SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome Your New Cleveland Guardians! No More Indians
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome Your New Cleveland Guardians! No More Indians Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Another woke sports franchise dumps a 100+ year old franchise identity mid season.

The Cleveland Guardians... No more Chief Wahoo, no more hitting it off the reservation, well they suck most of the time anyway, nobody will probably notice.... Not like they renamed the Yankees..

Heap big Linkage

I'm gonna watch Major League and drink whisky with Harry Doyle

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
So much for tradition…

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Sad. Time for someone to nut up and tell the woke bitches to kiss their ass.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pathetic. Guardians of what? It's a meaningless name.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have never been into any sports, could care less about professional sports, but I am enjoying myself currently watching the NFL implode and this woke bullshit destroy baseball.

Let them all eat themselves Roll Eyes

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Pathetic. Guardians of what? It's a meaningless name.

Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
More than a little outside. Mad

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guardians (not worthy of capitalization)!
Ain’t that some shit?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
So much for tradition…

That went out the window in the 70's when all the softball uniforms came out, then the 00's rolled-in with various jerseys for no reason other than there was enough dummies out there to buy them up. Spiders would've been more appropriate given the history of that name but, you know branding people can't do that and need to put their mark on the world Roll Eyes

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
The Cleveland Guardians...

The Cleveland... Guardians???

Guardians of what? I don't get it

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'm gonna watch Major League and drink whisky with Harry Doyle

Cancel Culture attempts to get the movie banned in 3... 2... 1...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Pro sports has gotten too big and expensive anyway.

Went to a minor league game last Sunday, the Reading Phillies, and it was so enjoyable and felt so “real” and fun. You were right there, you can see all the action, hear are all the action, the crowd is great.

I could give a shit about pro sports, let them all woke themselves right into oblivion.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guardians. Sounds like a good name for a Condom.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Pro sports has gotten too big and expensive anyway.

Went to a minor league game last Sunday, the Reading Phillies, and it was so enjoyable and felt so “real” and fun. You were right there, you can see all the action, hear are all the action, the crowd is great.

I could give a shit about pro sports, let them all woke themselves right into oblivion.

you do know that those guys on the minor league field are "professionals" and some of them have already made a whole lot of money playing. and that team wouldn't exist if it weren't for "pro baseball" (major leagues.)

anyways, the name is stupid, the reasoning is stupid, etc. just chose the another word that had "dians" in it...

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Guardians. Sounds like a good name for a Condom.

let them forever be known as the cleveland prophylactics.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything you said about minor leaguers is true. If you go to a minor league game though you pay a fraction of the price and arguably get a better experience. If the majors implode the product at the minor leagues might suffer or maybe not.

Yes they are pros and yes some if them are already paid a ton. The rest are also pros and aren’t paid that much. There is a palpable difference in feel when you attend a Frederick Keys game or a Pensacola Wahoo’s game.

None of which makes the name guardians any less silly.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Guardians?

Against whom?

Indians?

Those genocidal, enslaving, oppressive white supremacists is at it again.

The team should be named the Hough Harlems.
------------------------------------------

Hough Harlems is a Cleveland street gang name. Here is a map of Cleveland street gangs.

Seriously, I can see that very argument being made.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Cowards.

Now every one gets to forget about the American Indians and the history they have in the U.S.

They should be called the Cleveland Capitulators.

Atlanta is next. Atlanta Oncewasbrave

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
As a Houston Oilers fan, who team left them I feel for the Cleveland fans, that name sucks.

NFL and NBA can go woke and broke, I stopped caring.

But I like baseball, it's still Americas pastime. From little league to the Big league. Fathers and sons throwing the ball around makes good strong bonds.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about that anymore. Last Little League game I went to (nephew) had as much grand standing and attitude as the pros. It was disheartening to watch. I had no skin in the game but everyone around me seemed to think the wild display of bad sportsmanship was quite normal. Ugh.

Pro sports are a cancer.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post