historic franchise. I absolutely loathe this POS (as do most Indians fans). He is one of the most disliked owners in MLB, and for good reason. I personally hope Dolan dies a very slow and very painful death, and everyone in the greater Cleveland area shows up to piss on his grave. The line starts right behind me.

And watching the video at the link disgusted me. "Had to change the name of the club", my ass. Nothing had to change and nothing should have changed. It's only for the abject cowardice and stupidity of a handful of incredibly worthless, wealthy, liberals that MLB has now lost a piece of it's history and tradition for nothing. And as for me, I'm done with the "Guardians". FU Larry Dolan.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cowards.

And Guardians? Could they have come up with a more meaningless name? That was obviously a name picked by committee.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
And you have to actually go to Cleveland.

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38656 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Stupid ass decision. Chief Wahoo was the trademark everyone knew. Fuck em.
The Guardians. What a lame ass name. Geez,, could you have picked a more fucked up name? Only if you tried. I’ve been done. And now I’m more done.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well, they didn't go with my first pick:

The Cleveland Windsors!

Big Grin

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post