SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    March... In like a Lion!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
March... In like a Lion! Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
Nasty weather going through here tonight. Keep your heads down east of Illinois! The worst went north and south of us, but it was intense for a while.

Hail, rain (about 1.5" in 10 minutes), strong winds and very intense lightning! We still have a Tornado watch in effect until 4am CT. Mrs beltfed was heading for the basement at one point. We'll see what it looks like outside in the morning.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The bad crap will be marching through in an hour or more, could be a bumpy night. From a batch earlier, two dead south a ways across the river.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
The bad crap will be marching through in an hour or more, could be a bumpy night. From a batch earlier, two dead south a ways across the river.

I was coming home from China/Japan & we missed driving through a tornado by about 15 minutes.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Northern Kentucky at 3:15 AM had high winds and the heaviest rain I have seen in my entire 58 years. At 7:10 AM sirens blasting and a 2nd warning by smart phone to take cover. More heavy wind and rain, not as severe as earlier. Actually saw a large aircraft take off from CVG Airport in that storm. I didnt know they would fly in weather like that.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It rained hard here in Grayling until noon. In the last two hours we have gotten almost four inches of snow. Zero visability.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No hail here, but the wind roared like a train most of the night. We actually retreated to the basement twice. The winds must have hit 50-60 mph

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Ottawa took the brunt, they are 40-50 miles due east of m. hope everyone is safe.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Report This Post